“Should have read the reviews” 2 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1530 South Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #37 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersGold level
Vacaville, California
“Should have read the reviews”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The best part of the hotel was the proximity to the park. The television was old. Not a lot of channels. The air conditioner was very loud. If you left the 1970 window open (if you could get it open), the air did not circulate. The temperature outside was only 68 and we couldn't get it cooler then 72 in our room. Internet was 9.95 extra. We had to ask for soap, toilet paper and tissue after the housekeeper cleaned the room.They only made one bed, because the other had personal pillows on it.There was less than a quarter of a roll of toilet paper left and they did not supply any. The towels were hard and some were yellow. the walls were thin. We could here a child in the next room crying all night. We went on this trip last minute and wanted to be close to the park. We will never go again to this hotel.
NEVER.

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
StevenM2002, Guest Relations Manager at Carousel Inn and Suites, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property.

I would like to start by informing you that we are currently in the process of replacing all TV's on the property with 32" LG LCD TV's and are looking for a new cable provider to add additional channels for our guests.

I have spoken with our Maintenance team in regards to your A/C issues and apologize for the inconvenience. Our Housekeeping Team has also been notified of the issues you encountered during your stay.

Wi-Fi is available in your room and public areas for a fee of $9.95 per day, however we do provide (2) Computers in the Lobby with Free Internet access and printing capabilities for all of our guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I took my 12 and 16 yr old to The Happiest Place on Earth for a week during spring break and thought I would stay as close to the front gate as I possibly could, knowing the area around can be a titch sketchy. This hotel is close but you still have to navigate past several panhandlers and shopping carts. I'm pretty street savvy but didn't want to mar my personal family memories with this. Okay, so hotel is close ish. BUT I did take note that there are PLENTY of hotel shuttles from nicer hotels dropping guests off CLOSER to the gates, much closer! ( dully noted for our next trip) okay the part about the socks. First night, we are settling in and I notice my feet keep sticking to the floor. I had read this hotel had plenty of dust bunnies ( brought swiffer pads because of warnings by other guests on Tripadvisor-thanks!) I looked at my son, laying on bed immersed in his iPad. His white, brand new socks were BLACK! that was after only an hour, maybe 2 at this hotel. The laminate floor BEYOND filthy! I went to front desk and they assured me it would be scoured the following day. Okay, I was NOT going to subject my family to road/sidewalk filth and grime, chewed gum, loogies! I washed it myself with TP water and hand soap. Dis-gust-ing. We hit the mall the next day and bought socks, lots of them. Did they clean the floors as promised. No. Not until day 3. I can't imagine having young kids staying there, kids like to play on the floor!
This is our 6th trip to DL as a family and I have to say this hotel ranked pretty low on that list. Staff seemed nice enough at the desk. But if you enjoy sleeping past7:30am you might be awoken by, maintenance and housekeeping staff yelling up to each other from different floors. Or cars being moved by valet (those cars have alarms that need to be disarmed beep beep repeatedly). And silverfish. They don't bother me but they are there.
The pizza place joined to the hotel was excellent. The staff there was fun, upbeat, positive. The food was dese. Nice to sit and have a pizza and beer and watch the world drag by out front.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property.

In your review you stated that the area is sketchy and filled with pan handlers, this is a city wide issue and we cannot control what happens off of our property. You are correct that there are shuttles that drop off guests; however these shuttles run on a schedule that most guests find inconvenient and inconsistent. We are just a quick 5 minute walk to either Disneyland or Disney California Adventure.

Many of our guest rooms do have Hardwood laminate flooring; the floors are cleaned on a daily basis with Murphy’s oil soap and deep cleaned and waxed regularly. If a guest requests for additional cleaning our staff cleans it the same day.

I have spoken with our staff and vendors in regards to unnecessary noise before 9am and apologize for the inconvenience. Our valet staff secures all vehicles and those with alarms have to be disarmed when a guest needs their vehicle.

We are glad you enjoyed our newest addition, The Pizza Press. Be sure to try their new Breakfast pizzas on your next visit.
Rocklin, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

There are very few hotels with a better location for a visit to Disneyland. This was my 2nd stay at the Carousel and I am always pleased. The room has everything you need and it was nice to eat a quick continental breakfast before heading into the parks. While there is no hot tub to soak my aching feet in after a long day of walking, the kids did enjoy the rooftop pool (which was heated). I would definitely recommend the Carousel Inn to anyone wanting to visit Disneyland.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
StevenM2002, Guest Relations Manager at Carousel Inn and Suites, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m glad that you enjoyed our rooftop pool and continental breakfast. I will share your comments with our staff.

We look forward to hosting your next stay to the Anaheim Resort
Boise, Idaho, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We booked this hotel as part of a Disney trip through AAA. The price for 4 nights + park hopper passes was great! The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly, and the location is perfect. The kids enjoyed the rooftop pool, and we found the beds to be comfortable. The property is older, but there has clearly been recent updating. Do know that wifi is not free at this hotel.

Other reviews indicate that the TV channel choices are limited, which is true compared to my television-watching options at home, but watching TV wasn't a priority as we were directly across the street from the park! The Continental Breakfast is adequate, but can quickly become crowded as there is limited seating. We enjoyed our stay and would stay at the Carousel Inn again!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the lobby will be quieter as they are not as close to the park, and the building pro...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
StevenM2002, Guest Relations Manager at Carousel Inn and Suites, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are always looking for ways to improve our guests experience while staying with us. We recently have replaced all guest room matresses and are currently in the process of installing 32" flat panel TV's in all room and Suites.

We look forward to hosting your next stay to the Anaheim Resort
Loomis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is our second time to stay at the Carousel. Our last trip was in October 2011. Both times have been great. We booked the Concierge Club rooms this time which are much larger than the standard rooms, but they do not have an elevator. They do have a bellman who will deliver your bags to your room. Our rooms were very quiet. We stayed in Room 227 (king) and our son and his family stayed in Room 238 (two queens). We are looking forward to trying their junior suites which were already booked. The staff is wonderful. The hotel is so close to Disneyland. They have microwaves and refrigerators. The continental breakfast is very limited, I agree. But the Pizza place next door is great. We ate there twice. Our daughter-in-law likes the freedom of being able to come back to the room if she needs to with the kids. This hotel is so close to Disneyland so it works perfect. For the price, this rooms are clean, the beds are very comfortable, the location is great, and the staff are very friendly and helpful. We will be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are glad you enjoyed your recent visit with us. Our Club Level rooms do offer more space and amenities than our Tower Rooms including Robe and Slippers, Bistro Chairs and Tables outside your room, Keurig Coffee Makers, Double Shower Heads and Upgraded Linens. All rooms include a microwave and fridge for your convenience.

The Pizza Press is our most recent addition and offers a great selection of Artisan style pizzas. We have also recently launched a line of Breakfast Pizzas which are beyond delicious! be sure to check them out on your next visit.

We look forward to hosting your next stay to the Anaheim Resort.
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This was a great hotel. We stayed in the junior suite, which allowed our three boys a room to themselves and us the king bed and a little quiet time. The suite had a safe which we loved for small electronic devices, a microwave and a fridge. It also had a nice marble bathroom and water pressure. Hot water was never an issue. The downside was small stuff, old TV's with poor or grainy cable, no hot tub which would have been nice. The pool was roof top and average. We could see the fireworks from the pool which was a FANTASTIC experience. That said we were barely at the hotel. The airconditioner needed to be reset a few times.

The staff were excellent. At 2 am our air conditioner crapped out. We woke up a sweaty mess for all the wrong reasons, but the person at the front desk knew what to do, told me how to reset it and we were back to sleep shortly after.

If your goal is to balance economy and you're not worried about high end frills and will spend most of your time at the park you want to go here. It was just over a quarter mile walk (I'm Canadian, so half a kilometer) to the front gate of Disneyland from the front desk of the hotel.

Our yougest got sick on the last day. I asked for an extended check out time. The guy at the front desk gave me an extra hour free but missed the part where I had a sick kid he DID NOT want to have in the hotel lobby. I could kind of see him struggling with hotel policy in his mind but at the end he gave us two hours which we needed to keep him near a toilet until we went to the airport. (That flight is another story for another time)

There's a great cheap pizza place next door and McDonalds on the north side.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
novato ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Room 206. Located near rear of hotel was very quiet. Continental breakfast was very limited. Juice. Coffee, tea, milk. Hard boiled eggs. Various breakfast breads. Refrigerators in room with small microwave as well. Bed was very firm. Difficult to get comfortable for those that sleep on their side. I noticed many new mattresses in the storage unit, so maybe the mattress was new.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Carousel Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!