“Charges” 1 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Sunnyvale, California
“Charges”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Terrible customer service!!!! After staying here for over 10 years they would not reverse a charge for a room I cancelled unless I PROVE IT! This is after constantly avoiding my calls and emails. They know I always stay and I assured I cancelled. They are scamming - always get names and check your cards! Do not stay here! Howard Johnson's refunded us immediately the one time we cancelled last minute to illness. They will always get out business after 15 years I will NEVER return and we visit several times a year. I will let everyone I have previously referred here to go somewhere else. They cannot be trusted.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
AdrianGonz, Front Office Manager at Carousel Inn and Suites, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear Guest

After reading your review I did some research on your reservations, I was only able to locate 3 total reservations under your name. I found that in 2009 you booked a view suite for 5 nights but did not show on the day of your arrival. We had to cancel your reservation because the credit card that you provided us declined for the 1st nights room and tax. The reservation that is in question was booked 8/15/12 for the dates of 11/22/12-11/25/12, because you called to cancel the day prior we do charge 1 nights room and tax(which is stated on our web site terms and conditions). The reason that we have a cancellation fee is because we do hold the room for you and do not sell it to anyone. If any cancellation is done outside 72 hours we would gladly release the room at no charge. We all hope that you enjoy your next visit to the Anaheim resort area.

Adrian Gonzalez
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here before and still continue y
To he happy with room, price and most of all bed and location. It's so convenient to Disneyland just across the street. And a very nice soft bed which is great after a full day at the park. Everyone I've met has been really nice here. The worst thing I could say is the breakfast is so so cereal ,fruit, danish juice nothing fancy but enough. Oh and have to pay for vallet parking is a funny they never parked my car I did it .

• Stayed November 2012
San Jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We booked Carousel for a recent family trip to Disneyland based on the good reviews and proximity to Disneyland. When we went to give our kids a bath at the end of our first night, we noticed the bathtub was incredibly filthy- I went ahead and rinsed the tub, dismayed, but didn't put too much more thought into it. The next night, when we returned from Disneyland, we noticed the entire tub was full of raw sewage! Toilet waste had come up out the drain and flooded the bathtub. The room was raunchy and disgusting- we could barely breath. Obviously aggravating, as it was 11pm at night and needed to put my kids to bed. But what actually made me upset was the way the hotel handled it- took a long time to get someone out to look at the room, they were rude about providing any kind of ETA on what the resolution would be, and when I asked if they could move us to another room so I could put my kids to bed, they were rude about it- saying the only other rooms they had were suites, so we'd have to move back out early the next morning so we don't get charged the extra cost! In my opinion, the hotel should have given us whatever open room they had at no additional charge since my family's hardship was caused by their maintenance- instead of making my family miss out on vacation time moving rooms first thing in the morning.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

a magnificant hotel, perfect location for disneyland! the staff are very friendly and will always go out of their way to help you. the pizza press on the courtyard is a hidden jem but ask for the 'special' that isnt on the menu. the pool was closed while we were there but they arrange a free shuttle to their sister hotel to use thier facalities free of charge! all in all the nice sprinkle of fairydust to make you disney holiday perfect! and the view of the Disneyland fireworks from room 300 is to die for! another family accompanied us and stayed in the kids room! ive never seen two children happier the mickey details in the room helped set off their first visit to disney, totaly magical! i dont think i would stay anywhere else! room was always clean the beds are comfey. just what we needed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Yankton, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

The one convenience of this hotel is the location to the parks! The hotel is nestled in a neighborhood with alot of other hotel and little eateries (like denny's and ihop).
The pool is VERY small and on top of the roof (with out the great view I thought), we didn't use it since it wasn't really that warm. The fitness center is pretty much nil. Just 2 bikes and a xtrainer.
The desk people were great and friendly, watch for the guy trying to get you a few lunch/breakfast and monatery gifts (trying to sell time shares)
Housekeeping was HORRIBLE. I don't know when they come around but on Thu we left the room from 7-2 (had to come back for my 4 y/o to nap) and still didn't have service. We left at 4, came back and still nothing. Had to call the desk to get towels (at this point we had NONE but one hand towel)
We could hear the people in the room above us every time they were on the bed. Overall the room was cozy and bed wasn't too bed. Pillows were small and not the best.
The breakfast isn't bad. Complementary cereals - hot and cold, biscuits/gravy, hard boiled eggs, fruit, pastries, coffee and juices. Better then NOTHING.
Overall, I probably won't stay here again, but I've stayed in worse!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Worst experience of my 3 week vacation.The Hotel is a great location for Disneyland and that was the only good thing from our experience.First of off had a bad knee and they put me on the second floor that I had to use the stairs,told us nothing we can do about it.So I dealt with it with the help of my wife.The room had hardwood floors ,no big deal.Until you noticed your feet or socks as they were completly black.I guess they don't mop floors there!!! Rooms were very cold for some reason as well and very noisy at night as well.We stayed 3 nights then decided to leave and pay a early check out fee.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Grapevine, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We stayed four days here and were comfortable. Not four-star comfortable, but we chose it for proximity. Carousel's large rooms at the back of the property are a good value. The one we stayed in had a king bed, sofa and desk. Close to MacDonald's and an open-late pizza place.

PROS: much closer to Disneyland than many other properties. Hot showers. Mostly quiet. RF entry card made for easy entry-no fumbling to get card out. Coffee maker. Cleaned daily with option to reuse towels to save water. covered parking at $9 per day and valet.

CONS: Breakfast offering was slim and no hot proteins. Internet was Extra at $10 a day. TV reception was crappy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from stairs.