“Build Your Own Poki Bowl” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #156 of 751 Restaurants in Anaheim
Cuisines: Sushi
Anaheim, California
“Build Your Own Poki Bowl”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Love this new idea in sushi. Pokinometry is a walk-up, cafeteria style place where you build your own poki bowl. The decor is rather minimalist but that adds to the charm. I went in at 2pm on Friday afternoon and was surprised but happy to find it about 80% full and a line to wait in to build my bowl. You start out choosing from either white or brown rice or salad or chips as the base of your bowl. Then you choose your sashimi - 3 scoops for a medium bowl 5 for a large - all bowls also include a scoop of crab and avocado. I chose spicy tuna, yellowtail and salmon - and then I chose the mild sauce - which was a good choice because the spicy tuna had plenty of kick for the entire bowl! Also to top it off you indicate if you want masago, green onion, wasabi and/or fresh ginger. My medium bowl was delicious and plenty to fill me. I look forward to many return visits. The only down side is the very limited street parking - as this place gets more popular I definitely see this becoming a problem. But the bowls are good!

• Visited May 2014