“Corn” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Storyteller's Cafe

Storyteller's Cafe
Disney, 1600 S. Disneyland Drive, Anaheim, CA 92803 (Disneyland)
714 781-3463
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #72 of 685 Restaurants in Anaheim
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Buffet, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Disneyland
Description: Classic children's books come to life at this inviting restaurant at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa that celebrates the age-old tradition of storytelling. Storytellers Café features a daily Character Breakfast hosted by Chip 'n Dale. The lunch menu offers a variety of salads, soups and sandwiches. For dinner, select from buffet selections or order menu specialties from fresh pastas to juicy steaks.
Anaheim
“Corn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I love the buffet at Storyteller's Cafe. It is a bit expensive (almost $30), but well worth it. Also, the corn bread they serve you - impeccable. The corn chowder - amazing.

Visited September 2012

Colorado, United States
“Average Food and Disappointing Characters!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I had surprised my 8 year old niece with a character breakfast at Storyteller's Cafe for the Chip and Dale's Critter breakfast. Two years earlier, my niece had missed meeting Koda and he was on her wish list this trip. I had done my research prior to our visit and learned the only opportunity for a character interaction with Kenai and Koda was at the Storyteller Cafe. My niece was very excited and had her autograph book open and ready. Unfortunately, she was soon disappointed with the lack of meet and greet time at our table. She is a very polite little girl and when the waiter inquired why she looked so unhappy, she said she would like to meet Koda and Kenai please. Those darn bears had skipped our table three times and she was on the verge of tears. The waiter rather rudely informed her to, "just enjoy your food." One hour and thirty minutes in the restaurant we had two character interactions at our table and a broken hearted little girl; we got Chip and Terk. Not a great way to start our second day of vacation. We went with the buffet as my niece can be a picky eater and wanted to give her as many choices as possible. We found very few, "kid friendly" food choices on the buffet. At the end of the visit I was left with a hungry disappoint child; not a fun experience. Later in the day we shared our experience with the Grand Californian Hotel staff and the response was, "we hear that a lot; sorry she was disappointed." My advise, skip the Storyteller's Cafe character dining and go to Goofy's Kitchen or PCH Grill. Both Goofy's Kitchen and PCH Grill had good quality kid friendly food and excellent character interactions. We also later learned that Kenai and Koda do not give autographs; my niece would have been thrilled with a hug and photo.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
“Great and well priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I am not a fan of Buffets in general but you can order off the menu if you want.
The buffet was extremely clean and excellent presentation and great variety.

Visited October 2012
Nome, Alaska
“Nice variety & delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I was in Anaheim for a week of travel agent training with my fellow agents, and our special dinner together was at the Storyteller's Cafe. There was a wide variety of items to choose from, I especially enjoyed the corn chowder & the desserts! I highly recommend it!

Visited February 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Clash of 4000 people trying to get a feed - Yuck”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

I did all the 5 character breakfasts in Oct 12. Sadly this was by far the worst. There was 50 plus people waiting to eat with many more lining up to seek a table. A tip boom - I did and still waited 10 / 15 minutes but that's okay. I loved watching the rich and not famous fronting without a reservation and having to actually wait in line. That is one thing they do well here - enforce the wait. I sat down to my table having the wait staff remove excess (like 20 of each) cutlery from the table. Service was slow and they looked rushed. Very busy as the hotel has like 4000 people staying there. It was madness. There were dirty dishes piling up everywhere. See my photos. I saw management fixing up messy work of staff. Again, the food is all the same - go to PCH - better service and price.,

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere