You added Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center to your Saves list
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center
Ranked #4 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
Nottingham, UK
“Fantastic Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2007

This is a fantastic hotel and i think reasonably priced.

we paid $129 per night for a suite on the top floor. The rooms were spacious, well appointed and very clean.

we spent 3 weeks in California/Las Vegas and this was by far the best hotel we stayed in and not the most expensive.

Close to disney and within walking distance of plenty of restaurants.

Nice pool area.

We chose this hotel as we drove past it and didn't regret it for a minute.

Free internet access in business lounge - parking is $12 a night.

Breakfast $12.99 for buffet including bacon, sausage etc.

If we returned to Anaheim we would definately be staying here again.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2007

This was a great hotel to stay at for the price I paid. I was attending a wedding very close to disneyland and staying only one night so I could not spend too much money but I did not want to stay at a crummy hotel either so I chose the doubletree.
Location is great, within walking distance to Disneyland and the convention center. Parking is safe and well lit. Service desk was friendly and fast. Rooms are very clean and nicely decorated. I loved the bed and the pillows, very comfortable. Nothing really to complain, Will definately stay again if in the area.

• Liked — cleanliness and comfort
  • Disliked — parking fees
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
Marina del Rey, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2007

This hotel and the Courtyards by Mariott next door were the only hotels newly built in 2006 in the disneyland area, I've stayed at both now but I will be coming back to the Doubletree!
I got the price of $89 a night from priceline, not name-your-own-price, just a special rate. The receptionist said that it was an excellent rate, its usually between $100-140.
Loved the elegant lobby, attractively decorated rooms and the small touches, like warm cookies, that added to the experience.
Some info more info for you:
1. The hotel has 1 cafe which serves starbucks coffee, and bagels/pastries/fruit etc (like at starbucks). Nice when you want to eat and run to the DL park in the morning.
2. Also there is a restaurant with buffet breakfast, kids eat free with adult purchase. Its a full breakfast but no omlettes, pancakes, waffles... There is a sundrys store and a bar too, which looks pleasant and upscale but we didn't check it out.
3. The restroom in the lobby was very pretty though dark, the tissue paper boxes had the tissues faned out every morning, nice touch; There is a full length mirror on the wall and it also had a diaper table in the handicaped stall.
4. They have a disneyland welcome center where you can get maps, buy tickets and the DL shuttle picks up in front of the hotel.
5. Also there is an ATM in the lobby. Parking is Flat Rate $11 a day, includes in and out priveleges, same as the Courtyard hotel, not sure if others are much cheaper.
6. Room had a microwave and fridge (no drink bar) which is nice for traveling with kids/babies.
7. Very pretty and well thought out room. Lots of lamps (4), big alarm clock, tv check out/ what looks like an ninetendo remote.
8. Bed was a very soft, high quality pillowtop mattress, rare in a family hotel, i loved it and the pillows but some may find too soft, my husband did.
9. Closet had a safe, extra blanket, pillow, sheets, ironing board/iron and hangers.
10. Room was medium size, good size for the area but may be small for 3+ adults, we were 2 adults plus baby and it was perfect. Fashionably decorated but has a texture ceiling.
11. Bathroom was well thought out. The bathroom had 6 deep deep shelves under the counter!! Why don't other hotels do this?? Great for keeping toiletries, makeup bags, 48 ct. bag of diapers off the countertop. The countertop was composite granite, not the most elegant counter but fine.
12. They also had a 1875 wtt hairdryer, still, it was a little slow, but at least it wasn't attached to the wall. And they included shampoo, conditioner, shower cap, lotion, and sewing kit, all Nuetragena brand. They tied the washcloths into a bow around the towl rack each morning, which was cute.
13. The bath area was nice, clean, all one piece so no chaulking, and since I don't like sitting soap on the edge of the tub, I liked that they had 2 soap rests in the corner, 1 low, at bathing height and 1 high, at shower height. Also liked how high up on the wall the showerhead was, easily comfortable for someone who is over 6 ft tall.
Compared to other hotels in general, about 3 1/2 stars, there are some cut corners. But overall, compared to the other hotels around disneyland, 4 stars, its probable the best, baring aome disney property hotels which are >$200 a night! This is the best I've stayed at in Anaheim. We would happily go back! Hope this helps. :)

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
long island ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2007

Ok, well I was a solo traveler. As my husband was on convention in Hollywood. I decided to take a 2 night stay in Anaheim, for Disneyland. and from the other reviewers. I chose the Doubletree. I took the Red line/Amtrak to get to Anaheim. Took a short cab ride to the hotel, just to drop off my bags, so i can run to the parks. Well, when I came back to check in. I was very happy with my choice! As soon, as I checked in. I was given this nice sized warm delicious chocolate chip cookie. Yummo!! The hotel, was wonderful. Everything was clean, looked new. The hotel staff all were spot on, kind, and nice. My room was a standard King, it was spacious, immaculate, it had a microwave, a mini refrigerator, coffee maker, with wolfgang puck coffee. Yummy! The bed. Heaven!! They also had, neutrogena soaps, shampoo, conditioner, and lotion. A+++ for me.

One night, I got room service, just to splurge. I ordered a burger. Medium well. It came to me over well. I am not a complainer, so I dealt with it. I think the Denny's across the street would have been a better, choice for a burger. But I was already showered, and in my night clothes, and to tired to go out. So, my burger, was a little lacking. But, nothing else was. I wish I was at the hotel right now! Shuttle service was right outside the hotel. You really could not ask for more. I did not get to see all of the hotel, or use all the amenities. But, I am sure, just by the look of it. Everything was pretty nice. I say run to this hotel. If you are looking, for a beautiful hotel, with comfy beds, and nice warm gracious staff members. The Doubletree guest suites should be your first pick!!

• Liked — Everything!!
  • Disliked — My room service burger
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled solo
Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2007

This Doubletree was gorgeous. Our room was clean and well-decorated, the bed very comfortable (a must when visiting Disney!) and the cookies at check-in, as always, were delicious. The only drawback is that disney is about a mile and a half walk. So if you're going to Disney, make sure to pack a backpack so you don't have to go back to the hotel during the day.

• Liked — VERY comfortable, gorgeous hotel
  • Disliked — A little bit of a walk to Disney. I'd stay closer or take a cab next time.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2007

A two night stay at the Doubletree over the Easter weekend (Sun/Mon) was very relaxing. The hotel lived up to all the reviews posted. The following comments are observations during our stay, but it was overall, very enjoyable.

Check in: Easy and efficient (no warm cookies but were given rainchecks which we redeemed half an hour later). The front desk staff/concierge were very helpful with any requests.

Room: Cozy two rooms plus separated bath. The sofa pulled out and was pretty comfortable. The queen beds in the bedroom were much better. Loved the quilt and the abundant fluffy pillows. Big lag in switching channels using the remote on the large LG TV.

Maid service: We arrived back at 3:00 pm, hoping to relax in our room. We noticed the cleaning service was still down the hall, and noticed that our room still hadn't been cleaned. The maid knocked on our room shortly after we settled in. We opted to go to the business center and check email until she was done.

Bathroom: Half-size tub with the water-saving trickle shower head. I prefer full-on water pressure for showering. The low-flow toilets are a concern for those with small children who love toilet paper (it clogged up on us...) The sink and counter were too high for our 7-year old (couldn't reach the faucet). Neutrogena products were nice, including a foam face cleanser and face lotion with SPF. The shampoo bottles were smaller than average, so we needed more the next day. Hair dryer was okay (kinda slow), but at least it was not glued to the wall.

Pool: Great for the kids, clean and well kept on second floor of the hotel. It's not a huge pool, though. Hot tub was busy. The pool towels were depleted late in the day, but immediately after asking at the concierge desk, the supply was repleted.

Fitness Room: Several walking machines, weights and a plasma tv

Arcade Room: Dual racing consoles and one Pac Man/Galaga unit. This is billed as a wide selection in the brochure. The room is a small closet near the pool area.

Restaurants: Did not eat at Agio, but did try the cafe. Coffee was good, but the service was off that morning. It took forever to get a couple of lattes (with several interruptions to their creation) while we waited.

Other: There is a Disneyland booking center in the hotel, so if you didn't plan ahead, you can purchase tickets. Internet access in the business center was good; wireless available in the lobby.

Parking: $11/day (same as Disneyland)

ART - Anaheim Resort Transit. $3/day for those 10 and older (free 9 and under). The ART stops in front of the hotel (extremely small sign) and across the street (really big shelter). ART "D" Route is the one you want for Disneyland and back. You can buy the ART passes at the front desk and charge it to your room! You CAN also walk to the park (a brisk 15 minutes).

Nearby eateries: Denny's, Baker's Square (like a Denny's), Carl's Jr., Taco Bell. Further south: Buca di Beppo (Italian), Joe's Crab Shack. North of hotel: IHOP, Subway on the NE corner of Katella and S. Harbor Dr.), Tony Roma's (across from Disneyland). The Block at Orange mall is not very far (driving) and has more options, as does the Westfield Shoppingtown.

• Liked — Clean new hotel with great front desk service
  • Disliked — Low flow toilets and late afternoon housekeeping
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bakerfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2007

Wonderful, the staff was very attentive, we had saved for our adventure to Disneyland for over 6 months, and booked this hotel online and never felt more lucky. The rooms were huge, the beds were nicely displayed and the kids enjoyed the option of watching tv in the living area while we had the comfort of watching in the room. We definetly will be returning to this place.

Stayed April 2007