“Let Down - below Hilton Standards” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center to your Saves list
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   2085 S Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast Package
Ranked #4 of 112 hotels in Anaheim
Atlanta, Georgia
“Let Down - below Hilton Standards”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I am shocked this hotel got such high reviews especially since there are 4 star hotels (Marriott and Hilton) are right down the street. This hotel and staff are are not great. Please Note: If you are Hilton Honors Gold or Diamond and you get the free breakfast vouchers for 2 adults, the kids eat free does not apply to you. The front desk staff was very snippy with me when I asked about this. We were also paying rack rate for the room. We did not receive the cookies at check in and i didn't dare to ask.

Pros
The rooms are suites
Lots of resturants in the area
Less than a mile to Disneyland

Cons
Rooms are old and need an update badly
staff was not great - very surprising for Hilton standard
breakfast buffet was awful for the price. they were always out of food and we were there at 7:30 each morning. The food was cold including the eggs and soggy bacon

I was extremely disappointed expecailly with the high reviews from Tripadvisor. Next time, I will stay at the Marriott or Hilton down the street

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ManagerDT, Manager at Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear RomaM,

Please accept my apologies for a less than impressive stay at the Doubletree Suites by Hilton.

While it is correct that the Kids Eat Free promotion doesn’t apply to the complimentary Hilton Honors breakfast, it does sound like the Front Desk may need to improve how they share this information with our guests. I’m very disappointed you did not receive our famous Chocolate Chip Cookies upon arrival, as this is a cornerstone of the Doubletree by Hilton brand. I’ll be sure to discuss these issues with our Front Office management right away.

Based on feedback like yours, we will be updating our guestrooms in September 2013. Everything from carpets to sofas to chairs will be refreshed.

I will also discuss your thoughts on the breakfast buffet with our Executive Chef. He strives for a hot, plentiful & fresh buffet every morning.

RomaM, thank you for your review. We hope you’ll give us another chance to show you the excellent service and accommodations the Doubletree Suites by Hilton normally provides its guests.

Deborah Fisher
Manager, Doubletree Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort - Convention Center

1,414 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We chose to stay at this hotel because it was in somewhat in close proximity to Disneyland.
Our conference was at the the Disneyland Hotel. The hotel is a short taxi ride or a 20 minute walk to Disneyland.

The staff was very accommodating and friendly. Housekeeping staff kept our room very well. They made sure our room stayed stocked with towels. I only have one complaint. Our room temperature would get uncomfortable during the day. I didn't bring this to the attention of the staff because we were in out of the room so much.

The food in the restaurant is very good and well priced. I also recommend walking to the Garden Walk and trying out Roy's Hawaiian Fusion.

If your traveling with Teens, I recommend Downtown Disney, Gardenwalk, and the Outlets at Orange.

• Stayed June 2013
Branchburg, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This was second stay at this hotel in the past year. The rooms were clean and the service was very good.We had a suite for ourselves, which was spacious and adequate. Our daughter had a regular room which I thought was very small, especially for a longer stay. The breakfast buffet was tasty with with a large selection of hot and cold foods. Unlike some breakfast buffets, this offered a different selection of hot foods on various mornings. The room service was phenomenal. Even our smallest, not on the menu, requests were acknowledged. For example, our granddaughter got sick on the drive to Anaheim. We asked for saltine crackers for her that evening and even though they didn't have saltines, they provided a variety of dry, white crackers. The housekeeping, concierge, bellman, and front desk staffs were friendly and helpful. During our stay, a group of over 300 high school students and chaperones stayed in the hotel; however, we were not bothered by this large number of young people and were unaware of the them even being in the hotel until the next evening when we heard about it being discussed by staff members. We are planning a visit to Anaheim in January and will stay at this hotel again.

Australian Capital Territory, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Obviously budget has a big play in choice but the rooms here are comfortable although the hotel shows some signs of its true age. The hydraulic elevators are old and clunky. Its a $5 bus shuttle to Disneyland and sometimes a 20-30 minute wait. Breakfast was excellent and Mario was a great server. Quiet room air conditioning and comfortable bed. Its $16 a day parking but very convenient on lot close to hotel. A generally well maintained hotel

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
San Jose
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This is my second time staying at this hotel. This time we stayed for 5 nights. I think just about every hotel around Disneyland endures high traffic and abuses from kids. This hotel definitely showed signs of wear and tear since a year ago when I last visited. In general, the carpet is starting to look dirty. The room doesn't have a fresh feel to it and the furniture looks worn.

The breakfast is still average at best. I got free breakfast from my Hilton Honors membership, and I would never eat there if I had to pay. Previously my four years old kid was able to eat for free, but this time they charged him $7. I did try the room service this time and the salad and pasta we ordered were delicious.

It's weird that the hotel has Disney ticket office inside, yet they don't sell multi-day pass for the Anaheim Resorts Transit (ART). As a tip, I would never use the ART bus again in my future trips to Disneyland. It was extremely frustrating all those time we wasted while waiting for the bus.

Also, the hotels charges $16/day for parking plus about $25/day for resort fees and taxes. I would probably not stay here again. Instead, I would look for either a newer hotel or just splurge and stay in one of the Disney hotels.

Dear Nstar612,

Thank you for your review. Please know we do listen to our guest reviews and it does affect change within the Doubletree Suites by Hilton.

As a result of feedback like yours, I am pleased to share that we have a guestroom refresh scheduled for September of 2013. We will be updating the guestroom sofas, chair, carpets and more. We’ll also be reducing the nightly Resort Fee to just $1.21 per night.

I’ll be sure to share your thoughts on the breakfast buffet with our Executive Chef. He is always looking to improve the quality and variety of the breakfast buffet.

Nstar612, thank you once again for your feedback. We hope you will give us another opportunity to show the service and accommodations the Doubletree Suites by Hilton is known to provide.

Deborah Fisher
Manager, Doubletree Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort - Convention Center
Poncha Springs, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We booked a suite at the DoubleTree to accommodate my wife and I, plus our daughter and son-in-law. That worked out very well for all of us. My wife and I took the master suite (of course) and the kids got the fold-out bed in the sitting room. The suite was quite comfortable and offered everything we needed for our short two-night stay. My wife was complementary of the bath products and we all enjoyed the warm chocolate chip cookies offered to each guest at check in. The staff was friendly and helpful, and provided my daughter with a detergent packet so she could do a load of wash.

I would encourage going with the breakfast package. I'm generally not a fan of hotel breakfasts, but it's worth it here because you can eat and be on your way to the Disney parks quickly and efficiently in the morning. Second, the breakfast buffet at this DoubleTree is excellent, with a wide selection of freshly-prepared products, including steamed vegetables. We were also very pleased with the service we received with the breakfast option.

I would strongly encourage the hotel to provide shuttle service to the Disney parks. Although it is within easy walking distance (about a 3/4 mile I'd guess), there are times - especially after a long day at Disneyland - when reliable and frequent transport is appreciated. We were not pleased with the ART(Anaheim public transit system) which was expensive and unreliable.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with kids, spring for a suite rather than an extra room. It will save you s...
Launceston, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We arrived at the hotel early, and was treated to early check in, followed by a warm chocolate chip cookie! Yummo. The room we were provided for 2 nights was huge. A separate sitting room, and 2 Queen Beds gave us plenty of room to spread out. Not too far to walk to Disneyland. The only disappointment was the service provided in the restaurant when we utilised this facility after an all day bus tour. Staff seemed tired and not engaged in their job. The food was nice, but would not visit the restaurant for an evening meal again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center

Address: 2085 S Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92802
Location: United States > California > Orange County > Anaheim
#3 Business Hotel in Anaheim
#4 Family Hotel in Anaheim
#5 Romantic Hotel in Anaheim
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center 3.5*
The newly renovated DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center is ideally located one block from the Anaheim Convention Center and just one mile from Disneyland(R) Park and Disney's California Adventure(R) Park. Now offering free wifi and 100% Non-Smoking facilities. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, BookingOdigeoWL, getaroom.com, Agoda and HotelsClick so you can book your Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree Suites By Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Anaheim
Doubletree Hotel Anaheim
Doubletree Resort Anaheim

If you own or manage Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.