“Great cookies, great room, great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center to your Saves list
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   2085 S Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast Package
Ranked #4 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Delray Beach, FL
“Great cookies, great room, great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We wanted to stay near Disney and truthfully looked for a doubletree because my husband loves the cookies. We found this doubletree suite near Disney in Anaheim and it was great. It's perfect for families that want 2 rooms for the price of one. The rooms were large in size and could comfortably hold 4. We checked in very late, almost midnight and the cookies were fresh and warm and te room was clean. What more could ou ask for.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Philomath, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I made a last minute reservation when every other hotel was full, and had a very pleasing one night stay. Everything was very clean and well cared for, I thought the hotel was very visually attractive. There is an authentic feeling to the architecture here, with lots of stone. Every interaction with the staff was consistently professional and friendly. I only stayed one night, but I would do it again. I paid more than the lowest rates advertised, so I may be extra critical, but I find no faults.

Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

It's kinda like they don't try too hard since they are close to Disney World and hope you will be under the influence of Mickey Mouse. It has a pretty lobby, but the rooms are pretty standard. Not all that exciting. Fortunately, I was only there one night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
DF3000, Manager at Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Kuwells,

Thank you for your review. You are correct, Disneyland and Mickey Mouse can be quite intoxicating. While Mickey does cast a spell, it is our service that should make the biggest impression. I'm sorry we missed the opportunity to Wow you.

I'd also like you to know our suites will be getting a facelift this year. Everything from carpet to sofas, chairs to bedding will be updated.

I hope you will give us another opportunity to impress with our usually excellent guest service and a refreshed hotel.

Deborah Fisher
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort - Convention Center
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Let me start off my saying that I'm writing this review a month late hoping that I wouldn't have to write a poor review of this hotel. The grounds are lovely and rooms are ideal, but after my last stay I'm EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED in this hotel customer service and management.

On the day I was to check-out, I discovered when I was packing that I was missing my wine glass from my recent trip a week earlier to Napa Valley. I called the front desk to let them know that my item was missing and to see if it had been found due to the housekeeper taking it by mistake. After about three hours I went to the front desk and asked if my item had been found. I received the "I'm sorry ma'am we looked in the lost and found, talked to the housekeeper and staff and couldn't find it." There was no movement from the associate until I mentioned that I purchased the item in Napa Valley as a souvenir. At that he went to find his manager. From here, I explained that the item was part of a package deal and you were unable to purchase it by itself so I would need to repurchase the entire package again. The hotel was prepared to give me cash until I gave them the cost of the glass/package. From this they want to give me credit on my stay. I was not at all pleased with this response, seeing how I went to Napa Valley for pleasure and I was in Anaheim for business. The credit on my account would do nothing for me to have my souvenir back and the credit would be on my business account. From this, the associates spoke with the manager of convention services; she said they would contact the winery and ask them to ship me another wine glass. They verified my address and said they would send me tracking information on the package. Everything sounded great. I was happy the hotel was going to replace my only souvenir from Napa Valley with no inconvenience to me since one of their employees took something was not property of the hotel.

Fast forward two weeks. I still did not receive any tracking information on this item, as promised, so I contacted the hotel. After speaking to one of the associates at the front desk, she said she spoke with her manager and they said the issue was handled and that they were under the impression the winery already shipped the item. If I had any questions to contact the winery to see what happened and if the hotel needed to move the winery along they would do so. So, I did. The winery did not have any previous knowledge of this. They were looking for additional information who the hotel spoke with and the arrangement made. I then called the hotel back to get additional information and the person who I needed to speak to was no longer on site and they would leave her a message and she would contact me. Every time I've contacted the hotel and asked for the person I previously spoke with, they are not longer available - even if it was five minutes ago! This makes for a very very frustration conversation being the ''monkey in the middle'' between the hotel and winery, when I have absolutely no information, only that the hotel was going to replace my glass.

Over a week later and I have still not heard from this associate nor have I received my souvenir that the hotel was going to replace. At this point I am beyond frustrated at the hotel and its management. The lack of follow through to this situation as well as the inconvenience that was caused to one of its customers (Gold Hilton Honors member!) is appalling. This is not the Hilton customer experience I was expecting when staying at this hotel. I have spoken with my own associates at my company and we will consider no longer be staying with this hotel and we are even reconsidering our Hilton membership.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Amanda,

Please let me apologize for the red tape and frustration you encountered in attempting to get your wineglass back. Our managers are usually quite accessible and I am so sorry this was not the case for you. We will be discussing your situation with our management team.
Our Director of Front Office should have been in touch by now with the tracking information for your replacement glass. In addition, she will advise you of some additional compensation for the unneeded difficulty you encountered.
Once again, let me apologize for the challenges you faced. I want to assure you this is not the level of service the Doubletree Suites by Hilton normally provides.

Deborah Fisher
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort - Convention Center
Paradise, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I chose this hotel because of a few comments I read from other guests, such as "we were upgraded and the view was wonderful." Also, I was told that every room in the hotel was a suite. Our room had nowhere to sit with a mirror, no privacy for the bathroom sink area, and the view we had was of the back roof of the first floor. It was literally the worst room in the place. I noticed that the group in front of us were upgraded, and quickly taken care of while we had to wait for the next shuttle because they took so long to take care of us. And when they did, it was that back room that really no one would want. We did not complain, but we were not happy with it.

The hotel is about a mile from the park, if you include the walk from the street. We bought the shuttle tickets every day (unlimited) for $5. The thing is, the bus is filled with smelly, whining people. The last shuttle leaves 30 minutes after the park closes but main street is still open for another hour. There is no time for leisurely strolls through the shop before heading back because you have to get out to the bus stop and you get packed in like sardines. The little kids who are upset about having to leave Disneyland are having tantrums, God bless them, and they can't help it. While I sympathize with them, it's pretty unsettling to have to ride smashed up against them.

The pool and hot tub were both closed and we were told to walk to the hotel next door. REALLY? Well, that didn't matter anyhow, as both hotel pools closed at the same time as Disneyland, which makes absolutely no sense. After a long day of running and walking on cement, it would have been so nice to soak in a hot tub but it will never be possible for any of the guests.

The waitress in the breakfast buffet (40-ish with dark skin and long black hair) was completely uninterested in finding out what we needed or wanted. It was a total waste of time and money to purchase that deal except for the last day when we were seated right next to the buffet and had two really nice waitresses doting on us. By that time we were starting to get sick of the same food for four days:(

Honestly, for most of our stay, we felt invisible.

Room Tip: For Disneyland, the closer to the park entrance, the better. Walking in & out is the best. Choos...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
hotel82, General Manager at Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I am sorry that you ran into so many problems during your stay, but appreciate your bringing them to my attention. Let me first address the room... while we are primarily a suite hotel we do have 50 standard rooms, and it appears that is what you chose when making your reservation. The room in question, while on the pool level is one of the largest standard rooms that we have, but perhaps one on a higher floor would have been preferable.
As for the pool, we did have it out of order for three days to do some resurfacing, and I apologize for not informing you in advance. The closing hours of operation both here and at the other hotels in the area, is typically between 10PM-11PM. While a dip after a long day at the park might interest some, most of our guests simply want to go to sleep and object to the noise that a pool can generate.
Finally, there is no excuse for indifference, and the waitress in question wants you to know she is very sorry.
We pride ourselves on guest service, but learn from our mistakes. Thank you for staying with us and I hope we will have another opportunity to serve you.
Respectfully,
Jeff Morse
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I am from Alabama but will be visiting California for the first time in May. I will be attending a international training event for my company for a period of three days. I was online trying to figure out the best hotels in the area and I came up on your hotel. I did call after reviewing some information. The first representative I spoke with was in a call center and was not very helpful. I then proceeded to call back and spoke with Katie at the front desk. She was wonderful! She answered all of my questions will accuracy and proficiency. I have 3+ years of hotel front desk experience and that is what I call "great guest services!!!" I can not wait to come and visit your hotel and I am also recommending my coworkers that are coming to Anaheim to stay with you all, as well. I know from the professionalism I received from Katie that I will enjoy my stay.

Holland, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Great service from reception to check out. The room was great, clean, and comfortable. The restaurant was excellent. I had a little difficulty with the HVAC, but nothing that reduced my comfort for the night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center

Address: 2085 S Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92802
Location: United States > California > Orange County > Anaheim
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#3 Business Hotel in Anaheim
#4 Family Hotel in Anaheim
#5 Romantic Hotel in Anaheim
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center 3.5*
The newly renovated DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center is ideally located one block from the Anaheim Convention Center and just one mile from Disneyland(R) Park and Disney's California Adventure(R) Park. Now offering free wifi and 100% Non-Smoking facilities. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Agoda, Travelocity and HotelsClick so you can book your Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree Suites By Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Anaheim
Doubletree Hotel Anaheim
Doubletree Resort Anaheim

If you own or manage Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.