“Clean Rooms, reasonably priced.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center

You added Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center to your Saves list
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   2085 S Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast Package
Ranked #4 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Clean Rooms, reasonably priced.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Came to visit the Disneyland Park and Downtown Disney. Location of the Hotel was perfect, easy to get around to and from Disneyland. Rooms were nice and clean, maintenance was fast responding to the "one" issue that I experienced. Front desk was courteous and genuine. Decent price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Just got back from a Disneyland weekend with our grandson and family. This was our second stay at this hotel. We signed up again after comparing other prices and locations. It is within walking distance of Disneyland but there is a city shuttle stop right in front of the hotel which is about $4 a day for as many rides as you would like to take. Shuttle bus comes by every 20 minutes. The hotel is clean and attractive and the suites spacious. I was pleased with the warmth shown by the staff. Everyone smiled and was friendly. We signed up for the breakfast-included option and the buffet, while pretty traditional, was very good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Buellton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at the Double Tree for three nights in Aug, very friendly staff. The room was very clean and had everything and more that I needed. The gal at the bar in the lounge was so fun to chat with. This hotel is within walking distance to many great restaurants and near Disneyland if you have kids. The breakfast was great, they have a buffet in the mornings or you can order off the
menu.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

This is an older property that has had significant upgrades and is in very good overall condition, but it’s not a 5 star hotel. I stayed in room 441 a two room, king suite.

PRO's:

• VERY friendly staff and they seem to be everywhere. Well staffed.
• Has micro/fridge combo in room
• (2) 32” flatscreen’s in suite
• Clean, even the fire escape stairwells are spotless (I often take the stairs instead of elevator for exercise. Shocking how filthy some are)
• Very nice work area
• Solid surface counters with tile floors in bathroom. Bathroom was clean
• Very good beds with excellent pillows and duvet.
• Near Disney (I was here for work though)
• Pool and whirlpool on second floor

CON’s:

• Older property means dated layout
• Pricey, but many things in Anaheim are expensive.
• Restaurant food was production grade and only average. Very good staff though.
• Only ONE outlet for electrical power. Work chair was poor for laptop work over 15-20 minutes, wobbly arms and front of lower seat cushion cracked with no support.
• Climate control anemic. Keep shades closed when leaving room.

SCORE: I stayed here instead of the Hilton because there is a TON of construction taking place in front of the Marriott and Hilton (September/October 2012). What a MESS! It was a pleasant, scenic 5 minute walk to the Convention Center from the Doubletree. There are several restaurants nearby. Ask for a list with map at the front desk. Denny’s is across the street and Ruth Chris Steaks next door. Fireworks from Disney can be seen from pool at 9:30-ish.

I would give this property a 90/100 overall and an 85/100 for value. I would consider this property in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing fireworks. If you cant get one, see it from pool
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stayed here while visiting Disneyland. I do like hotels that run like clockwork. No fuss checking in, room well appointed and comfortable, good coffee and service. My partner and I were surprised (and delighted) to receive a warm chocolate chip cookie on check in. Very odd but yummy. Parking was an extra cost and was opposite the main entrance in an open air car park. Everything worked well, it was quiet. We checked out in no time having grabbed a coffee from the small cafe on the ground floor to have while we continued on our tour up the coastline.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I love this hotel! I have stayed here multiple times, and I have never had a bad experience. My family and I use this hotel whenever we do overnight trips to Disneyland. The lobby is well lit, comfortable and welcoming. The polished stone floor shows the attention to detail that many hotels overlook. My kids love that we're greeted with a chocolate chip cookie when we check in. I always get the two room suite which works out great for me since i get up early and I am able to watch TV without waking up the rest of my family. I have recommended the hotel to friends and family, you will not be disappointed with your stay here. I had a very bad experience with the

Room Tip: Get the suite, it has two separate rooms which prevents waking up other sleeping family members.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Doubletree Anaheim
This review describes our experiences during our stay at Doubletree Anaheim from October 28 through November 1, 2011.

Front Desk/Check-In
My family didn’t necessarily need the services of front desk with the exception of checking in and checking out. Our limited experiences with them were positive.

Common Areas
I didn’t personally experience many of the amenities that the hotel offers (pool, exercise room, arcade, etc.), so I wont speak to that. The lobby and other surrounding areas are quite nice.

We scored free breakfast and took full advantage of that perk. We were quite satisfied with what was offered in a buffet style setting. Automatic pancake makers, juices, cereals (great for “on the go”), an assortment of eggs, toasts, bacon, sausage, etc. Can’t go wrong here.

Room

Cleanliness
Perhaps the most important quality of a room is its cleanliness; this room was spotless everyday we were there.

Comfort/Quietness/Light Control
I could have slept forever in these very comfortable rooms. We had no issues with noise, light, or stiff/sagging beds. Top notch all the way around.

Being a suite, our room has two rooms, separated by a door. That was great! Plenty of room – all of the amenities you needed right there. It made coming back from the Disneyland Parks after a long day a great respite.

Bathroom
The bathroom was fully stocked, clean, and came with all your standard accoutrements. It featured all tile floors and countertops. Hot water and cold water was readily available.

Housekeeping/Staff
Great job here too. They did a fantastic job cleaning up after us. Ensure that you tip your Housekeepers.

Exterior
The building and its grounds are well kept.

Location
Location is pretty good if you are in town for Disneyland. This hotel is almost too far to walk. Almost. My family and I walked it everyday. Getting to the park was a breeze. Getting back to the hotel – not so much.

Price/Value
I didn’t pay for the room – I used Hilton Honors points for the stay, but I would say that it is a very reasonable price given the superior room. I plan on staying there again verrrrry soon and definitely recommend this hotel to families that are willing to spend a few dollars more on a hotel and don’t mind walking about a mile to get to and from the parks.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family