“Management made the difference for us” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center

You added Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center to your Saves list
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   2085 S Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast Package
Ranked #4 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
Los Angeles, California
“Management made the difference for us”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

My family and I just spent a 2 night 3 day stay here at the Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center for an extended trip to the Disneyland Resort for my and my sons' birthdays the week of July 18th. Overall our experience was a very positive one not perfect but most pleasing.

We booked here for its proximity to the park, its family friendly accommodations and my perception of value for our money. Being a single income family of six, I can assure you value is high on our list in these challenging economic times. There was only one real sticking point for me in that regard but more on that later.

First off: Management made the difference for us and it is why I am rating 5 not 4.
As I alluded to our trip was not perfect but the Management's swift and considerate action more than made up for any of the shortcomings that I or my family may have felt.

Situation #1:
Originally my family and I were planning on checking in around 6-7 in the evening after going to the park for a bit but on the day our plans had to change a bit as they often do when you have kids. So we needed to actually check in early before we went to the park. So we called ahead and were told we could probably be accommodated. So when we arrived we were a little early, so we decided to try the in house restaurant and it seemed like they were transitioning from breakfast to lunch. There was no one to greet us or seat us and when we asked a busser/backwaiter to help us he seemed kinda gruff and was not very helpful. So we decided to leave and as we were heading out to eat somewhere else I brought this to the attention of the front desk manager on duty to which he called up the food and beverage director (Paul if memory serves) who took the situation in hand and helped persuade us to give it another go. So we did and had a good experience overall. He and his staff were very attentive and tried to reconcile the not so positive 1st impression.

Situation #2:
So after getting into our room which was clean, tidy and relatively well appointed at first glance, we put our babies' organic milk in the mini fridge with our ice packs and headed to the park. After several hours we came back to the hotel to experience the Disneyland fireworks show from our hotel room which was a $12 (online) upgrade (subject to availability). But upon returning to our room we discovered that there was something definitely wrong with the mini fridge. It seemed to be having a compressor failure and the back of the fridge was icing up but not keeping anything cool. Thankfully our milk and leftovers survived thanks to our ice packs. We immediately called the help line and within about 10-12 mins we had a guy from maintenance/engineering up there with a new fridge. We were able to enjoy the rest of the show after that and were grateful for their timely response to the problem.

Situation #3:
When we first arrived in our room the kids got their hands on the tv remotes and started watching tv while we got settled in. Later in the evening I was looking at our room's charges via the onscreen folio and discovered that the kids had unintentionally ordered a bunch of movies or tv shows because most everything was VOD or "for a fee" programming and we did not realize that we had to setup the parental controls on the tv. Upon the realization, I contacted the helpline and they understood the situation and took care of it and when I still saw the charges on the folio the next day they assured me that it was in fact removed and sent up a printed folio to sate my skepticism. Overall very helpful and polite.

The only thing that I felt was not a value as I started to allude to earlier was two-fold.
First:
The other Double Tree in town which is 2miles to the park offers what I believe is a private shuttle to the park and when paying $16 a night for parking I thought this Double Tree did as well. But not so. You actually have to buy tickets to the Metro's ART shuttle service that serves all the hotels in the immediate area. So I bought tickets for two days for my wife and 2 of my four sons who were old enough to have to pay. But we discovered that it was a total hassle and that not all the shuttles were the same type or size (some could accommodate our two strollers better than others so it was a crap shoot.) But I was given the impression there was a no refund policy for those shuttle tickets. So lost money there.
Second:
On the website under the attractions tab it gives a breakdown of the different locales in the area and their distance to the hotel which said this hotel was 1/2 mile from the park but that is not correct. It is 1.1 miles to park on foot and farther by vehicle. My wife and I like walking but pushing strollers with four kids on them after a full and long day at the park for 1.1 miles can be a pain especially when you booked based on the idea that it was supposed to be half that distance. I managed ok as I usually jog about 2 miles a day but my wife who suffers from fibromyalgia had a bit of a hard time.

So my suggestion to CORPORATE is get a private shuttle or don't charge so much for parking (especially when the Best Western ACROSS the street from the park only charges $8) and correct the information on the website and last but not least you guys should check and maintain your amenities with more frequency rather than waiting for guest to call in saying the stuff is broken.

In summation I would definitley stay again and recommend this hotel to friends and family as our stay was a very nice experience overall. I just wish it was closer to the park or they had their own shuttle service.

Some other pluses were.
- The check out time was 12 pm
- The room itself felt like a mini-suite as there was a clear separation between the living area and the sleeping area so my wife and I could unwind a little bit after the kids went to sleep. (Some competitors seem to say they have suites but don't have the separations in space)
- We wanted to do another half day at the park after check out and they allowed us to hold our luggage in their locker room until we actually were ready to leave as well as extending our parking without further charge.
-The pool was nice and convenient
-The gym was clean and (although small) large enough to get the job done and was open 24 hours
-The Chocolate Chip - Walnut cookies were delish / yummy
-Management
-One of the waitresses a Filipina named Erlinda made us feel welcomed and right at home
-the 3 Bellman we encountered were very helpful and considerate with smiles on their faces

Room Tip: when booking online you can save $8 on the fireworks side upgrade and it is worth it if you want to...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

If you are looking for a spacious,clean and kitchenette hotel for your Disney trip for a family this will be a good choice.After spending a full day at the PARKS its nice to retire into a clean and comfy room.The kitchenette was basic and good to serve my family with their breakfast.

Room Tip: If u not goona be in the park for the fireworks ask for a room which has a view of it.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Alpine, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stayed here for business and the room was great! I love that the bedroom was separated from the living room area and would be very nice for a family. I plan on staying here when I come back with family to Disney. The staff was great the room was very clean and the price was decent for hotels of this caliber in the area. Probably one of the nicer hotels in the area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Santa Clarita, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

My husband and I were staying for two nights for a big concert in Anaheim. Our first night in the hotel, the air conditioning broke at 3am and flooded the floor next to the AC unit and proceeded to make loud clunking sounds the rest of the night as the unit tried to come back on. When we spoke with the hotel rep at the desk, she just told my husband they would send maintenance up to look at it (I guess to check to make sure the floor was actually soaking wet before believeing us). No apology, no consideration for the lack of sleeep. We checked in again before we left for the day, and she handed us two free breakfast buffet tickets for our "trouble." We asked her to call us while we were out if they needed to change our room while fixing the broken AC unit. No calls. We return to the hotel and our room is about 110 degrees due to a huge heater placed next to the soaked carpet. The chocolates we had purchased at Disneyland the night prior were totally melted. We go back downstairs and tell them this is totally unacceptable. They tell us we can change rooms, and for our trouble the manager says he will comp our on-site parking charges for two days. Of course, do you think he actually removed them? No - again we had to go see the front desk clerk and have him remove the charges at check-out. What horrible customer service! With so many hotels in the Disneyland area, I would expect better customer service from Hilton.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
hotel82, General Manager at Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear Bowers Family,
From what you have said I couldn't agree with you more and we have had a lively discussion this morning about how things should have been handled differently. We will be reaching out to determine if you were given the parking credits as well as reimbursement for the chocolates, and an invitation to return at our expense.
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to serving you again.
Respectfully,
Jeff Morse.
Suva, Fiji
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

No matter what people have said my family of five had the best stay experience in double tree. We highly recommend this hotel.

Bahrain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

The hotel location was great. Near so many good restaurants. House keeping was great, room was so clean when we come back with so many personal touches, towels folded in the shape of animals. Maintenance was great , they changed our TV to a new one at 12 AM. front desk staff were not friendly and very cold. cookies were available but had to ask for them and not like our previous hotel where on the front desk with coffee and tea. The coffee make in the room was terrible. They really should change them. 2 spacious room for a good price and good location. $16 for the parking hurts especially for a long stay. pool was very small and not appealing to put a foot in it, but it was cold for this time of the year so we did not need it. having said that I would stay there again and recommends the place very much

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
hotel82, General Manager at Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Blanco70,
I am glad that for the most part you enjoyed your stay and that you would recommend our hotel to others.I was able to identify the employee that checked you in and have shared your comments with her as well as other members of the staff. It helps to reinforce the importance of being warm and friendly. Thankfully we get it right most of the time, but when we don't we learn from the experience.
I know what you mean about having a platter of cookies always available at the front desk along with coffee. While it's a nice touch, it would be impossible to keep them in stock given the number of children [and cookie addicted adults] that we have as guests. We will however, gladly give out additional cookies whenever a guest has the urge.
Not sure what was wrong with your coffee maker, but I will check.
Thanks again for sharing your observations and for the kind words about housekeeping and our restaurant staff.
Hope to see you again soon.
Respectfully,
Jeff Morse
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

This hotel is within walking distance of Disney as well as several restaurants and bars.

Our suite was clean and a good size and included two queen beds and a separate living area as well as fridge and microwave.

Wi-fi was included but parking was $16 per night.

The pool area is fairly small but if you hit it at the right time is ok for a cooling off period either before or after hitting the theme parks.

The breakfast is standard buffet fare, but if not included in your rate then there is a Denny's directly across the street that offers a better deal.

The hotel bar is ok-but nothing special.

Would definitely stay here again if the price was acceptable.

Room Tip: Higher rooms will get a view of the Disney fireworks.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center

Address: 2085 S Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92802
Location: United States > California > Orange County > Anaheim
#3 Business Hotel in Anaheim
#4 Family Hotel in Anaheim
#4 Romantic Hotel in Anaheim
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center 3.5*
The newly renovated DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center is ideally located one block from the Anaheim Convention Center and just one mile from Disneyland(R) Park and Disney's California Adventure(R) Park. Now offering free wifi and 100% Non-Smoking facilities. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotwire, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree Suites By Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Anaheim
Doubletree Hotel Anaheim
Doubletree Resort Anaheim

If you own or manage Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.