“If you own Top Gun, you have to do do this” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 25 Activities in Anaheim
Type: Game/ Entertainment Centers, Amusement
More attraction details
Owner description: Consistently voted one of the top things to do in Orange County, Flightdeck is a flight simulation attraction providing civilians the opportunity to pilot fighter jets in actual cockpit simulators and a Boeing 737 flight simulator. Experience the challenge of aerial maneuvers at 500 knots, aircraft take-offs and landings and the excitement of air-to-air combat. Up to ten people can fly at the same time, each in their own authentic F-16 flight simulator! In the "Officer's Club", guests can view and listen to all of the action on large LCD monitors. Flightdeck also offers "Group Events at the Speed of Sound!", with event space for groups of 8 to 80, this is a unique venue where the spirit of Top Gun inspires the adventurer within with a variety of aviation themed experiences for corporate groups, team building (serious or fun), incentive trips, parties, customers events, sales events, seminars, product launches, off-site meetings etc.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Long Beach, CA
“If you own Top Gun, you have to do do this”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2009

This place gives you the a+++ treatment.

You first arrive and check in. They suit you up in a genuine flight suit. (Bring a camera so that you can take some pictures of you and your friends in various authentic ejection seats) Then they take you through classroom training on when to use guns, missiles, how to land on land/air craft carrier, how to dog fight, how to use your radar, etc. Very very thorough job of training you by a military trained trainer. Then, you step into the "hangar deck". It's basically a giant warehouse with the planes laid out facing the giant screens. They motor slowly raises the canopy and you squeeze your body into the cockpit. When comfortably seated, the canopy motors down. The action begins with taking off. once everyone reaches a set point or altitude, it's a free for all.

The F16 graphics are outstanding. The simulation is very smooth. For first timers, it's very easy to shoot down others. When you feel you've reached a level that surpasses the beginners, the crew can increase the realism of the air plane, limit fuel, missiles etc.

The crew also helps out everyone via radio link. so if you start falling behind on kills, the crew via radio helps you out if someone's getting a bead on you.

Anaheim
“My favorite thing to do in Anaheim”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2009

I have been to flightdeck a few times and have definetly enjoyed it. My parents purchased a package of flights for me last christmas and since then I have become addicted to this place. The cost is a little on the high side but is well worth it if you want to get away from all of your troubles and escape reality for an hour or so then by all means go. If you are a military enthusiast like I am then you will enjoy this place. The owners and staff are very friendly. If you are in a group and are one of the people who are along for the ride they have a room where you get to wach all of the action on the tv's set up for you.
If you are one of the lucky ones and are flying then pay attention in the briefing room because they pack alot of information into the session. You should wear the flight suit that the instructors give you to wear because it just helps to add to the realism of what you are about to encounter.
I would suggest going with the 60 minute flight because the 40 minute flight does not do this place justice it is too short and you do not get to experience all of the landings that you can do. In the 60 minute flight you get to land at the airbase during the day and again at night. Then you get to attempt to land on an aircraft carrier it is a whole lot of fun. At the end of the 40 minute flight the only landings you get to attempt is the daytime landing at the airbase.

anaheim
“Fantastic Team-Building Event”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2009

I organized a team-building event for my office at Flightdeck. It was absolutely fantastic! Our staff had a blast and are still talking about it. There's something spectacular about dogflighting with your boss. The team at Flightdeck was wonderful to work with. They made the planning easy and the event a success. I highly recommend this.

Los Angeles
“Want to feel like a bird? a plane? Superman?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2009

This was an amazing and memorable experience. I always wanted to be a pilot but was too scared of having the lives of others in my hands- -LOL!!! At the Flightdeck Air Combat Center in Anaheim, I became a jet fighter in no time, it felt so natural, exhiliarating and is a great way to treat yourself to some adventure. If you always wondered what it would be like to be a hero or soar like an eagle, this is the place for you! there is nothing else quite like it!!!--MICHELLE GOMEZ (Los Angeles)

BallaBabee
“A new favorite memory!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2009

My boyfriend and I were searching for something fun to do in the area, and when I came across the Flight Deck page, he was sold and we *had* to do it! I was a little nervous about it, because I thought it would be super-corny, but I couldn't have been more wrong. We had so much fun! The staff there was friendly, fun and helpful. He and I were very competitive with each other. I loved being able to "shoot him down"...even though he beat me in the end. The location is great, I had no idea it was so close to Angels Stadium and all the fun of Anaheim. We're already planning a trip back with some friends and I would love to bring my dad to dogfight with him! Thanks so much for an awesome experience.