“Male Bonding Time” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 25 Attractions in Anaheim
Type: Game/ Entertainment Centers
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Consistently voted one of the top things to do in Orange County, Flightdeck is a flight simulation attraction providing civilians the opportunity to pilot fighter jets in actual cockpit simulators and a Boeing 737 flight simulator. Experience the challenge of aerial maneuvers at 500 knots, aircraft take-offs and landings and the excitement of air-to-air combat. Up to ten people can fly at the same time, each in their own authentic F-16 flight simulator! There is also the "Officer's Club", an observation area where guests can view and listen to all of the action on large LCD monitors, where they will see what each pilot is seeing during their flight and also hear the interaction between the pilots and the ATC crew (air traffic control).Flightdeck offers 45 minute air combat flights and 30, 60 & 90 minute Boeing 737 flights. Advanced reservations are required.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
“Male Bonding Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Bought four tickets for my husband and grown sons (youngest 16). Thought they could use some time together. Little did I know that it would become such a macho event. They had a great time but the reasons I heard for their scores was hilarious. Everything from being picked on to sabotage and cheating. They are already discussing going back and "getting even with each other". My husband is practicing as we speak. Great place. Thank you for a wonderful dad and son experience.

Visited November 2012

Richmond, Kentucky
3 attraction reviews
“For computer gamers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

My husband and I are 50+ and went with our 26 year-old son while visiting him. We were all disappointed. The "instruction" was minimal and you had to be a gaming expert to know what was going on. Suiting up and getting in an actual cockpit was interesting but beyond that it was strictly video gaming. Save the money and buy a game that you can play multiple times at home.

Visited October 2012
Los Angeles, CA
“Combat flying without hassles”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I took my son and his friends to this attraction, but I was worried that it wouldn't be entertaining for teenage boys. I was needlessly worried. They had a great time and even as an observer, I did too. The place is staffed with friendly, professional people and there is a nice viewing area to watch their screens. A recommendation I would make is to be sure that group members are all on the same side - there are two rows. Our group was inadvertently separated so they couldn't talk to each other, which was a bummer. Be sure to stick around if you're not "flying:"; it's a lot of fun just watching and listening to their radio chatter. They also run the action pretty precisely, so you need to take it upon yourself to get into the simulator areas in order to take pictures of them in the cockpit or next to the plane before/after the flight. If you get motion sickness, no worries; it doesn't actually move. All in all, it was a unique and enjoyable experience.

Visited November 2012
Surrey
“Epic Air Combat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Went as a treat on Holiday and had a superb time. I could definitely have spent several more hours / days there if I was on my own. The most fun you can have with a flight suit on. One tip though, ask questions in the briefing, The instructor was good but went over the flight controls quite quickly.

Cant wait to go back one day.

Visited October 2012
Smithtown, New York
4 attraction reviews
“My Son was in heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband took my 12 yr old to fly the commercial jets. He had a blast!! The instructor was extremely impressed that my son never crashed the 737 and gave him a little extra instruction and flight time. One of the highlights

Visited August 2012