“The best deal in Anaheim” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2375 W Lincoln Ave, Anaheim, CA 92801   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #24 of 114 Hotels in Anaheim
chino hills, ca.
“The best deal in Anaheim”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

For anyone considering a trip to Anaheim, the choice is simple. If you can book this hotel...DO IT ! Great location. Friendly/helpful staff. Clean LARGE room with full kitchen/full sized refrigerator and balcony/patio. Clean/quite and safe pool. Great breakfast. The staff was very helpful with sugestions/directions and even kept our dinner leftovers in their refrigerator after we checked out and visited Disneyland the next day. Plenty of safe/free parking and an excellant restaurant. They even have an internet connected computer in the lobby for guests free use.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

The Hotel Pepper Tree a lovely place to stay in Anaheim. The staff is friendly and personable, the rooms clean and uniquely furnished, and the atmosphere cozy and fun. One of those rare gems that is perfect for a brief weekend getaway for a couple for a week with the family. We will stay at the Pepper Tree on our next visit....without question.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

The decor in this hotel is refreshingly different and rooms are spacious and attractive. The kitchen was ideal for us and there was a samll but nice eating area with comfortable chairs as well as a balcony. The swimming pool is also attractive. It is an ideal hotel to stay for a few days and use as a base and we stayed an extra night here so we could relax by the pool inbetween trips out. Only 10 minutes to Disneyland. The people at the desk were also very helpful and there is a launderette within walking distance of the hotel! It was our favourite hotel of our two week stay in the States.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
WA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

Very poor experience. Had been impressed by the reviews I had seen online, and booked this hotel over ones closer to Disneyland. I wouldn't do it again. The first room we entered reeked of smoke, and was pretty dingy. It did not at all look like the pictures on their website. I have never refused to stay in a hotel room in my life, so we were trying to make the best of it and settle in. However, when we pulled back the bedspread, the blanket was filthy! Multiple white crusty stains. I don't even want to even think about what that was. I couldn't stay in that bed, so we went back to the front desk. They said they were surprised, that that was one of their "new rooms." The manager said he would go look. He was gone for about 20 minutes, and then came back and said he had another of their "new rooms" available. This one appeared to have fresh bedding, and smelled better, so we stayed. We probably shouldn't have, but we had just gotten in after a very long drive, and all we wanted to do was go to Disneyland. We actually had bedding with us for a different part of our trip, so we just stripped the bed and used our own. When we were packing to leave, I looked under the bed to get something that had fallen, and discovered a bunch of fake rose petals. This means that someone had a "romantic" evening in the room sometime before we got there, and the cleaning it received since hadn't even included looking under the bed, let alone cleaning there. I was pretty grossed out to think what else probably wasn't cleaned. If I had seen this when we arrived, I wouldn't have stayed. Also, the breakfast was a joke, served at the Azteca in the parking lot. I am used to staying in places offering continental breakfast, so I was not expecting anything fancy, but it was literally juice, coffee, fruit loops, yogurt and toast. But once you're there, the waitress comes around and tries to sell you a "real" breakfast from their menu. They also will not let you leave with any food, even an unfinished piece of toast. We only went there the first day. Do yourself a favor and pay a little more to stay in a decent place.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Anaheim
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2009

From the time I checked in to the time I left, i had a great stay. I loved how close it was to everything. The staff was the BEST. I was there for 2 months working from my room, and could not say one bad thing about the place. If i ever come back to Anaheim I will make it a point to stay there again.
Thanks Hotel Pepper Tree.....

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Northern California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

The best part and the saving grace of this hotel is the staff. Everyone was super friendly and helpful. From making the reservation to checking out, customer service was top notch. My main complaint of this hotel was that our room was dirty. Not bugs in the bed kind of dirty, but more like cobwebs around the night stand and a layer of dust and funk on top of the fridge kind of dirty. Also, my kids feet were absolutely filthy after walking around the room barefoot or with socks. We actually had to clean their feet to put on their sandals. When I see stuff like this at hotels, it makes me wonder what other corners are being cut. And for the most part I'm not a neat freak, but I certainly like hotel rooms that I stay in to be clean. When we were outside walking to our room, I saw a cockroach scurry across our path. But hey, it's Southern CA and they are everywhere. Not sure what can be done about that other than mass amounts of pest control.

Another issue we encountered was the fact that there was a good one inch or more height difference where the tile met the carpet. I slammed my toes a few times in the night and my elderly mother actually tripped and fell. We worked a good half hour trying to get her off the floor w/o further injuring her and almost had to call 911 for help. Yikes! My younger kid also tripped a few times on the rise in the tile.

Breakfast was nothing special, but it met our needs just fine. The concept of the hotel is great and for the price it was an awesome value. If the room was cleaner, I would have considered going back. For now, I'll be looking for a new place to stay when we got to Disneyland. Bummer.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Regina, SK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

We stayed here for a few nights while we visited LA/Anaheim. It was great! We had a kitchenette which we enjoyed and the pool was nice. The room was quiet and clean, the staff was super friendly and helpful. The location was decent. It was reasonably quick to get to the Honda Centre (Ducks playoff game!), Disneyland, Universal Studios and the beach. There was a grocery store across the street along with a laundry mat (but don't go there alone). Great value and great stay!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Pepper Tree? Share your experiences!