“Better than expected” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
San Bernardino, California
“Better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I wasn't sure what to expect when I booked the hotel room because I am very picky, but I wanted a decent price. So I booked here and hoped that it would be okay. When we drove up, the hotel was really nice looking and my kids were in awe. Check-in was easy and the lady at the front desk was very nice. When we got into the room, I loved it! We stayed in the Courtyard queen studio on the first floor and it had plenty of room for my family of five. It was clean which is super important to me with three children. It was an older looking hotel, but it gave it character and didn't bother me at all. I will stay here whenever I need to have a hotel in Anaheim again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The guy at the counter took $20 for roller bed and resort fees and never gave a receipt even After repeatedly asking him.
I think we were not supposed to be charged anyway. Other than that our stay was great.

• Stayed March 2013
Killeen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Hotel Pepper Tree was very complete. The hotel had a good size kitchen and living area. The hotels location was close to verything Disney. We really enjoyed our stay here would definatly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thousand Oaks, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

It was 11 pm. Hotels near Disneyland were full from a cheerleading convention. A quick web search led me to the Hotel Pepper Tree. I approached skeptically. It was a dark parking lot with no marked entrance that I could see, but once I found my way in, I entered a different world. A world with cute Spanish-style details and a kind staff.

My room was large, with a sitting area and a fully enclosed patio. Kitchenette, large bathroom. I couldn't open my bottle of wine, so the guys at the front desk helpfully tugged until the cork was loose. One more phone call to the front desk for the wifi password, and I was set.

The morning was a bit noisy because the kids in neighboring rooms were all wound up and ready to go to Disneyland. But the free breakfast soothed my soul, and soon I was on the road myself.

Loved it. Loved the price. Would recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Saskatoon, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Going on a fairly last minute family holiday to Disney, I had certain requirements for a hotel. I wanted a kitchen(ette), larger room, but the big 'must have' was a patio. Nothing is worse, inmy experience, than travelling with a child, staying in a hotel room and basically having to go to sleep at 8 because there is no where for the parents to escape to. This hotel provided this in spades. There was a lovely walled in deck - extremely private, for us to enjoy a couple of cocktails later in the evening. It definitely made the holiday more enjoyable for us. The location of the hotel is fine, the price reasonable, and desk staff excellent. However, the rooms are quite shabby and needing upkeep, the cleaning was not great, and basic repairs we asked for (patio table literally falling apart) were never performed even though we were there several days. The shower also did not drain properly. The beds are also exceptionally hard which some people like, but I do not. Because of these issues, the stay was just okay. I have no issue staying in more a budget hotel, but I expect it to be well maintained and clean and this just wasn't the case here.

Room Tip: ask for a first floor room with the enclosed patio
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Convenient location in Anaheim- close to Disneyland and the Convention Centre. We were impressed with the large, clean rooms, comfortable beds and kitchen facilities. Free parking and wifi were very much appreciated also. The hotel staff are super lovely and will go out of their way to help you. We loved our stay at Hotel Peppertree and will most definitely stay again next time we are in LA.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Bellbrook, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I was skeptical about staying in a private hotel that wasn't part of a huge national chain. I even told the manager when I checked in that, if I wasn't happy with the room, I was going to turn around and find another place to stay. She graciously said she wouldn't even charge my card until the next day to give me time to get comfortable. Well, I called her within minutes of entering my room and told her that I was more than happy! The room was comfortable and clean, which is really all I look for in a hotel room. The free Continental breakfast offered a great selection and actually filled me up through the morning. The staff was more than accommodating. Is it a Hilton or Marriott? No. But you don't pay the crazy chain prices, either.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor as I sometimes heard noise from above me.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple