“Beware Expedia unpublished rate for 3 star boutique hotel in Disneyland North” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Lemon Tree Hotel and Suites

You added Lemon Tree Hotel and Suites to your Saves list
Lemon Tree Hotel and Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1600 E Lincoln Ave, Anaheim, CA 92805   |
Ranked #85 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Beware Expedia unpublished rate for 3 star boutique hotel in Disneyland North”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Giving this hotel 3 stars based solely on the positive response from motel management in refunding my UPR from Expedia after I checked into room 150, which was unacceptable due to a really bad odor. My impression was that there were better rooms, with interior entry, closer to the check-in desk. Room 150 was a motel styled room with direct entry from the parking lot, thin walls and mini kitchen setup, which would have been nice if the drainage smell was dealt with. I had to check out after just a few hours on my one night stay. Might consider this motel-hotel in the future for one of the nicer rooms, given that the staff was very courteous.

Room Tip: Don't get room 150, it's got issues with smells and noise. It would be a good candidate for...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I'm giving this hotel a 5-star review because it exceeded my expectations dramatically. It's a cheap, 2-star hotel that I got a great deal on, so i was expecting little more than a bed in a broom closet. But it was in fact a fantastic hotel room that rivals Days Inns or Holiday Inns for sure. My room had a toaster oven and a microwave, as well as a fridge, which meant I didn't have to eat every meal out. It's also out of the Disney Zone, so its' much cheaper and Disneyland was still only a $5 Uber away! Awesome!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
LTHotelManager, Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Wow Martin F! What a wonderful review, we truly appreciate your business and your turst in us. I am very happy to hear that our staff and service exceed your needs and expecations. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The smell in the lobby and rooms was really bad. Needed some heavy duty cleaning and decorating advise. Old notices at the front desk and just an overall dirty feeling. We were disappointed as usual the photos look much better than the place actually is. Landscaping needs attention too. Not far from Disneyland but that was the only thing it had going for it, sorry couldn't report a wonderful stay.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
LTHotelManager, Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you 2songbird for your feedback. We definitely investigate into the things you mentioned. Once again, thank you for opportunity to improve.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Buyer beware. Hotwire, Expedia & Lemon Tree Suites.

I recently booked a hotel for the Anaheim, California area through Hotwire. They advertised a rate of $189.00 a night for $83.25 a night. I have used Hotwire before and have loved the service and value I had received. There for when I booked this six night stay my expectation was based on my previous experiences. Once the hotel was booked, I got a confirmation of which hotel was selected. To my utter shock I was notified that I was booked in at the Lemon Tree Suites. I then checked the Lemon Tree website to see the $189.00 room and found that there wasn't one! I was scammed! I called Hotwire and was notified that they go by the neighborhood average for the advertised rate. In other words, there are various hotels in the area with the original rate, this is why Hotwire is allowed to promote this rate. I was advised that no changes could be done to this booking.

Once we arrived at the hotel it was as expected. I tried to keep a positive outlook on this whole experience, however it was very rundown and dingy. I had no other options as I had already paid for my stay. We tried to overlook the old tiles, the small bathroom and the door that had no weather stripping on it. The door frame had molding and the light from outside was easily seen through it. The lock didn't quite work, and the chain was required to fully lock the door. This left both my daughter and I feeling very unsafe. The last straw was when we found bugs on our beds. They were small and brownish red in color. We could feel them on our skin and leg hairs. We then went to the lobby and advised the staff of the situation. They called a maintenance employee to our room, who then told us that the whole room would need to be emptied and cleaned. We then check out of the hotel. We spent the rest of the day searching for a new hotel that would be able accommodate the rest of our stay. Most hotels were full by the time we got there and driving around a city we didn't know was very stressful. Hotwire put me through hell on this vacation. I wonder why a hotel that is so run down is recommended by a large company such as Expedia & Hotwire? Do they have no standards for their customers? Do they not care about their customers safety? The lack of customer service is ridiculous! My expectation as a repeat customer is a refund.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Amyeri,
We're truly sorry to hear that your travel experience was not a pleasant one from the reservation process of bidding for a hotel on the website. We value every guest service request/complaint and do our best to improve. We take all necessary precautions when issues are brought to our attention. We called in the specialist to inspect the room and the report came back clean.
Thank you for the opportunity and your time.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2015

Myself, my wife and our 5 year old daughter stayed here for a couple of nights while we went to Disneyland. Lemon tree was nice and clean, the rooms were spacious with a nice couch in front of the t.v. had a nice little balcony, they have a nice Mexican restaurant right in the same parking lot of the hotel. The staff was courteous. The lobby consisted of the old Spanish style décor.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear David H. Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our hotel to other travelers. I’m sure our entire hotel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay. Take care!
Indianapolis, IN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2015

I'll preface this by saying it's a nice, quaint little boutique(ish) hotel. Clean rooms, comfortable bed, large TV with plenty of stations, and passable internet. All in all, not bad.

With that said, I'm presently staying here after booking the hotel via the Hotwire app. For those unfamiliar with the app, you book 'blind' when it comes to the hotel's name, only knowing amenities, general area, star level, and guest approval rating. With Hotwire, if there are resort fees, it specifies them, and indicates that you will pay those at the hotel, but you pay the rest of the total in advance, directly to Hotwire. I've booked dozens of hotels via Hotwire before, some with resort fees and some without, and never had an issue with this until now...

Hotwire gave the list of amenities at Lemon Tree, including a fitness center (among other things, but that's what is pertinent to this review) and did not specify that there would be any resort fees. When I arrived, I was charged resort fees, and told there was no fitness center when I asked. I showed the attendant my booking confirmation, showing no mention of resort fees, and he indicated I'd need to speak with a manager if I wanted to have the resort fee waived.

When I spoke with the manager, he simply said Hotwire should have specified the resort fees in the confirmation. I showed him my booking confirmation, which did not mention resort fees in any way, and he reiterated that it was an error on Hotwire's part. He said the same thing when I mentioned the fitness center. No attempt at resolution was made--the hotel passed the buck to Hotwire. Again, I've never had an issue with Hotwire before, so I'm skeptical that it's an error on their part. Regardless, I found it disappointing that the hotel wouldn't attempt to assist by contacting Hotwire or doing something--anything.

I contacted Hotwire myself, and they informed me that the hotel did not specify a resort fee. I am now the one holding the bag, with this review being my only recourse as I am forced to pay a fee I was not notified of when I committed to book the hotel.

The staff here is otherwise nice, but beware of this resort fee if you're booking via a third party site that doesn't mention it. The staff here will do nothing to assist you.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
LTHotelManager, Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, April 15, 2015
Dear Bricker85,
Thank you for your review and glad that you enjoy our accommodation. We will express your concerns about the Resort fee due at check in to Hotwire to ensure the information gets delivered to guest pre and post booking to prevent any future guests from encountering the same issue that you’ve been through.
Thank you for your understanding and thank you for your time.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2015

We had a night over at this place, the rooms are spacious and clean, the beds comfortable, the parking area large enough to accommodate your vehicles.

Staff was quite helpful to all requests.

Swimming pool was closed when we visited.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Thank you CIO-Inverted for the sweet short review. Sorry, our pool was closed for renovation during your visit, but it will be open when you come back to visit.

Been to Lemon Tree Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!