“Expected much more...sure there are better choices in Anaheim for the same price” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Lemon Tree Hotel and Suites

You added Lemon Tree Hotel and Suites to your Saves list
Lemon Tree Hotel and Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1600 E Lincoln Ave, Anaheim, CA 92805   |
Ranked #84 of 114 Hotels in Anaheim
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The smell in the lobby and rooms was really bad. Needed some heavy duty cleaning and decorating advise. Old notices at the front desk and just an overall dirty feeling. We were disappointed as usual the photos look much better than the place actually is. Landscaping needs attention too. Not far from Disneyland but that was the only thing it had going for it, sorry couldn't report a wonderful stay.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Buyer beware. Hotwire, Expedia & Lemon Tree Suites.

I recently booked a hotel for the Anaheim, California area through Hotwire. They advertised a rate of $189.00 a night for $83.25 a night. I have used Hotwire before and have loved the service and value I had received. There for when I booked this six night stay my expectation was based on my previous experiences. Once the hotel was booked, I got a confirmation of which hotel was selected. To my utter shock I was notified that I was booked in at the Lemon Tree Suites. I then checked the Lemon Tree website to see the $189.00 room and found that there wasn't one! I was scammed! I called Hotwire and was notified that they go by the neighborhood average for the advertised rate. In other words, there are various hotels in the area with the original rate, this is why Hotwire is allowed to promote this rate. I was advised that no changes could be done to this booking.

Once we arrived at the hotel it was as expected. I tried to keep a positive outlook on this whole experience, however it was very rundown and dingy. I had no other options as I had already paid for my stay. We tried to overlook the old tiles, the small bathroom and the door that had no weather stripping on it. The door frame had molding and the light from outside was easily seen through it. The lock didn't quite work, and the chain was required to fully lock the door. This left both my daughter and I feeling very unsafe. The last straw was when we found bugs on our beds. They were small and brownish red in color. We could feel them on our skin and leg hairs. We then went to the lobby and advised the staff of the situation. They called a maintenance employee to our room, who then told us that the whole room would need to be emptied and cleaned. We then check out of the hotel. We spent the rest of the day searching for a new hotel that would be able accommodate the rest of our stay. Most hotels were full by the time we got there and driving around a city we didn't know was very stressful. Hotwire put me through hell on this vacation. I wonder why a hotel that is so run down is recommended by a large company such as Expedia & Hotwire? Do they have no standards for their customers? Do they not care about their customers safety? The lack of customer service is ridiculous! My expectation as a repeat customer is a refund.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Myself, my wife and our 5 year old daughter stayed here for a couple of nights while we went to Disneyland. Lemon tree was nice and clean, the rooms were spacious with a nice couch in front of the t.v. had a nice little balcony, they have a nice Mexican restaurant right in the same parking lot of the hotel. The staff was courteous. The lobby consisted of the old Spanish style décor.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Indianapolis, IN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I'll preface this by saying it's a nice, quaint little boutique(ish) hotel. Clean rooms, comfortable bed, large TV with plenty of stations, and passable internet. All in all, not bad.

With that said, I'm presently staying here after booking the hotel via the Hotwire app. For those unfamiliar with the app, you book 'blind' when it comes to the hotel's name, only knowing amenities, general area, star level, and guest approval rating. With Hotwire, if there are resort fees, it specifies them, and indicates that you will pay those at the hotel, but you pay the rest of the total in advance, directly to Hotwire. I've booked dozens of hotels via Hotwire before, some with resort fees and some without, and never had an issue with this until now...

Hotwire gave the list of amenities at Lemon Tree, including a fitness center (among other things, but that's what is pertinent to this review) and did not specify that there would be any resort fees. When I arrived, I was charged resort fees, and told there was no fitness center when I asked. I showed the attendant my booking confirmation, showing no mention of resort fees, and he indicated I'd need to speak with a manager if I wanted to have the resort fee waived.

When I spoke with the manager, he simply said Hotwire should have specified the resort fees in the confirmation. I showed him my booking confirmation, which did not mention resort fees in any way, and he reiterated that it was an error on Hotwire's part. He said the same thing when I mentioned the fitness center. No attempt at resolution was made--the hotel passed the buck to Hotwire. Again, I've never had an issue with Hotwire before, so I'm skeptical that it's an error on their part. Regardless, I found it disappointing that the hotel wouldn't attempt to assist by contacting Hotwire or doing something--anything.

I contacted Hotwire myself, and they informed me that the hotel did not specify a resort fee. I am now the one holding the bag, with this review being my only recourse as I am forced to pay a fee I was not notified of when I committed to book the hotel.

The staff here is otherwise nice, but beware of this resort fee if you're booking via a third party site that doesn't mention it. The staff here will do nothing to assist you.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
LTHotelManager, Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Bricker85,
Thank you for your review and glad that you enjoy our accommodation. We will express your concerns about the Resort fee due at check in to Hotwire to ensure the information gets delivered to guest pre and post booking to prevent any future guests from encountering the same issue that you’ve been through.
Thank you for your understanding and thank you for your time.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a night over at this place, the rooms are spacious and clean, the beds comfortable, the parking area large enough to accommodate your vehicles.

Staff was quite helpful to all requests.

Swimming pool was closed when we visited.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Thank you CIO-Inverted for the sweet short review. Sorry, our pool was closed for renovation during your visit, but it will be open when you come back to visit.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Not the Ritz, but can't beat the price for this quality in the area. Fronts a noisy main local road but they switched me to a room facing the courtyard that was quieter. Interesting older California look and feel.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
5 stars! Thank you Vdicarlo for the review and we are glad you enjoyed your stay.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2015

The Family Suite sleeps six, could have been better! Long trip & wanted Fresh coffee in the room for the early AM departure to Knotts. Tried to get a good Coffee Maker 4 times! Not sure who is keeping up with Staff. A box of sponges was brought to me the 3rd time. Lol. Should have sold them to recoup my sleep loss. Smoke Alarm kept chirping at 4am. Breakfast downstairs was minimal. Room ok. Teens enjoyed. Nana was tired...

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Thank you Catherine for the stay experienced. We are terribly sorry for the inconveniences during your stay, but are glad that you let us know. We will make sure to have this taken care of.

Been to Lemon Tree Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!