“At least I can say we tried it...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ariel's Grotto

Ariel's Grotto
1313 S Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Disneyland)
(714) 781-4565
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #145 of 752 Restaurants in Anaheim
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Disneyland
Bay Area, CA
“At least I can say we tried it...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Obviously all the food in a sit down is pricey. The trip tip was about average. Being seated on the water was ok. Wouldn't do it again because I felt like I was cheating on the corn dogs.

Yellowknife
“Basic- Very basic.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

While I was in Disney, me and my family took part in 3 Character Meals
1- Goofy & Friends
2- Minnie & Friends
3- Ariel & Princesses

Goofy & Minnie food and atmosphere was GREAT!
Ariel & Princesses- the food was so basic and just overall unappealing. However, I did not necessarily pay for the food and only the food. I paid so my daughter could meet Ariel...and she did.
The princesses also visit each and every table, say hi, get a photo etc.

This part was fine, and well received. But if you go there...go there for the experience. Do not go simply for food as it is not good.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Murphys, California, United States
“Princess Breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

We went to the princess breakfast last week. Although I know the food is not the focus, and the Princess experience was exceptional for my family, the food was mediocre at a premium price. Dry scrambled eggs, barely cooked hashbrowns, decent sausage, small portions. The nicest part was the fresh fruit which was beautifully displayed a delicious.

Visited January 2014
Huntington Beach
“Terrible Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

I'm an annual pass holder & went to Ariel's Grotto 5-6 times before & loved their food & atmosphere. This time, however, they changed menu entirely & it's now terrible. It's not a cheap place, but I don't mind paying for great food. Now it's so bad, that my mom who was visiting from Russia said it's the worst food she ever had. I wouldn't spend $20 on the food they give you now. It's like cafeteria food at it's worst. Don't waste your money. Go to Wine Country Trattoria instead - they have great food & service.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Roseburg, Oregon
“Worst Restaurant Experience to Date”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

This restaurant was, by far, the worst place I have ever eaten. Disney does a really good job of making this place look like something special and it absolutely is not. My husband and I took our four year old son, and we were all disappointed. We booked dinner for the World of Color, and I still assumed it was character dining. It was not. I had the lobster and tri-tip (I figured that I was paying $42, so I might as well go for lobster). Big mistake. I told my husband during the meal that when steak is better than lobster, there is something wrong. Even my steak was tough and stringy. The mashed potatoes tasted like the kind you reconstitute with water, and the seasonal vegetables were greasy. My son ordered the Octo Mac and Cheese, and it was Kraft M&C, a hot dog (cut to look like an octopus), and goldfish crackers. Sick. I'm not one to normally give bad reviews, but this place deserves it. It is way too expensive for what you get (which is next to nothing). I think the Disney corporation should be ashamed.