“Great Food and Fun Atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ariel's Grotto

Ariel's Grotto
1313 S Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Disneyland)
(714) 781-4565
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Disneyland
Aliso Viejo, California
“Great Food and Fun Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have been to Goofy's Kitchen a couple of times in the last 10 years. It is a great experience for the kids but the food was always just OK from an adult perspective. Our experience at Ariel's Grotto was fun for the kids like Goofy's Kitchen but the food for the adults was really impressive. We had a great tri-tip and a really nice pasta with sausage. The appetizer tower, fresh bread, and dessert platter to share were all decadent. We had a really pleasing experience for the whole family. The only reason I would recommend Goofy's Kitchen over Ariel's would be if you have more boys than girls in your family, then Goofy's Kitchen may be a better choice because of the boy characters that they get to take photos with. My 7 year old son wasn't as impressed with the princesses of Ariel's Grotto as he has been with Mickey and friends at Goofy's Kitchen.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Each time I go I ask why I keep coming Back!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Okay, so in all fairness the reason why I go back is it is fast way to see 4 or 5 princesses without having to stand in line for hours. The food wasn't that great either of the times we've gone and the last time we ate there it was me and my husband eating and we were given a desert tower for the two of us. This time we dined with 5 and were given 1 desert tower with the same amount of food on it. GO FIGURE! Just way over priced for what you get but at the end of a 5 day trip and we haven't gotten a chance to see the princesses...it's the only way to go!

Dawson Creek, Canada
“My 5 year old daughter and I loved the princess lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

My 5 year old daughter and I took a special girl's trip to Disneyland, and I wanted to plan as many fun memorable things for her as I could, when I saw the lunch with the princesses I knew we had to do it! I booked a couple weeks before we left and we got the first sitting and were right inside the beautiful restaurant, if you come later you are seated outside, which is nice too, but the inside was really beautiful. First you get to meet Ariel and get a picture with her (they try to sell it to you later for like $35, a simple no thank you and they wont bug you to buy it.) When you are seated they bring out your tour of appetizers, fruit, cheeses, meats, olives, jello with fruit, bun and 3 kinds of butter, and salad. The meal is expensive but you get a lot of food and it is good quality. I would recommend mom and daughters doing this though, and dad and boys doing something else. Then a man comes out all dressed up and announces the princesses, he announces a new one every 5 minutes or so, They walk from table to table and talk to your little girl and you can get a picture and autograph. They were nice, but could have been more enthusiastic, however my daughter LOVED every minute of it :) The meal was great (I had the fish and it was delicious) and the dessert platter is really good too, the huge white chocolate seashell was so good! My daughter had a really great time and I loved watching her enjoy it so much :) for us 2, it was around $75, not super terrible for lunch but if I had to take a big family I wouldn't do it, it would just be too much.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“Princess Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Delish! The food options were great and the quality of food was excellent. The Disney Princesses come round at intervals and have a chat with your young prince and princesses at your table. An absolute must for any fans of Disney characters

Menlo Park, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stellar time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We loved our dinner at Ariel's Grotto. The best part, as we learned when the bill arrived: kids under 3 eat for free!!!

We did not know this at the time we booked, but our total cost for a 3-course meal for 3 people was $100 and involved my princess-crazed 2 year old meeting her 4 favorite princesses. And we adults thought the food was fantastic. I loved the tri-tip, and the fish of the day was great, also. We all three enjoyed the appetizer "tower" (antipasti, salad, veggies and fruits) and the fresh-baked bread in a fun crown shape. My delighted chlid not only ate her spaghetti, but enjoyed my tri-tip. Oh, and the desert tray/selection was amazing as well!

We'd studied reviews and were prepared for mediocrity. But the food was outstanding, the ambience couldn't be beat, and the staff was fast and wonderful. Most importantly, the entire restaurant is filled with the magical experience of meeting princesses without rivalry or waiting - I was able to sit back and videotape my delighted little girl hugging and chatting up each one. Truly a must-do in my book.

• Visited December 2012