“Great but they rushed us out.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ariel's Grotto

Ariel's Grotto
1313 S Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Disneyland)
(714) 781-4565
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #146 of 752 Restaurants in Anaheim
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Disneyland
Pearl City, HI
“Great but they rushed us out.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

It was great to meet the princesses, the food was great quality, but I did not like how we only had exactly 1-1/2 hours (11:30 till 1 pm) to eat. With all the princesses and activities. little kids need a little more time to eat. at $39.99 a head for adults and $19.99 for kids, Disney needs to do better on this.

Kent, Washington
“Decent food but expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Took our grandaughter there for her birthday. The food selection was ok as was the taste but not what I expected (the deserts were to die for!). Maybe my expectations were too high.

I understand it would be a bit more expensive since there were princesses who came around. But I thought $250 for 4 adults and 2 kids was a bit much plus another $35 for a picture.

“To much $$$”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We did breakfast here. No menu just get served scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage and bacon. They bring out a small plate of cheese, pastreys and fruit. 2 adults and a 3 yo was over $100. And it's all served family style. Only good part was my lg got to see some princesses.

“Antipasti Tower!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed a fantastic lunch here! The antipasti tower was delicious! Ordered the tri tip & it was cooked to perfection! We were also able to visit with FIVE Disney princess's! What a treat!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“I would give this restaurant a zero if I could”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

My mother, husband, four children, and me had reservations for September 16th, our daughters birthday.
We had done several character meals before and were expecting the same experience at Ariel's Grotto.
I checked it at my reservation time and was given a beeper by terrible hostess #1 and told I'd be called. I tried to get one of the hostesses attention in between their bickering at each other to ask why I was waiting for my reservation when I was on time. I was told by terrible hostess #2 that my reservation wasn't for half hour (wrong) and there was nothing she could do about it. We should have left then. I over heard terrible hostess #2 ask #1 if she was telling people were to hand in the pagers. She said she was but since I was standing right there I could hear she wasn't and called the customers "stupid".
We were called down, like cattle, the meet Ariel. You get one photo and being it was our daughters birthday we had her in it only. It wasn't busy behind us but we had 30 second tops to "meet" the mute Ariel.
Our server was a disaster in every regard. She looked as though she had been up all night and come into work most reluctantly to be a nasty jerk to sucker patrons who unknowingly were going to have to pay a gratuity of 18% for the worst service ever! She was atrocious.
She asked for our meal choices as we were sitting in our seats and hasn't seen the menu yet. The entire thing was rushed but that was ridiculous. Her demeanour could not have been any more uninterested in anything at all except gazing out the window and replying "uh huh" and "mmmhmm" to everything said to her.
I wanted to confirm the suprise cake that was to come our with the dessert for my daughter but awful server could have not been less discreet about it.
If it hadn't of been my daughters birthday we would have left the second the server sat us.
The appy trays came out which was the only mediocre part of the meal.
The entrees were sub par, dripping with sodium, instant, and boil in a bag type food. Not at all what you would expect from a place that charges $40/p.
Part of the cost of the experience was the missile fast princesses who must have been timed to get in and out ASAP. Another 30 seconds per table with annoyed looking characters (never had this before with character dining) for a grand total of 2.5 minutes of princess time. What a "celebration". Not one of them says Happy Birthday to my daughter was was very clearly wearing birthday apparel.
Awful server brought out the dessert platter of disgusting fatty sugary tasteless sweets (berries were all that was eaten) and of course forgot my daughters cake. I asked her about someone else's cake with a candle and asked for that please. She "uum mm'd" at me and brought out some mousse gelatine garbage with a candle in it. Better then nothing at that point, I guess.
She barked at us to sing Happy Birthday and disappeared again without again bringing my children their drinks we had ordered when we were seated.
I was given the bill by the bus boy who was very pleasant and had to ask for our server to explain where my daughters treasure box was that was meant to come with her dessert. A different server came out and asked if he could help. Then behind him was awful server who put on the best character performance of the Evil Queen and barked that my daughters dessert didn't come with that it was the mousse mess. I said I confirmed 2 times that she was getting the cake with the treasure box but you brought out the mousse instead. Evil Queen said that's what I pointed to (no, it was cake) and stomped off to get a treasure box that she attempted to offer me but I walked away to find a manager.
Hostess #3 was nice but the manager, certainly accustomed to the behaviour of her staff, seemed very disinterested in the ongoings downstairs and made fake sympathy faces at me and said she would "talk to her about it". Ya right.
Spend your money elsewhere. You can have a better dining and entertainment experience somewhere else.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere