“Awesome” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Goofy's Kitchen

Goofy's Kitchen
1150 Magic Way, Anaheim, CA (Disneyland)
714 781-3463
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #36 of 694 Restaurants in Anaheim
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Neighborhood: Disneyland
Description: Join Chef Goofy and some other favorite Disney Characters at this whimsical buffet-service restaurant where everyone's a kid! Dine on a wide selection of delicious dishes and laugh it up during your meal.
Napa, California
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

There was plenty choices to choose from, everything was so good.
Something for everybody! Almost everything we had was 4 stars.

Visited September 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lots of fun for the Family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

My husband and I took the kids here during our Disneyland trip. It is in the Disneyland Hotel past Downtown Disney District. It was awesome! The food was great. We loved the variety... there were finger foods, pastas, bbq food...tons of desserts and kid choices! It is an all you can eat buffet so come with an empty stomach!

The amount of characters available to you is great. During our hour dinner, we saw Chip and Dale, Minnie Mouse, Belle, Aurora, Pluto and of course Goofy!! A lot of these characters you would have to chase around or stand in long lines to take pictures with, but at the dining they come to you! :)

Upon arriving they will take your picture with Goofy. They will later come to present a package to you that you can purchase with your Goofy pictures. I would suggest if you are going to be in Disneyland for a couple days to purchase the Disney PhotoPlus prior to your trip. You will receive the package for free since it is all included in the pre-paid price for the PhotoPlus package.

Overall great experience. We will definitely return next year :)

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Birthday at Goofy's Kitchen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I decided to celebrate my son’s 2nd birthday at Goofy’s Kitchen. You can make reservations either by telephone (714-781-3463) or email (dine@disneyland.com). I initially tried to reserve via email (they were prompt in responding) but because of the size of my party (26), I was told to call the phone number. I wasn’t sure if they would be able to accommodate my party size but was surprised that they did. They ask you if you are celebrating anything and I mentioned my son’s birthday. The operator also informed me that the entire party has to be present in order to be seated.

Goofy’s Kitchen is located inside the Disneyland Hotel. You can park in the hotel parking lot or have your car valeted (both options are complimentary). Once you arrive at Goofy’s Kitchen, there is a check-in area. While you are waiting to be seated, there is a small movie room to the side for the kids which I thought was neat. A few of our guest were running late, so I asked the check-in people if we could be seated anyway since the majority of the party was present. They said it was fine and that we could pay for the missing guests even though they were not present (they also give you the option to come back out and pay for the missing guests once they arrive). My husband and I decided to pay for them already to avoid multiple transaction fees on our credit card. The person who was helping us asked if we had an Annual Pass. I mentioned that someone in our party had one and he allowed us to use her discount which was awesome! We were able to save %15 (about $100).

The food was ok. We were there for brunch so they had a bunch of breakfast and lunch items. There was an omelet station and a nice selection of desserts. The characters that day were Goofy, Chip and Dale, the Mad Hatter, Mulan, Baloo, and Rafiki. The children in our party enjoyed the characters and taking pictures with them. They gave my son a cupcake and sang happy birthday to him. We had a good experience and I would do it again, but with a smaller party.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Palo Alto, California
“It's all about the characters”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We ate here for my twin daughters' 15th birthday. You will discover that nearly every other table is celebrating a birthday. So along with the characters paying visits to your table you will be serenaded by the Disney Birthday song about every 5-10 minutes. The staff goes out of their way to refresh your drinks and remove used plates from the buffet. The food is sadly, nothing special, and in some cases (the salmon) inedible. My daughter was excited to see the pizza station, but found it was pretty mediocre. There are all the usual kid foods (mac and cheese, hot dogs, nuggets) and a decent salad bar and some more adult fare (beef, chicken, potstickers, fried shrimp). The dessert buffet is visually thrilling although overwhelming. You get a free cupcake if it is your birthday, and my girls enjoyed that immensely. We saw four characters in a hour long visit. You pay when you enter, and drinks are included in the cost but adults who want an ADULT BEVERAGE can order one from the waiter. They don't go out of their way to advertise this, but there is fancy drink booklet on the table and I wished I had noticed it earlier. Goofy's Kitchen is all about the atmosphere and the characters. Go with that mindset and you'll have a great time!

Visited June 2013
Bend, Oregon
“Great fun for the kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We did dinner at Goofy's Kitchen. It was nice to leave the park and take a break...and have a cocktail! We had a 5:30 reservation so the place wasn't crowded which enhanced the character interaction. After meeting and taking a photo with Goofy at the front we were seated. We waited a long while for other characters to come by and they eventually did. Our son got to meet Minnie, Pluto, Mulan and Belle. Chip/Dale was also there but never came to our table. The food was surprisingly good for a Disney buffet with plenty of options for adults and kids - even some good healthy choices. I broke down and had a slice of the macaroni and cheese pizza, which was awesome. Who knew?!? We didn't purchase the photo package they try to sell you because it was way too expensive.

• Visited May 2013