“This place can work” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #99 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
vacaville ,CA
“This place can work”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Greenwood Suites can work if you don't sweat the small stuff. First of all is convienence. Located in a block bounded by Katella,Clementine Disney Way and Ahaheim Bl. you can choose between Motel 6, Residence Inn, La Quinta as well as suite hotels. Greenwood Suites is not on the upper end of the so called suite hotels, but adequate. I found the room to be clean and confortable and felt safe. Choose this place by price as you can get close to Motel 6 prices if you negotiate or use their direct web site. You will be hit with a $4.00 parking charge which was reasonable considering it is within the building. There will also be a $4.00 "resort" fee, however there are no resort amenities, other than a spa tucked in a corner outside the parking garage. The Greenwood also has long term residents and probably some seniors, however I saw few other guests during my Thanksgiving week stay. Don't put too much stock in the web site photos as the koi pond and palm trees are located on a small berm in front of the hotel a few feet off busy Anaheim Blvd. I am glad I was not on a schedule as check in took 17 minutes due to an unbeliveably slow computer system. Don't expect a pool, playground or complementary breakfast. Sometimes you will be privy to cooking odors from above mentioned residents (I thought they might have been enjoying fresh caught koi from the front pond my night of arrival). I found the front desk to be helpful and friendly and did not experience any of the behavior mentioned by other reviews. I am sure if there were a dozen folks trying to check in at the same time the feeling would be different. They have a neat hi def underwater screens behind the desk while you await the slow computer check in. All in all, I would stay here other than a local motel. The higher end Peacock Suites are right next door with valet parking and probably a hundred bucks more. If you are on business or are not looking for resort atmosphere (even though you are dinged $4.00 for a lack thereof) this place will do. I would stay here again if need be.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Rochester, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Not recommended.
Please read all negative revies. Most positive reviews are came from hotel's staff to regain business. if you dont read all negative reviews, sooner or later you will regret.
Rooms and carpet dirty
Some rooms no AC
Swimming pool does not clean
Staff unfriendly
There are extra charges on bill.

Room Tip: All rooms are bad
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Do NOT stay at this property...

We were staying at the Greenwood Suites property while attending a Disneyland race. My wife and I checked in later in the evening and went up to the room and unpacked all our belongings in preparation to wake up early and head to the start of the race. We then prepared for bed. After laying in bed for about 30 minutes it became apparent the A/C was not coming on. I got out of bed to check it and there was no power to the unit or wall display. It was about 1am and we had to wake up around 4:30am for the race. I called down to the front desk to notify the staff of the problem with the A/C. The gentleman offered to move me to a room at the other end of the hallway. I explained how I only had a few more hours to sleep and it didn't make sense to pack all our stuff back up and have to get dressed to haul it all down to the other end of the hall. He understood and said he'd make a note of the situation. I asked him about receiving a credit for the inconvenience and he said that shouldn't be a problem and to stop at the desk when I checked out. When I went to check out and told the lady at the desk about what had happened she said that she was unable to give me any credit because they had offered to move me to a different room. After explaining to her why it didn't make sense to change rooms, she offered to call her manager and speak with him. The manager told her not to give me any credit and I asked to speak with him on the phone. The manager completely lacked customer service skills and refused to give any credit at all. No matter what I said to him all he would repeat was that I was offered a different room and he would not give me a credit. All this property cares about is getting paid. Management has no concern for their customers or the diminished reputation that comes from a poor experience. I would never stay at this property again nor recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Rancho Bernardo, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Had stayed at this hotel 3x in the past few years. It has kitchenette with stovetop, microwave and refrigerator. Each time we stayed for 6 nights. The location is good, near freeway, walking distance to Garden walk shopping plaza. Saw improvement with front desk service staffed by new faces who were friendly and pleasant. Beware that they charged parking fee of $4 and resort fee of $4 each night plus tax. The tax rate in Anaheim is 17%. We were glad that they allowed us to check in the room earlier as we had to attend conference in Anaheim.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

I never made it to the room, wasted almost $200 and at least 3 hours dealing with the front desk staff/manager (s). These people are cold, Condescending and rude.

• Stayed July 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

Not impressed with this hotel at all-
I had read all the negative reviews, but since there was availability and my family was exhausted from our drive, we didn't have much of a choice since the Peacock Suites next door had no vacancies... The 1st room we were registered to was disgusting and hot. The bed linens were stained, towels appeared to be dirty, but worst of all, the air conditioner did not work it was 90 degrees and humid- when we were finally changed to another room, in the early morning hours, the air conditioner worked well, but not only did we get introduced to more filthy towels and linen, but now we were left to deal with ant infestation!!! Ugh!!! All I can saw is never again!!!

• Stayed July 2012
Claremore, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

the location is perfect 10 minutes walking to Disneyland, Gardenwalk and downtown Disney. The staff are very polite and courteous. I am a long term resident here...and am very happy here. The parking fee is only to help the Disney resort fees which is from the resort locations. you have parking (covered) which is also a great bonus. The beds are new and pillowtop with thick comfy pillows. I had one room and had some issues so the staff offered to move me to another room. The full kitchenette is a great bonus. (The room I am in is considered a 1 bedroom has tv in living room and also in bedroom, has couch that makes a bed.) there is no other place that will be as clean as this one.

Room Tip: all of the rooms are very nice, it depends on your family size.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Greenwood Suites Anaheim Resort? Share your experiences!