“Call in for pickup....the best!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wood Ranch BBQ & Grill

Wood Ranch BBQ & Grill
8022 E Santa Ana Canyon Rd, Anaheim, CA 92808-1108 (Anaheim Hlls)
714-974-6660
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Anaheim Hlls
Granada Hills, California, United States
“Call in for pickup....the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Once a month or so we have a meeting across the street....and I am able to sneak away and call in my order for lunch! Quick service on the phone, knowledgable, and easy peasy! And picking up is a breeze...walk in food is always ready, and great service! Kevin (our waiter from Saturday) even remembers us! Not sure if that is a good thing yet :) but always takes care of us!

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

92% Recommend
Orange, California, United States
“BBQ excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Took my son for Father's Day best BBQ he wants to go back. The Garlic bread rolls fresh out of the oven. I had 1/2 chicken with Hablano peach BBQ oh my goodness so good! Loaded potatoe oh my. Son had Ribs we went for lunch his wife had brisqit sliders everyone very satisfied and happy!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Tasty BBQ--- Friendly wait staff!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Love this place! Always great food and friendly service. No reason to elaborate- they do BBQ- tasty and affordable and Service - friendly and prompt.

Enuff said

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orange County, CA
“Great Tri-tip, but the wait...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Cannot recall any other local restaurant that serves a better Tri-Tip. But I don't eat here as often as I like. Their No Reservations policy means you can wait upwards of an hour or more on busy nights. Am not a fan of waiting that long for food.

Visited April 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Top of the BBQ Chain Restaurants”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I always prefer to eat at non chain restaurants ... I guess I don't like the 'formula' feel of chains, especially the larger (both in number of stores, siz of store and menu), but Wood Ranch feels different.
We were here early on a Sunday ... good hint, because the place gets very busy by about 5 ... large parties, loud and boisterous ... so if you want a quieter dinner, go early. They are open at 11, so make it a brunch.
We started with the onion appetizer ... good, tasty .. and I liked that you could have a regular size or a smaller size.
Our entrees were the brisket for him and the pulled pork for me. We both had baked potato sides; he had the mac and cheese and I had the cole slaw, which, actually, was not a choice, but came with the pulled pork. The potatoes were great .. we added the cheddar cheese and bacon for another $1.50 each .. probably a little pricey, but it was tasty ... I didn't think the cole slaw was anything to write home about and the mac and cheese was just average.
But the meats were fantastic. And so much! We both brought home enough to have a full lunch the next day. And by the way ... the rolls (oh, the rolls) were out of this world ... do NOT miss them!
Of course, after all that, we had to have a dessert, so tried the peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream. Very nice ... comes warm ... a perfect end to a nice dinner.
Michael was our waiter ... he was very professional ... did a lot of suggesting (good training!) ... and was there when we needed him.
Price was reasonalble, particularly after our dinner at Lucille's a week or two before ... where I thought the food was good, but way expensive.
Recommend this place ... family friendly, good food, good service. A nice way to spend a Sunday late afternoon.

• Visited March 2013