“Indulge - Coolest Vibe in the Park” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Bayou

Blue Bayou
1313 S Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92802-2309 (Disneyland)
(714) 781-3463
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Disneyland
Fresno, California
“Indulge - Coolest Vibe in the Park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Make your reservations early and plan to treat yourself to a wonderful atmosphere where it's always nighttime on the river. You get to enjoy watching people float by as they make their way deeper into Pirates of the Caribbean.

Our food server was a delightful and sweet middle-aged woman who did her best to make sure all was well and we had everything we needed. My husband and daughter had the Monte Christo sandwiches and they were really exceptional. I had the chicken which was just okay (wouldn't order again), and my son had the jambalaya and loved it. The salads were very fresh and delicious. We were celebrating two graduations (high school and college) and our anniversary and our food server was gracious enough to bring us each a delectable chocolate confection, with a candle on top, to help us celebrate. Very sweet and kind!

We ALWAYS go the the Blue Bayou when we are in Disneyland and it never disappoints with the overall experience. This time was no exception and we thank everyone who works there for their commitment to excellence.

Visited January 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Rancho Bernardo, California
“Very salty salmon. Very expensive for average food. Great ambiance.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

TIP: Make a reservation on-line before you go! (Or just save your money and don't go as the food is very expensive and very average).

I had wanted to eat at the Blue Bayou in the Pirates of the Caribbean ride for years. It always looked so magical when you went by in the boat and saw everyone eating in the dark with lanterns swinging above.

I made a reservation 2 days before (I was actually surprised to get a reservation so easily).
We went to the restaurant a 1/2 hour before our reservation to make sure they had the reservation and to make sure we knew where the restaurant was.

It was a good thing we did because they gave us a 'buzzer' and told us to wait until it went off. Isn't the whole point of a reservation so that you have a table waiting for you??! As it turned out, because we had checked in a 1/2 hour before the reservation, we then waited a half hour and were seated at the time of our reservation, but this involved a 1/2 hour of 'hanging around' in the area.

We were not sat by the water, but then not everyone can sit there. (We would have had to wait an extra 45 mins, supposedly for a 'water' view).

We drank Perrier waters (they don't serve alcohol and we don't drink soda) and ordered the salmon and jambalaya dishes, which came with soup or salad and bread. The bread and soup were good, but the entrees were not that great. My salmon was so salty -- I just about got through it.

Overall, the ambiance was nice, but the food was disappointing, especially for the price.

They were very quick to swipe our plates at the end to turn the tables and our wait staff changed half way through dining.

The restrooms inside the restaurant are really small/limited, so best to go out into the park.

There was a huge line of miserable looking people waiting to get into the restaurant when we left around 2:45pm. Really not sure if it's worth the wait. Try to make a reservation on-line before you go.

It was a once-in-a-lifetime experience, a sort of 'been there done that', but wouldn't do it again. I've always found the food at Disney to be their weak point, and this experience enforced that.

If you found this review helpful, please click YES.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bellingham, Washington
“Good food, and good smells”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Gumbo is to die for, along with the Monte Cristo sandwich. Prices are a little high but the dinning is excellent, Make a reservation unless you don't mind waiting. Staff is friendly

Visited August 2013
Terrace, Canada
“Not a Good Experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

The dessert was amazing, the rest of the food was just OK. Server was cold and indifferent. Atmosphere was disappointing, probably because of where they sat us; next to the bathroom and kitchen doors. We made reservations so I expected to get a spot in nicer part of the restaurant but no...right on the outside edge. I will not go back and waste money on this again.

Visited December 2013
RIVERSIDE, CA
“Just the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

In the 50+ years I've lived in California and the numerous times I've been to Disneyland, I am embarrassed to say that I just recently ate at the Blue Bayou for the first time. I've sure been missing out! It is simply the best place to eat when you are at the Magic Kingdom. Plush, Excellent Food, Relaxing atmosphere, wonderful attentive wait staff and did I say -- Excellent food. Like others I agree that the gumbo is addictive and the Monte Cristo is excellent and filling.

No alcohol but -- hey ya can't have everything in life now can you. The Mint-Julip is very good and --- well it was just a great time - and this was lunch!

You should be aware though that this is also probably the most expensive place to eat in Disneyland and I do mean expensive. Entrees will run between $25 - $40 BUT -- They are big enough to split so - let your appetite be your guide.

GO - You will not be disappointed.

• Visited January 2014