“It sets a mood” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Bayou

Blue Bayou
1313 S Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92802-2309 (Disneyland)
(714) 781-3463
Neighborhood: Disneyland
Gulfport, Mississippi
“It sets a mood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This restaurant doesn't look like much from the outside, but it is very nice. Decorated with trees and lanterns, it is dark and could be considered romantic. The dinner here was very good. The service was timely and efficient. We had several people check on us through our time here, not just our server. Not knowing anything other than the website, we weren't sure what to expect. It was a real surprise and we would recommend trying it.

Visited January 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Tucson
“Best food at Disneyland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This beautiful location is all about ambiance! You MUST ask for a table by the water... enjoy the boats sailing by in the Pirates of the Carribean attraction!

Visited April 2012
orange county
“Dine once...just to say you've done it.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

You go on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, and the first thing you see in the dark is a restaurant, dimly lit by colorful paper lanterns. One can't help but wonder what it's like to dine here, and for years, I kept wondering. Until one day (more specifically after say, 30 rides on the Pirates of the Caribbean), my husband finally made reservations and took me here. Our reservation was for 4:50pm on a Monday. We were 5 minutes late and upon signing in, I asked the host for a "water side" table. We were informed that it would be a 20 to 40 minute wait. I dislike waiting but I figured, what would be the point of dining at Blue Bayou if you don't get the full experience? So we waited. The wait turned out to be 50 minutes.

The ambience is agreeably unique. From your waterside table you can see the shadowy figures of the ride goers as their boats create that initial splash into the water and float by the restaurant.

I was starving from the wait and was hoping to get some appetizers going, unfortunately, the restaurant offers no appetizers. But you do get a bread basket. And you can order either a salad or a cup of gumbo to hold you off. There are about 9 entree choices. Plus a specialty for the day. I ended up ordering the Crab Cakes and my husband decided on the Surf and Turf. Our server was pleasant and our food arrived in a timely manner. There was a generous amount of crab in the crab cakes and the taste wasn't bad but the vegetables, specifically the green beans, were not cooked al dente. My husband was unhappy about his steak. And mentioned that it wasn't worth what he paid for and compared the quality to (gasp!) Sizzler. However, we frequent well-known steakhouses so his standards when it comes to steak is rather high.

They do not serve alcohol but I did order a refreshing mint julep with the glowing ice cube to add to the ambience.

Overall, I'm happy just because I can check it off my list. Would I come back? Highly unlikely. If your palate is craving for a better culinary experience at the Disneyland Parks, try Carthay Circle at California Adventure. A bit more expensive but I found it to be worth it.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Woodland, California
“Great View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

For those of you that don't know this is the Restaurant inside Pirates of the Carribean. The service was great. Anything in Disneyland is not cheap but this place is very relaxing with a nice view of the ride and coves.

Visited December 2012
Long Beach, California
“Must try at least once in your life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I love the restaurant right inside the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland theme park. The atmosphere, the menu, and the thrill of doing something most people don't even realize is possible make this my favorite restaurant in the park!

Visited February 2013