“Fine dining, Disney-style” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Napa Rose at Grand Californian

Napa Rose at Grand Californian
1600 S Disneyland Dr, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Disneyland)
714 781-3463
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 724 restaurants in Anaheim
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Neighborhood: Disneyland
Description: This elegant award-winning restaurant offers an incomparable selection of wines and serves contemporary cuisine inspired by California's rich bounty of fine, fresh ingredients. Whether you celebrate a special occasion or take a break from a busy day at Disneyland Resort, you'll savor an exceptional dining experience.
Henderson, Nevada
“Fine dining, Disney-style”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I enjoyed a wonderful meal of roast duck over fennel puree, while my girlfriend dined on braised shortribs. Both dinners were very tasty, and our waiter (Hamilton) did a fantastic job of pairing our meals with a glass of wine that complimented, but did not overpower the food.

Visited July 2013

81% Recommend
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Fine Dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

At a resort I expect even the fine dining restaurants to be crammed with children, but as much as Napa rose has that they make up for it any every other aspect. Chefs counter is nice, the portions are small but the food is delicious and they are very accommodating. It is costly, so if you plan on a nice business meeting or the final dinner of the trip eat here.

Visited July 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Excellent chef”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I'm a very picky eater, and we went here instead of Carthay Circle because I couldn't find anything on their menu that I could eat (we were going to use our annual passes to do the World of Color dining). I made a 7:30pm reservation on a Wednesday night with no problems. The decor reminded me a lot of the Ahwahnee Hotel restaurant, but more modern. We sat in one of the half-booths, and I thought the tables were a little too close for privacy. The hostess was a little robotic, but the waiter was very nice. The bread and appetizers arrived promptly but the entree took a while. I had the beef short ribs. It was nice sized, cooked absolutely perfectly, nicely seasoned, and fell right off the bone. I had ordered it mainly for the sides of corn and Yukon potatoes, and was initially disappointed by the lack of both. One ear of corn would have been enough for dozen plates, and there was only one slice of potato underneath the beef, and a few smaller chunks surrounding it. I could not believe how good they tasted, though. They were in the most perfect buttery flavored sauce imaginable. My wife had the scallops appetizer and the grilled fish, also cooked perfectly, but light on the sides. My only other complaints were that I never was asked if I wanted a refill of my Coke, and the seating was a little uncomfortable. One nice surprise was when they gave us two complimentary boxes of truffles on a plate that said "Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate. Total bill for two pre-tip was $120. Napa Rose is one of the few restaurants in that price range that I have tried and would eat at again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Dimas, California
“Fabulous Evening at the Napa Rose!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We were spending the evening at the Grand Californian for our 2nd Wedding Anniversary and arranged a 530p reservation at the Chef's Counter for our celebration dinner. What a fabulous and fun experience we had at the Napa Rose! The food and service was excellent. We asked the chef to chose the menu for us and it included about 6-7 smaller courses tailored specifically to our likes that my husband and I truly enjoyed. Having the smaller courses allowed us to taste so many wonderful items on their menu. This is fine dining at the Disneyland Resort. It was nice to chat a few times with Andrew Sutton, the Executive Chef, what a treat for my husband who is such a foodie! We will definitely return to the Napa Rose

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Angeles, California
“Food is Superb - the Service Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This is fine dining at a resort park. Prices are high (expect to pay around $210 for two for which I included a 20% tip.) The Chef's Counter is seating nearest the kitchen and is a fun experience to see how the meals are prepared (only two seatings per night-ask when making reservations.) The crowd is a mix of business people, conventioneers, and Disneyland park goers. While I dress in coat and slacks, many are dressed in jeans or shorts. As a friend of mine who works a Disneyland said, "It is resort dining and their money spends as well as yours."

The kitchen is well-run and adapts to special requests due to diet or likes-dislikes. Portions are smaller but there are many courses to get through so you do not leave hungry. The food is well prepared and the presentation is great. When making reservations (Disney Dining at 714-781-3463 or Napa Rose after 5pm at 714-300-7170) be sure to inform if it is a special occasion.

The staff is well-trained. Very attuned to giving the best service. Very friendly and knowledgeable. Complimentary five hours free valet parking at the Grand Californian Hotel. It is a two minute walk through the hotel to the restaurant.

• Visited May 2013