“Best food experience near Disneyland” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Napa Rose at Grand Californian

Napa Rose at Grand Californian
1600 S Disneyland Dr, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Disneyland)
714 781-3463
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Disneyland
Description: This elegant award-winning restaurant offers an incomparable selection of wines and serves contemporary cuisine inspired by California's rich bounty of fine, fresh ingredients. Whether you celebrate a special occasion or take a break from a busy day at Disneyland Resort, you'll savor an exceptional dining experience.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Best food experience near Disneyland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

From the freshly baked bread to the spanking fresh seafood another must do again experience. Portions were generous and kids meals just as delicious as the adults meals and the desserts were divine.

Visited November 2012

El Paso Texas
“Listen to what the server says!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I went twice in November 2012. The first night my hostess asked for a premium tequila. The server brought her something else and claimed it was the tequila she wanted. He stood there and lied instead of saying, "we don't have that brand; may I offer something else?" We moved on to fabulous food, overpriced to be sure. Yellow beets on a side dish smothered in onions were outstanding. The fried lobster wasn't. But the second night the sea bass I had with mussels was breathtaking--hot throughout, in a glorious sauce. Try it. You won't be wrong.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, CA
“This was a very mixed experience for me. A bit overrated for what we paid.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We had always wanted to try this restaurant. My husband son and I are premium disney park season pass holders and we decided to celebrate our son's birthday and see what all the fuss was about. We made our reservation and were seated right away. Our server Saucy was amazing. Our first impression was simply fantastic. We had dropped off a bottle of wine earlier in the day and they had it ready for us and at the perfect temperature which of course, made us quite happy after walking around all day at the parks with a 6 yr old. Our table was lovely and we were inspired to try the Chef's tasting Menu which featured Partridge. We were first served a beautiful apple cider shot topped with creme freiche and bacon. The combination was simply heavenly! I immediately tweeted my friends to come to Napa Rose. Our 2nd course arrived promptly after the first (lobster stuffed w/ spinach) and it too was just beautiful. Again, very impressed. Sadly, the experience went downhill after the lobster. Our third course took over 40 mins to get to us after our 2nd course. Our waiter "Saucy" was very apologetic and I have to say I don't blame him for the kitchen's mishaps as he was nothing but attentive but I was disappointed at the lack of food and the long wait. Our third course finally arrived but I must say, it was rather forgettable as I have to admit, I can't remember what I ate. We then again waited about 25 mins or so for our main course to arrive. We eat game as much as we can and eventhough I had never tasted "partridge" before, I found it rather tough. The flavors were amazing but I felt it was a little too hard on my palette. Saucy was great and even asked if I wanted something else but me being the trooper, I decided to finish my meal. Shortly after, I bit down on something hard. I had no choice but spit it out and it fell under the table. I took another bite, and again, I bit something hard. This time I caught it. It turned out to be a buck shot. Saucy our waiter again was apologetic as he said that "he had never experienced something more rustic" than me finding the lucky shot which brought the partridge to my plate. Shortly after, the Restaurant Manager aproached us and I must say I was disappointed to see that he didn't seem the bit concerned about the incident. (It seemed such a contrast from our wonderful waiter). We weren't offered anything to offset the incident. He just made sure I didn't chip any teeth and he allowed me to keep the bullet as a souvenir. He also made a rather disturbing comment that this was after all, "Game" I ordered. Again, I must point out that the service we received from our waiter Saucy was impeccable and the restaurant has a lot of wonderful things. I am just disappointed that my experience wasn't as stellar throughout as I expected it to be (especially when we did shell out over $200 of my hard earned money) on dinner alone and it fell short. I would have gladly given this restaurant another chance, but with the lack of interest from the Restaurant Manager, I have to say I will probably go elsewhere.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Escondido, CA
“Beautiful Place with Wonderful Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I was lucky enough to be invited to go to dinner here after a long day at a convention. We walked from the Anaheim convention center, which wasn't too far away...about a 15 minute walk. Although we didn't have a reservation, the staff was able to find us a table for five after a very short wait. Our server was friendly and helpful, giving us personal service and great advice. She suggested that we order two appetizers or a salad/soup with an appetizer instead of an entree. Our group of five decide to share one of each side dish on the menu....plus each of us followed the advice of the server with appetizers and soups or salads. The beauty of the restaurant was outstanding. I hope to go back and sit at one of the kitchen-side tables where guests can watch the chefs and be treated to tastes of the dishes they are creating. There is a gorgeous wine room too...just thinking about it makes me want to return soon!

Visited October 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Mouth watering combination of food and wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Had dinner here on a day at the parks. Casual, welcoming, genteel atmosphere. Warm woods, craftsman style in keeping with the Grand Californian hotel create an ambiance of warmth and welcome. Seated around us were everyone from families to couples, and friends.

Service was impeccable. Our waiter was knowledgeable in suggesting a wine for our meal which turned out to be an incredible pairing with our food. I was told the macaroni and cheese was superb, and it was, butter flavor oozing from every inch of it. Our salad was packed with a rich density of flavors that kept emerging in every bite.

This meal was a highlight of a weekend where we had several excellent meals. Would highly recommend Napa Rose.

• Visited November 2012