“Best Bargain in Anaheim” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #101 of 111 hotels in Anaheim
Renton, Washington
“Best Bargain in Anaheim”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed three nights here, booking this from Choicehotels.com. Our walk was about 15 minutes, then only 5 minutes on the way back, because of staff parking procedure changes last month. However, it was easy to do.

It was a real bargain and the front desk staff could not have been nicer. This place was much better than I anticipated, considering the price. Yes, it’s older. Yes, there are things that need fixing, but the room was clean and the bedding was clean and comfortable. The “breakfast” was very limited: juice, hot tea or coffee and small muffins, nothing my husband could eat, but we had coffee and then went into the park for breakfast so it worked out fine. Iy had a mini-fridge ad mincrowave so we walked the block to the AM PM to get milk and drinks. The free wi-fi worked fine too.

They were especially accommodating to let us keep our luggage in the office on our last day after check out as our airport shuttle was coming in the evening, and then to change our clothes for the airport travel.

Walking back from eating on Harbour Ave we saw the fireworks! WOW!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

104 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

this place may not be Mandarin Oriental but they staff is great! so nice and its so close to Disneyland, you can hear the fireworks at night. its a clean place and they respect the privacy. the only Down side is that I requested a king size bed and instead I got 2 full beds, I was there with my boyfriend we didn't fit comfortably on the bed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Beaverton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was nasty. Wallpaper pealing off the walls, broken door locks, gang members hanging out in the parking lot (appeared to be casing the cars)... Dirty carpet, rude lady at front desk. After 30 minutes, we were out of there. The manager refunded our money no problem. Wish I could upload my pictures. Mold in the bathroom and black stuff on the shower curtain. Small black bugs in the sink. It was awful, pay the extra $20 a night and stay somewhere clean!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Room was filthy we never even stayed an hour border falling off,gaps around air conditioner. Thick dust on top of curtains non smoking room curtain has cigerett norms on it. Hookers and drug dealers. Nasty nasty dirty sheets to much to say bad about it.

Burlington, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

down the street from Disneyland. only one attendant on front desk which is also the owner. air conditioner was missing its cover. the room was clean overall. Found our car broken into. our trunk was found open and some of our belongings were missing. free breakfast were muffins, sunny delight, and coffee. Free internet was poor internet. we prefer spending more on a room than experience this again.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel because it was close to Disneyland and it was cheap. When we got there, there was an extremely small area to park in, and it was super shady. we went to our room and the wallpaper was peeling and dirty, the light fixtures were grimey and half of them weren't even plugged in... because the outlets were dangling from the walls and out of commision. the bathroom had mold, the hot water barely worked, the bed had a brown stain on it.. it was like nothing had really been cleaned. we were there long enough for my boyfriend to take a cold shower before we decided that we couldn't do it. the manager was quick to give us a refund, as if he had done millions before. we stayed at a really nice Super 8 on katella and paid roughly the same price. this hotel is not worth anyone's time.

Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I thought I was getting a great deal. It was reasonable and in walking distance of the Disneyland tram. Until we got there. The room that I reserved was not given to us, and when I went to complain, they said that their was a leak in the room and gave us a different on. They offered to give us a discount, so I said ok. When I got back to the room, I noticed that the hard wood floor was coming up in places, and we had to watch where we put our feet. I figured its only a bed and we would not be there very much so I let it go. Until that night when I tried to get my seven year old to take a bath, and found I couldn't. There was no way to plug the tub. Later that night. we were woke up after just getting to sleep at midnight because of the traffic and the paper thin walls, to a dripping noise. the Lighting fixture over the vanity was leaking, and if there had not been a perfectly placed ice bucket there my stuff would have gotten soaked. The final straw was when I looked down on the floor by my kids bed and saw a pocket knife, that we did not bring . I have yet to hear what if anything they are going to do about anything.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Rodeway Inn Maingate? Share your experiences!