“Cheap and cheerfull?” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
White Rock, Canada
“Cheap and cheerfull?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2006

I decided to take my daughter to Disneyland at the end of April with just a few weeks notice. All the big hotel chains seemed to be full and the few rooms left were very expensive. ( A dentist convention was in town) So ended up at the Fantasy Inn for 4 nights.
This is not a fancy hotel so don't expect too much for $65 a night! I found our room to be clean, fairly large and the bed was comfortable. There is a pool and we could walk to Disneyland in about 15 to 20 minutes. That's all we needed. On the negative side: we found noise from other rooms was noticeable. The shower was fine except for 1 night when there seemed to be no hot water. The pool was not heated so too cold to swim and the hot tub was only luke warm. The continental breakfast is only juice and danish, better than nothing!
Heat the pool and hot tub and make sure the showers work and this hotel will be just fine. Remember you came to see Disneyland not the hotel. Good luck!

• Stayed April 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2006

My husband and I stayed in the Fantasy Suites in April of 2004. Now, we have been to Disneyland since and have chosen not to stay at this hotel again. My husband and I had a terrible stay. First and foremost, we thought the mattress was made of concrete. Now, I'm not used to a soft mattress, so I normally do not have any problems with hotel mattresses. However, our first night was so uncomfortable, the next night we asked for extra pillows so we could lay on those. It helped, but it was hard to stay on top of the pillows. My second problem was the shower. While I was showering it went from hot to cold, hot to cold, hot to cold. And I'm talking scalding hot to ice cold. Every time it changed, I had to jump out of the way. I don't know if it had to do with others showering at the same time, or other guests flushing their toilets. Whatever, the reason, it made for some really unpleasant showers. My other problem was with the size of the room. It wasn't too bad, however, they tried to shove too much furniture into the room. Everyime you opened the door, it hit the table and chairs that were in the way. All in all, the whole hotel just looked dumpy and run down. I was not pleased with the facility at all. In my opinion, I would rather pay a little bit more and get a little more. I have found hotels that are just about $10.00 per night more, but are worth about $50.00 more per night. The other hotels also offer shuttle service. I like a hotel that I can go back to at the end of a long day of walking around the park, and is comfortable enugh just to kick back and watch t.v. We definatly did not feel that this hotel provded that comfort. To sum it up, it was a nasty experience and I would never give them my business again.

• Stayed April 2004
Vallejo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2006

I recently stayed at America's Best Value Inn and Suites Anaheim(formerly known as the Anaheim Fantasy Inn And Suites) from April 18-21, 2006. This Hotel is family owned, and I found the staff, including the maids, to be very friendly. The room was very well cleaned and very spacious, larger than most rooms. The Hotel was also nice and quiet, with a very lovely pool. I enjoyed the microwave and refrigerator, which often came in handy. The Continental Breakfast was average, but I never ate it in the mornings, we walked to Denny's instead. There are other restaurants and convenience stores within walking distance, as well as Disneyland. This Hotel is exactly what me and my boyfriend needed to relax. We will definitely stay here on our next trip to Disneyland. Loved It!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2006

I stayed at Fantasy Inn with my family and relatives to visit Disneyland's 50th Anniversary. We picked it due to it's cheap price, but soon learned that you actually do get what you pay for! This hotel is sooo old and ghetto that it makes the haunted mansion look inviting. The bathrooms look like they've been around forever and the shower would not drain. It reminded me of my grandpa's 50 year old apartment. The so called "continental breakfast" LITERALLY consisted of orange juice, cinnimon rolls, toast and apples. And we were unpleasently suprised that it took 30 minutes to walk to Disneyland (with no shuttle). So if you're looking for a decent hotel made in the last century to at the very least make you feel comfortable, this is not for you. Fantasy Inn is so old, rusty, small and dead that it doesn't deserve to be called "Fantasy" and trick unknowing Disneyland guests into staying there. Please believe me and stay at a closer, nicer hotel for a little bit more.

• Stayed August 2005
Surrey, BC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2005

After lengthy research into which hotel/motel to stay at during my family's first visit to Disneyland, I decided on booking the Anaheim Fantasy Inn & Suites. This decision was based on the rate package, hotel amenities, the proximity to Disneyland and the favourable reviews by previous guests. On the plus side, the rooms are of generous size, and the warm pool was a hit with the kids. It was great having a fridge and microwave. On the downside, the bathroom was quite dirty, the tub was chipped and the maid service was lacking as I had to request bath towels on our 2nd day. The danishes that come with breakfast were tasty as long as they were fresh, which wasn't the case on a daily basis. A choice of muffins would be a bonus. The coffee was fine, but it would be nice if the hotel could offer some lids for the cups and real cream/milk instead of whitener. I think the hotel owner should invest in some renovations, and a bit more in the guest relations department. Some more landscaping/gardening would definately add to the appeal of the pool area. These improvements would make the hotel a fine facility for families that want to be away from the hustle and bustle of the larger properties. If improvements were made, I would be a repeat customer, if not, well, I'd probably try someplace else next time.

• Stayed November 2005
st. louis, mo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2005

The Anaheim Fantasy Inn and Suites was exactly what we were hoping for. It was within 2 blocks of Disneyland - definitely a little exercise, but not too far. It was clean and very spacious. We got a family suite (4 double beds) for $89 a night within walking distance of the Disneyland. We couldn't ask for better than that and it seemed well run. Never did we have to ask twice for anything, the management was very accomodating. We could see the fireworks from our hotel window which was great because we wanted to avoid the crowds. If you're looking for a nice, clean, roomy, place to stay that is close to Disneyland, this was the place. No big bells and whistles, but what do you expect for $89/night? I would definitely recommend it and would come back.

• Stayed June 2005
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2005

We reserved two connecting rooms and got a great price on both rooms. I was a little leary of staying there because the price was so low, but I was pleasantly surprised. It's a motel-type property that reminded me of vacations with my parents years ago, but was very clean and had lots of hot water in the shower! We had a king bed in our room w/a double bed in an adjoining room---the connecting room had the same set-up so it was great, since we were four adults and two children. Each child had their own bed and room off the main room. Coffee, juice and pastries were available in the office in the morning...nothing fancy, but enough to tide us over until we could have a regular breakfast. Best of all, we were able to walk to Disneyland----no parking hassles. Very convenient location, this property is a bargain for someone traveling with children.

Stayed May 2005

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!