“Best extended stay: Felt comfortable like home” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #28 of 111 hotels in Anaheim
Rishon Lezion, Israel
“Best extended stay: Felt comfortable like home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have stayed at the Anaheim Hills Residence Inn for three months in the spring of 2013, on an academic sabbatical. The hotel was perfect for my needs. I had a one bedroom suite, fully equipped, a comfortable desk and chair, with a nice view from the fourth floor window. The high-speed Wi-Fi connection (have used multiple devices simultaneously) was excellent, both in the suite and throughout the hotel. There were two new computers with printers in the lobby, which I have used occasionally for printing. The hotel staff was proficient, friendly, and helpful. The rooms and public areas were kept very clean. There was a laundry room with two washing machines and four driers in my building. The shopping center, within five minutes walking distance, opposite the hotel was very convenient, with a Target store, a supermarket, a few restaurants, and more. The hot breakfast buffet was excellent, and the staff was doing their most to answer every request. They refilled the items constantly, kept the dining room clean and neat. During occasional busier times, I would take a tray to my suite. There were also complementary light dinners on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays, which were not fancy, but adequate, and were always served with a friendly smile. My husband and son have stayed a short while with me, and both have enjoyed the hotel tremendously. I would definitely stay in this hotel on my next visits to the Orange County area, and recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: If you are planning an extended stay or a special occasion, I recommend calling the hotel in advance...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

100 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Calexico, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I've stayed about 3-4 days every two months since June of 2012 until summer of 2013 so far:
The Good: Great location, close to stores, business office complexes I mostly go to when in the area, restaurants, attractions (Disney, etc), convention center, etc. Is next to the main LA freeways but far enough not to hear their noise, good but average breakfast, intelligent and friendly staff, spacious rooms, within walking distance of movie theaters, grocery store, restaurants (Islands, Maccarronni Grill, steak houses, etc.) and many more. A Costco and a Home Depot are just 5 min by car as well as a TGIF and others, couple of gas stations, etc. etc. Great location I must say. Even if on business, could bring the family along so they go to the amusement parks while you get work done to pay for their bills. For being in So-Cal and LA area parking is free (though not covered or not plenty of spots). Rooms as expected have a refrigerator, microwave, etc so you can simply buy stuff at the grocery store and keep it in the room or bring food to go and eat while you work in your room.
The Bad: While close to all main LA freeways, immediate entrance is via the nasty 91 freeway which at certain times of the day is probably the most congested one in LA. LAX Airport is not very close, so if you have an early AM flight you'd rather stay by the airport the night before. Breakfast is average but the breakfast area is waaay to small, specially considering this hotel mixes business travelers (where we eat alone) and families (who take 2-3 tables if not more) so not only the area gets very crowded (and dirty) in the morning but also if you do meet colleagues over breakfast you'll have to deal with background noise of kids and parents arguments over typical breakfast family disputes, not to mention prompt depletion of certain foods when big parties come in and take over the breakfast area.
The Ugly: None that I can think of

Room Tip: a) First try your company negotiated rate, they are normally 40-60% of the normal rate, b) Do try to...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

This is located just far enough off the freeway to be quiet. Location is good with several nearby restaurants in the shopping malls. The rooms are suites and large with kitchens. The morning free breakfast is very good for this type of off the lobby type buffet.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

The front desk staff are lovely and very keen to assist with any queries. We enjoyed having access to the laundry facilities although one or two more machines would have helped as one woman occupied both machines simultaneously with 2 big loads.

The cleanliness was good although I did find one dirty glass in the bathroom with what appeared to be toothpaste dregs down the bottom.

You should note that this hotel is quite some distance from Disneyland and there are no Disney shuttle or booking services.

A lot of families seem to stay here which does increase the noise level although we had no problem whilst in our room.

• Stayed May 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

My stay was very enjoyable. I had a 1 bedroom suite which included a kitchen/livingroom. There was a small dining table and good sized desk table. The room came with a sofa that folded out and a living room chair. It was spacious and comfortable for my 2 large dogs and I. Every morning there was a great breakfast buffet which was included. On Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays the also had a light dinner. In walking distance (5-10 minutes) there were restraunts and a movie theater, it is located close to the fwy and is very convient . I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
Casper, Wyoming, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

All my family members who attended the Reunion all agreed that I could not have picked a more perfect place. The rooms were clean and spacious with full size fridges and stoves so we could pick up food - store it - then we cooked it on the hotel's grill -- having a nice relaxing day at the pool. Later in the evening we used the hotel's conference room to display our family tree and watch some old movies. The manager, Mitchell Fern, even popped up some popcorn for us for the event. I am from Wyoming so planning this event in California was a gamble. I talked to over 20 hotels in Anaheim area and found Mitchell Fern to be the most helpful, patient and cooperative and that is why I picked this place. Other hotels gave me a better price but it is not about price it is about getting a place that makes you feel welcome. It is not housing but hospitality. Mitchell understands this...Mitchell worked with me in telling me about the area and attractions in a truthful and honest way. He spend countless hours answering calls and email messages to get to know me and my family and it meant so much. Thank you Thank you Thank you Mitchell Fern to helping make my family's reunion a success. Carol & All 50 of us Coccia's

Room Tip: All the rooms are suites but the one bedroom suites are nicer if you have teens because mom and dad...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Williamston, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I had never stayed at a Residence Inn before but will certainly look into booking one in the future. We had six rooms reserved for out-of-town family and friends for our son's wedding. Not only did the rooms work great for us (having 2 BR, 2 bath rooms available at an affordable rate was really helpful), but the location is really convenient--we walked to Target, the Pavilions supermarket, and a few restaurants! We also enjoyed using the pool and hot tub and the staff was great about letting our large group congregate in the breakfast room at odd times of day. Best of all was the staff: Mitchell Fern and the desk and housekeeping staff were all outstanding. They bent over backwards to take care of our many needs (even odds and ends such as a bowl for ice to borrow for the wedding reception!). They upgraded a room and waived the banquet room fee when one of our party had to be moved to a new room--without any request for compensation on our part at all! We couldn't have had a better stay or been more impressed by the hotel staff. To me, great customer service counts for a lot--it makes even a less comfortable room much more bearable--but the Residence Inn in Anaheim Hills/Yorba Linda combines wonderful location, incredibly comfortable and pleasant rooms, AND an outstanding staff for one of the best hotel stays I've ever experienced! THANK YOU, Mitchell, Samantha, Brooke, and the others at the Residence Inn!

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom, 2 bath rooms are great for a family, but the studios were actually huge and comfortab...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Anaheim Hills Yorba Linda? Share your experiences!