“"Top Notch Hotel and Staff!"” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #24 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Leesburg, Florida
“"Top Notch Hotel and Staff!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Enjoyed a pleasant stay at the hotel and found everything to our liking even though we are very picky travelers. The spacious suite with full kitchenette was excellent and the night manager was most helpful in directing us to some great local restaurants. All was well until I returned home and could not locate my small jewelry bag which I immediately reported to the hotel. I promptly received a return call from the Manager, Fern Mitchell, who listened patiently and took my charges seriously while I was jumping to conclusions and making accusations. Although he had the utmost confidence in his staff, he also expressed genuine concern for my loss and offered to conduct a thorough investigation. As a result, there was no evidence or reason to implicate any hotel staff but he proposed a generous good will gesture which I readily accepted. He went above and beyone anything I had expected. However, I was humbled and embarrassed the next day when I found the jewelry safely tucked away in my travel bag! And, of course, Mr. Mitchell was magnanimous in accepting my deepest apologies (lesson learned!). Both the hotel and management score a perfect ten in my book! Carol NB

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Essex, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My boys and I have just returned from a week visiting family in Anaheim Hills. This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel, and once again we were more than satisfied. Our rooms were spotlessly clean and spacious. The beds were extremely comfortable and the sheets crisp and snowy white. All employees around the hotel are friendly and polite, and all (minor) issues were resolved quickly. The pool and hot tub are great for the kids, although not kept as clean off season as they were when we visited in the summer. Breakfast offers a good selection of items, both hot and cold, and snacks are available for sale at reception. The hotel offers a grocery shopping service and coin-operated laundry facilities which are very handy. All in all, a very good stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Alamo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

About a week before we were to our stay, we informed by the manager, Mitchell Fern, that our 2 room suite was not available due to extended stays by current clients. He was able to find us 2 single suites next to each other at a lower cost. He was very nice and apologetic on the phone. We really appreciated that he cared to find us something to suit our needs. The main areas are clean and up to date. The rooms were in excellent condition, The bathrooms were clean and spacious (large counters). The kitchenette was clean and equipped for everything we needed. Whenever we encountered staff in the hallways, they were all so nice and cheerful. We got to use their basketball court, because we felt it too cool to use the pool, both areas were well kept. The breakfast was standard. The location was great, so close to a great shopping area (market, cinema, restaurants, Target and Toys R Us...)

Bloomington, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

The staff was wonderful. The night clerk we called was very accomodating, and negotiated a great rate for a hotel in this area. This was our first visit to this area, and was making last minute reservations. Excellent room and amenities, Kitchenette with full size regrigerator and microwave. Hot breakfast served every morning, with a nice variety of entrees. Breakfast area was a little cramped, but the banquet room was opened for the overflow. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

phx,az
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

This was my 5th stay at this hotel this year [2012] and i have enjoyed all of the stays. The employees are nice, the rooms and grounds are clean, the breakfast is good. and the location is very good.There are many restaurants in the area and numerous shopping areas.

Surrey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Easy to get to off Riverside Freeway (hwy 91) just a few minutes north east of Disney (hwy 55), east of Medieval Times and all other Anaheim attractions. Great, safe and quiet neighbourhood. Walking distance to Starbucks, Target and very good restaurants. We stayed in a two bedroom suite, with a living and kitchen area between the two bedrooms. Beds were both small queens, bordering on doubles, and harder than most. Room was clean and quiet. Full kitchen with fridge, stove, microwave etc. Swimming pool is heated and gets very nicely warm by the sun as well. Hottub is a bit small, fitting 3 at best average side adults. There is a bbq in the courtyard for guests to use. Breakfast is average Marriott food, including make your own waffles, eggs, potatoes, yogurt, cereal, milk, coffee and more. Walking distance to Wood Ranch and Romano's Macaroni Grill, Target and Starbucks. Easy access to Hwy 91 gets you to wherever you want to go. Disney took us about 15 minutes to get to, Medieval Times took about 30 minutes. Check out prices on Priceline and other sites before booking.

Room Tip: We like top floors because there are no stomping feet above you. Corners help reduce noise from besi...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I booked the room on 9-2-2012 for a stay on 9-23 (3 weeks later) using Marriott Rewards points. When we checked in and got to our room it was very hot (90 degree temperature the previous days which is very rare for that area. I used to live less than a mile away so know this is unusual). There was a portable AC in the room. I turned it on and set it to 60 degrees and high fan and then went to turn on the thermostat for the regular AC and it was dead. I asked an employee in the hallway what was wrong with the hotel air conditioning and he said it was out, leading me to believe this was true for the entire building. I noticed the temperature on the thermostat in the hallway read 81 degrees. Later I noticed that none of the other rooms were vented for portable AC units and concluded that it was only for that room. Asking for another room at the front desk I was told that the hotel was full and there were none available. Had I not been using Rewards points I would have gone elsewhere but you can't just take your Marriott points to another brand hotel so we were stuck. I'm sure the General Manager wanted money from "Paying Guests" and knew he would be paid by Marriott for the points. The room never got below the high eighties and the unit was noisy. I did an internet search and learned that it was designed to a single room up to 300 square feet. It was not suited for a two room suite.

The next morning, just before checking out, I met Mr. Lee, the head of engineering, he said, and he informed me that the AC unit had to be ordered from Texas and it would take 8 weeks to replace it. I told him that the AC had been on all night set at 60 degrees and it was much hotter than in the hallway. I asked him to verify that by coming to the room with me. He said he was late to a meeting and it would have to wait. I didn't believe him because if you are late to a meeting you aren't carrying a gallon jug of some chemical.

I registered my complaint at the desk when I checked out and asked why they hadn't closed the room because of the heat. She said it was closed but they opened it that night because the hotel was full. Yeah, right! The closed room has a portable AC in it? But they only opened it that night? I didn't believe her either. I told her I had booked 3 weeks prior to arrival and was sure they weren't completely booked then, so why was I put in that room. Her reply was she didn't block the rooms.

The hotel is quite nice. Employees are friendly, but obfuscate and deceive. I'm sure that is at the direction of the GM. It would have been a very nice stay except one spends most time sleeping at a hotel and we couldn't do that with the AC making a racket and heat in the high eighties.

If you are using Marriott Reward points go someplace else. If you are charging to a credit card or paying cash and you get treated like this, tell them you are leaving and go someplace else.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
JasonRobinson, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Anaheim Hills Yorba Linda, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for being a valued Marriott Rewards Member. We appreciate your business and please know that room revenue is never a factor when determining which room to assign
guest(s). Rooms are generally assigned by room type reserved, including accessible rooms, and location preference. It was unfortunate that during your stay we did encounter an extreme heat wave in the area. We attempt to prepare for any engineering circumstances should they occur such as providing portable AC units should an in room unit malfunction. During your stay we were sold out and unfortunately some units malfunctioned leaving the portable AC units as the option. This was an unfortunate and rare situation and I did speak with the General Manager whom informed me returned your Marriott points due to the inconvenience. Please feel free to contact myself or the General Manager should your travels bring you back to the area. We would like another opportunity to provide you with exceptional service.

Been to Residence Inn Anaheim Hills Yorba Linda? Share your experiences!