“another stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 111 hotels in Anaheim
phx,az
“another stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

This was my 5th stay at this hotel this year [2012] and i have enjoyed all of the stays. The employees are nice, the rooms and grounds are clean, the breakfast is good. and the location is very good.There are many restaurants in the area and numerous shopping areas.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

99 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Surrey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Easy to get to off Riverside Freeway (hwy 91) just a few minutes north east of Disney (hwy 55), east of Medieval Times and all other Anaheim attractions. Great, safe and quiet neighbourhood. Walking distance to Starbucks, Target and very good restaurants. We stayed in a two bedroom suite, with a living and kitchen area between the two bedrooms. Beds were both small queens, bordering on doubles, and harder than most. Room was clean and quiet. Full kitchen with fridge, stove, microwave etc. Swimming pool is heated and gets very nicely warm by the sun as well. Hottub is a bit small, fitting 3 at best average side adults. There is a bbq in the courtyard for guests to use. Breakfast is average Marriott food, including make your own waffles, eggs, potatoes, yogurt, cereal, milk, coffee and more. Walking distance to Wood Ranch and Romano's Macaroni Grill, Target and Starbucks. Easy access to Hwy 91 gets you to wherever you want to go. Disney took us about 15 minutes to get to, Medieval Times took about 30 minutes. Check out prices on Priceline and other sites before booking.

Room Tip: We like top floors because there are no stomping feet above you. Corners help reduce noise from besi...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I booked the room on 9-2-2012 for a stay on 9-23 (3 weeks later) using Marriott Rewards points. When we checked in and got to our room it was very hot (90 degree temperature the previous days which is very rare for that area. I used to live less than a mile away so know this is unusual). There was a portable AC in the room. I turned it on and set it to 60 degrees and high fan and then went to turn on the thermostat for the regular AC and it was dead. I asked an employee in the hallway what was wrong with the hotel air conditioning and he said it was out, leading me to believe this was true for the entire building. I noticed the temperature on the thermostat in the hallway read 81 degrees. Later I noticed that none of the other rooms were vented for portable AC units and concluded that it was only for that room. Asking for another room at the front desk I was told that the hotel was full and there were none available. Had I not been using Rewards points I would have gone elsewhere but you can't just take your Marriott points to another brand hotel so we were stuck. I'm sure the General Manager wanted money from "Paying Guests" and knew he would be paid by Marriott for the points. The room never got below the high eighties and the unit was noisy. I did an internet search and learned that it was designed to a single room up to 300 square feet. It was not suited for a two room suite.

The next morning, just before checking out, I met Mr. Lee, the head of engineering, he said, and he informed me that the AC unit had to be ordered from Texas and it would take 8 weeks to replace it. I told him that the AC had been on all night set at 60 degrees and it was much hotter than in the hallway. I asked him to verify that by coming to the room with me. He said he was late to a meeting and it would have to wait. I didn't believe him because if you are late to a meeting you aren't carrying a gallon jug of some chemical.

I registered my complaint at the desk when I checked out and asked why they hadn't closed the room because of the heat. She said it was closed but they opened it that night because the hotel was full. Yeah, right! The closed room has a portable AC in it? But they only opened it that night? I didn't believe her either. I told her I had booked 3 weeks prior to arrival and was sure they weren't completely booked then, so why was I put in that room. Her reply was she didn't block the rooms.

The hotel is quite nice. Employees are friendly, but obfuscate and deceive. I'm sure that is at the direction of the GM. It would have been a very nice stay except one spends most time sleeping at a hotel and we couldn't do that with the AC making a racket and heat in the high eighties.

If you are using Marriott Reward points go someplace else. If you are charging to a credit card or paying cash and you get treated like this, tell them you are leaving and go someplace else.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
JasonRobinson, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Anaheim Hills Yorba Linda, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for being a valued Marriott Rewards Member. We appreciate your business and please know that room revenue is never a factor when determining which room to assign
guest(s). Rooms are generally assigned by room type reserved, including accessible rooms, and location preference. It was unfortunate that during your stay we did encounter an extreme heat wave in the area. We attempt to prepare for any engineering circumstances should they occur such as providing portable AC units should an in room unit malfunction. During your stay we were sold out and unfortunately some units malfunctioned leaving the portable AC units as the option. This was an unfortunate and rare situation and I did speak with the General Manager whom informed me returned your Marriott points due to the inconvenience. Please feel free to contact myself or the General Manager should your travels bring you back to the area. We would like another opportunity to provide you with exceptional service.
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Our daughter's wedding was at the nearby Oak Canyon Nature Center, and we stayed at the Residence Inn, as did the wedding party and out of town guests. We were extremely pleased with the hotel and the service. Everyone was welcoming and helpful. The hotel rooms and ammenitiies were perfect for gathering with friends and family. We used the large grill near the pool/basketball area for a family/wedding party barbeque one night. We used the meeting room/breakfast area for a gathering after the wedding. Jason was great to work with, provding affordable rates for our friends and wedding party. The breakfast was the best I have ever had at a hotel, and the breakfast room was a welcoming place to gather with family and friends in the morning. If anyone is having a wedding or other event at the Oak Canyonh Nature Center, I would highly recommend staying at the Residence Inn. It is on the same side of the 91, very convenient, and you avoid all of the traffic on the Savi Ranch side of the 91.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Avondale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for almost a week with my family on our summer vacation back in July. Never had a chance to post a review until now. We too had issues with the internet. This was very frustrating as we tried to plan our day for our kids. Good thing this was a vacation and not a business trip. The food provided was so so, but it was free so can we really complain. Wink wink. The kids didn't complain at all. On that one day we wanted to sleep in, we were awaken by the loud noise of the landscapers outside of our windows with their weed whackers. What can you do about that? The kids got a kick out of the resident bunnies outside along the parking lot. Nice pool, nice ball courts. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Select a room close to the front doors as the parking is best at the front. The parking spaces in th...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Santa Maria, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

On 8/3/2012 we checked into the Marriott Residence Inn Anaheim Hills @ 3:30pm. At 4:00pm we went out front to meet relatives arriving from LAX. Approx 25 min later we returned to our our room to find a female maintenance worker in the bedroom area. Startled, she began rambling on about the drain needing fixed, while holding an air conditioning filter. As she continued trying to convince us that the drain was backed up, I noticed my purse was not how I had left it. My wallet was sticking half out and then I saw $30.00 lying atop our suitcase. My purse had been left zippered shut when I left the room. I called this to the attention of my husband, who then ordered the worker out of our room. Checking the drain to find it working properly, we then called the front desk to complain. Next my husband went down to speak to a mgr, who was surprised because this employee had been there 10 yrs.
Mgmt conducted an investigation and concluded that the employee was in the wrong room to fix a drain problem. She had no plumbing tools, though, only the filter. We know she was caught in the middle of stealing from our property, but since we could not prove it, no action was taken by the manager. Our biggest regret is that we did not call the police on the spot. The DISHONEST EMPLOYEE is still STILL EMPLOYED there.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
JasonRobinson, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Anaheim Hills Yorba Linda, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We strive to provide a secure environment that ultimately gives you peace of mind with your personal property. I can understand your frustration and concerns regarding your experience. Please know that we did and are still taking this matter very serious. Senior management conducted a thorough investigation that involved our human resources department and ownership. Additionally, we interviewed other guests to confirm facts. It was concluded that another guest, with a very similar room number to yours, had reported a drain issue. The guest confirmed the details, for this scenario. The engineer mistakenly entered your room with the instruction of fixing the drain. The reporting guest communicated that she did request immediate service requiring the engineer to pause from her, at the time, verified duties of replacing air filters. Policies are in place to prevent incidents such as you experienced. Since the procedure was not correctly followed by the employee, appropriate action was taken through documented counseling of the employee. All factors were taken into account including consideration that an actual theft did not take place resulting with only speculation that the intent of this employee was to remove property from your room. It is important to note that this employee has been working for us for 9 years without a single incident. As a loyal Marriott guest, we appreciate your business and will utilize your feedback to rebuild your confidence within our hotel.
Camarillo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Overall, this place was pretty good. The rooms were very clean, the beds were comfortable and the staff was very friendly. The breakfast area does get very crowded in the mornings, so go early! The free internet worked really well. This property isn't as updated as other residence inns, but it is also a lot cheaper. We have stayed at the residence inn by Disneyland before and it was loud and crowded; this hotel was very quiet and relaxing. Great shopping and restaurants nearby. A good choice when visiting Orange County.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Anaheim Hills Yorba Linda? Share your experiences!