“Wonderful hotel for my daughter's wedding party and guests!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #24 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Wonderful hotel for my daughter's wedding party and guests!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Our daughter's wedding was at the nearby Oak Canyon Nature Center, and we stayed at the Residence Inn, as did the wedding party and out of town guests. We were extremely pleased with the hotel and the service. Everyone was welcoming and helpful. The hotel rooms and ammenitiies were perfect for gathering with friends and family. We used the large grill near the pool/basketball area for a family/wedding party barbeque one night. We used the meeting room/breakfast area for a gathering after the wedding. Jason was great to work with, provding affordable rates for our friends and wedding party. The breakfast was the best I have ever had at a hotel, and the breakfast room was a welcoming place to gather with family and friends in the morning. If anyone is having a wedding or other event at the Oak Canyonh Nature Center, I would highly recommend staying at the Residence Inn. It is on the same side of the 91, very convenient, and you avoid all of the traffic on the Savi Ranch side of the 91.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Avondale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for almost a week with my family on our summer vacation back in July. Never had a chance to post a review until now. We too had issues with the internet. This was very frustrating as we tried to plan our day for our kids. Good thing this was a vacation and not a business trip. The food provided was so so, but it was free so can we really complain. Wink wink. The kids didn't complain at all. On that one day we wanted to sleep in, we were awaken by the loud noise of the landscapers outside of our windows with their weed whackers. What can you do about that? The kids got a kick out of the resident bunnies outside along the parking lot. Nice pool, nice ball courts. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Select a room close to the front doors as the parking is best at the front. The parking spaces in th...
Santa Maria, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

On 8/3/2012 we checked into the Marriott Residence Inn Anaheim Hills @ 3:30pm. At 4:00pm we went out front to meet relatives arriving from LAX. Approx 25 min later we returned to our our room to find a female maintenance worker in the bedroom area. Startled, she began rambling on about the drain needing fixed, while holding an air conditioning filter. As she continued trying to convince us that the drain was backed up, I noticed my purse was not how I had left it. My wallet was sticking half out and then I saw $30.00 lying atop our suitcase. My purse had been left zippered shut when I left the room. I called this to the attention of my husband, who then ordered the worker out of our room. Checking the drain to find it working properly, we then called the front desk to complain. Next my husband went down to speak to a mgr, who was surprised because this employee had been there 10 yrs.
Mgmt conducted an investigation and concluded that the employee was in the wrong room to fix a drain problem. She had no plumbing tools, though, only the filter. We know she was caught in the middle of stealing from our property, but since we could not prove it, no action was taken by the manager. Our biggest regret is that we did not call the police on the spot. The DISHONEST EMPLOYEE is still STILL EMPLOYED there.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
JasonRobinson, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Anaheim Hills Yorba Linda, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We strive to provide a secure environment that ultimately gives you peace of mind with your personal property. I can understand your frustration and concerns regarding your experience. Please know that we did and are still taking this matter very serious. Senior management conducted a thorough investigation that involved our human resources department and ownership. Additionally, we interviewed other guests to confirm facts. It was concluded that another guest, with a very similar room number to yours, had reported a drain issue. The guest confirmed the details, for this scenario. The engineer mistakenly entered your room with the instruction of fixing the drain. The reporting guest communicated that she did request immediate service requiring the engineer to pause from her, at the time, verified duties of replacing air filters. Policies are in place to prevent incidents such as you experienced. Since the procedure was not correctly followed by the employee, appropriate action was taken through documented counseling of the employee. All factors were taken into account including consideration that an actual theft did not take place resulting with only speculation that the intent of this employee was to remove property from your room. It is important to note that this employee has been working for us for 9 years without a single incident. As a loyal Marriott guest, we appreciate your business and will utilize your feedback to rebuild your confidence within our hotel.
Camarillo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Overall, this place was pretty good. The rooms were very clean, the beds were comfortable and the staff was very friendly. The breakfast area does get very crowded in the mornings, so go early! The free internet worked really well. This property isn't as updated as other residence inns, but it is also a lot cheaper. We have stayed at the residence inn by Disneyland before and it was loud and crowded; this hotel was very quiet and relaxing. Great shopping and restaurants nearby. A good choice when visiting Orange County.

Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Thank you for your attentive customer service in accomodating so many family members and all our children for the most memborable week of family reunion that we could have hoped for. Your staff was great, your rooms clean and comfortable, your breakfast was delicious and bountiful. We all had a blast and big kudos to your great hotel!

Room Tip: love the 2 bedroom suite
Frisco, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Just returned from a 6 day business trip to Anaheim Hills. This is a clean property, and decent for the price ($99/night for suite). Room and property seemed clean and fairly quiet.

My biggest issue was the free WIFI. It is terrible.... takes forever to connect, and good look keeping the connection. I would try to get online to work in the evenings (between 4 and 5 local time), and usually could not get a connection, or would get online, just to be kicked off. A huge problem for business travelers.

Breakfast was decent, property was clean and fairly quiet. Location is good - many shops and restaurants nearby. But if internet access is important, you will have a problem with this property.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Anaheim Hills Yorba Linda, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. Our staff meticulously maintains our property and we are pleased to have provided you with a clean room during your extended stay, in the Anaheim area. Being that our property is conveniently located to a wide variety of shops and restaurants makes our location ideal for business stays. I can understand that Wi-Fi is a vital part of your stay. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience that you may have experienced with our new wireless internet service. We did recently upgrade our wireless service with the goal of providing all guests with fast, secure, and consistent Wi-Fi. Because of comments from yourself and other guests we have investigated the glitch within our new service. Our engineering team has uncovered the cause, for this hiccup, and we have taken immediate action to remedy the propblem. I invite you to contact myself, for any assistance. If your travels bring you to the area again I want to reassure you along with other guests that we can provide the perfect stay that includes uninterrupted lightning wireless speeds.
chandler, AZ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

This is not our first stay with Residence Inn. We always get a two bedroom suite so the kids have their own room. When we checked in the front desk person was not friendly but nothing I would have thought much about. When we opened the door to our suite, I could tell immediately the A/C wasn't working, and there was a strange odor in the room. My niece described this smell as "bottom of a hampster cage." I contacted the front desk only to be told that there was no maintenance personnel on the property and no other employee available to "watch" the front desk so that the person running the front desk (also the person I was speaking with) could come up and check the A/C. No offer of when they would be up or anything else. I wasn't sure what the girl at the front desk knew about air conditioning anyway, so we decided to unpack and wait for the breeze to cool off the room via the windows. Then half the windows wouldn't open. My husband tried and couldn't budge them either. We decided to leave and come back when the room would be cooled down by the outside temp.
In the morning someone from maintenance came to our room and told us to switch the gauge from COOL to FAN. Thinking this was the issue, we did as he said and then left for the day.
When we returned late in the afternoon, the room was still hot. I called the front desk. Two people came to the room. One was a female desk clerk and one was in some type of supervisory role. They fiddled with the gauge and then offered to put us in two different rooms until the maintenance person could look at it the following day. My husband had one child and I had the other in the two separate rooms, so we spent the night apart instead of as a family on our "family vacation". The next day the unit finally got serviced and the A/C worked fine for the rest of the week. Unfortuneately the smell remained but I was afraid to ask to move since they had put us in two separate rooms previously stating they didn't have any two room suites available. I sprayed febreeze and moved on. The next day we met some folks who were staying there long term due to flooding issues at their home. They were frustrated because when they walked their dog the dog mess receptacles on the property were constantly overflowing with trash. After the second day of witnessing this, I contacted the front desk and they stated they would contact housekeeping to empty the trash. The entire stay continued like this. Stupid problems and non responsive customer service. Calling the front desk was unpleasant as the general attitude was "Stop bothering me". When we continued to encounter issues, I filled out the comment card which states "any employee" can be given the comment card. I was specific, listed the issues and left a note asking the housekeeper to take the comment card. No one ever did. When we finally checked out we brought these issues to the attention of the front desk supervisory type person. He told us that they did not feel responsible for the issues as we had not adequately reported them and given them an opportunity to rectify the problems. Nice....won't be staying there again-guaranteed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Anaheim Hills Yorba Linda, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Our staff takes great pride in providing exceptional guest service complementing our well maintained property. Our team members our empowered and given the resources to resolve any range of issues or concerns that could affect a guest stay. Additionally, we have on-call management/technicians for rapid resolution to more urgent guest matters. Further procedures are routinely executed to follow up, with the guest(s), should a problem arise during the stay. The Residence Inn Anaheim Hills is an upscale property that is marketed as providing “the comforts of the modern home” and we know that we must deliver to each guest(s) expectations. Regarding your stay, I was the hotel contact that you have indicated bringing your concerns to and I was also the contact you spoke with upon check out. I want to assure you that I had followed up all issues that you brought to my attention. Several team members also communicated each issue that you brought to their attention. We strive to provide a stay that is flawless and exceeds the guest(s) expectations. If any aspect of your stay does not meet your expectations, we ask for the opportunity to not only make it right but then also go the extra mile you. We keep in mind that guest(s) may not want to express any feedback and know that it is never ideal for a guest to voice a complaint or express dissatisfaction. Our proactive operational approach helps avoid issues such as the trash receptacles filling up and our A/C units are routinely serviced. However, we also proactively seek guest feedback so that we can address an issue and avoid a guest from being inconvenienced. We set high goals for ourselves and thoroughly review all comments to see what areas we can improve and to also recognize what we have done right but we ask for fair and accurate reviews. Please accept my apology that we did not meet the needs of your stay. Feel free to contact myself for any further assistance. You expressed that you will be in the area again soon, and at departure, accepted my invitation for a night back. I wish to convey my invitation again. Please contact me direct as I am confident that your next stay will be nothing short of exceeding your expectations.

Been to Residence Inn Anaheim Hills Yorba Linda? Share your experiences!