“What a load of stench!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Hills

You added Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Hills to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Hills
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1031 North Pacificenter Drive, Anaheim, CA 92806   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #68 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
“What a load of stench!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed here for a while, the rooms were terrible, uncomfortable beds with stains on the padding .. stinky carpet and I tell you what housekeeping don't have a clue. Quick 2 minute job, no dusting or polishing ..
Can't speak English either, you kidding me? How do these people communicate?

I will never stay here again. The reception staff were great though. Helped me everytime.

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Hills, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that the level of cleanliness in your room did not meet your expectations. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have brought this to the attention of my housekeeping and maintenance staff to ensure we improve our procedures so that your experience is not repeated. Still, I am glad that our front desk staff provided you with such great service overall.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at lah@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Oahu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in October 2013 and found it to be a very nice and comfortable hotel. The staff is friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean. I was impressed at the amount of cleaning and general maintenance that is done on a daily basis. The only items that I found missing were a hair dryer and work out facility. There is plenty of parking and I haven't seen or heard and loud people partying or talking late night. My kitchen had most everything you would need to cook with and it was relatively clean. My only complaint would be the recliner in my room. The vinyl was cracked and looked like a cat had used it as a scratching post. (see picture)

Room Tip: I stayed in a corner room with a queen bed and you seem to get a little extra room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Hills, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you had a very nice and comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the friendliness, cleanliness and the general maintenance of our hotel. I would also like to add that certain items such as the hair dryer and shampoo are readily available at the front desk and would like to apologize if you were not informed accordingly.

Newtown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

good for long term out of town folks, full size fridge, 2 stove burners, Microwave, Sink, and 2 place servings. as well as pots, pans and a colander. They provide a grab and go breakfast daily, good coffe, though their is a Starbucks across the street. No pool or fitness center. On site laundry,and other local options - dry cleaners, restaurants, groceries, target, walmart, costco

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Hills, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such positive things about our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that you were happy with the amenities in your room and our location. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Got in here for one night at the last minute. Great rate considering the area. Easy to find from highway.

Wonderful king bed with five comfy pillows. Full size fridge in the kitchen, as well as stove, sink, etc. Everything is nicely decorated and updated. I don't think there was an exhaust fan in the bathroom. At least not one that you can turn on. Nice 32" (I think) LCD tv with plenty of channels. AC unit worked well and had a fan option that I need to sleep.

The bad: I was woke up at 5:30 am (planned on sleeping in til 9) by constant back and forth thumping noise from the guest(s) in the room above me. Had to put in earplugs.

I will definitely stay here again if I am ever in that area again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Hills, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Phillip - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us, and that you enjoyed all of our room amenities. We appreciate you letting us know that you had an issue with the guest making noise above you. We are sorry for the issue, but are happy to read we provided you with a "very nice room".

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I have stayed at alot of hotels but this one by far was the best value for the money. The staff and management team were all very hepful and very friendly. The roons very spacious and clean. All and all a very nice safe and peaceful environment. I really enjoyed my stay and would recomend it to everyone.

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Hills, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that the service provided by the staff at the Hotel was to your satisfaction. Comments such as yours are very encouraging as we continue to go above and beyond for each of our guests to make their stay a great one at our hotel. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

You can not beat the price in regard to what you are receiving with this hotel. Excellent service, clean and spacious rooms including kitchens. It's definitely like a home away from home. I fully recommend Extended Stay Hotels...

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Hills, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay at the Anaheim Hills location went great and the cleanliness and amenities provided were to your satisfaction.

One of the greatest rewards of my job is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours. Our staff at the Extended Stay America Orange County - Anaheim Hills takes pride in creating a memorable, exceptional “home away from home” for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect and deserve.

Once again, thank you for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
Gilbert, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Top of the refrigerator and windows were dirty. Toilet had recently been caulked at the floor but the bolts were either broken or loose and the sewer odor leaked into the room. Over all the room appeared clean until you tried to look out the windows. I cleaned the top of the refrigerator with a disinfectant wipe and presented it to the front desk on check out. It was black. They did offer me a discount for my inconvenience. I think this hotel is too close to the freeway to spend more than a day or two. The pollution from the traffic permeates the air. I left with a dry cough from the smog. I would stay at the other location in Brea next time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Hills, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the cleanliness and the odor you experienced. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are continuously checking the rooms to see that every area is cleaned and fresh for our guests. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your comments. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at lah@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.