“Great time for everyone, even if you don't dance.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ranch Restaurant & Saloon

The Ranch Restaurant & Saloon
1025 E Ball Rd, Anaheim, CA 92805-5957 (The Colony)
714-817-4200
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ranch Restaurant & Saloon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 729 Restaurants in Anaheim
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: The Colony
Cross street: State College
Transit: OCTA Route 46, Route 47
“Great time for everyone, even if you don't dance.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The Ranch feels like a couple USC MBAs who were country fans got together and decided to open a country dance bar. Even though it seems a little "manufactured," they did everything right. And I mean EVERYTHING. The sound/light system is world class. The staff were all super firendly and professional, even when the place got jammed (and it DOES get jammed). The food items in the saloon were tasty and not over-the-top price-wise. The band/DJ mix is great and if you ARE a country dancer, you will get all your favorites for sure.

• Visited July 2013

Haymarket, Virginia
“If you like meat”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The bar was just bad. One drink had to be returned because it tasted just like soap. I didn't finish mine. The wine prices were so out of wack with reality that we did not order wine. The food was very well prepared, promptly served, and well presented. Nothing spectacular. Just well prepared with prices higher than I expected. (High by New York standards were I was last week.) The wait staff was friendly, a little intrusive and not well coordinated. They need a good captain of tables. Being called The Ranch, I should have expected that vegetables would not be a part large part of the menu. They were much less than I expected. There was only 1 valet for the car service and he did not take people in order. Management did not setup a method of service; it depended upon how much you were willing to jump in front of people. My dinner companions made it a good evening - not the

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“The Saloon...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

The Ranch is divided into two parts. One side is a restaurant and the other side is a saloon. Both are beautifully decorated... I would call it classy-country.
This review is specifically on the saloon. If you're looking for a place to hang out, have a drink with some friends and maybe learn to do some country dancing (partner or line dancing) this is a great place to do it.
You don't have to dance to have a good time here. If you're a beginner, it's fun to watch the dancing. If learning to dance is what you're looking for, they have dance lessons Wednesday through Sunday (live bands on Fridays and Saturdays, DJ other nights) and their instructors are great. I've learned more here than I have in line dance classes.
One of my favorite things about this place is the variety of people -- all ages and types. I can be with the girls one week, my mom and dad the next and or go there for a date night with my boyfriend.
I also wanted to offer a different perspective from a couple of the other reviews...
-One review mentioned that there are a lot of rules. I've only heard a couple called out, but they are things such as "no drinks on the dance floor" (understandable). The rules seem to be more around keeping the patrons safe and ensuring the flow is conducive to the style of dancing.
-The review also mentioned that you can't do a partner dance without a male partner. I regularly see girls doing a partner dance with another girl and haven't seen anyone stopped or pulled off the floor.
-The Saloon is medium in size and it does get crowded (especially after 9:30/10), so yes seating can be difficult... but it's crowded because it's a FUN place. Go early to get a seat!

Service... In the months I've been going there, I've consistently received good service. Even when the place is packed the wait staff does a pretty good job of checking in. I've never experienced a wrong order or had a bad meal there. I also appreciate that they have self serve "water stations" for those times when you've been dancing and you don't want to flag someone down for a glass of water.
They can get picky on saving tables and chairs...

Food... The beef sliders with their seasoned fries are the best! The fried pickles and the artichoke are both yummy too! Pass on the deviled eggs.

Before going I recommend reading their website for the events, dress code, etc to see what night suits you best (classic country, line dancing, family night,etc).
I also think people appreciate that they can come in shorts, jeans, cowboy boots-- it's nice to have that nice but casual atmosphere, where you can drink, dance, listen to good music and be comfortable!

I think this is a great place for locals and visitors... I have seen all types of people, there for various reasons, having a great time.
Have some fun and do something a little different!

• Visited June 2013
Rijeka, Croatia
“Terrible club with a 100 rules!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Terrible:
-You cant stand here or there or over yonder, must keep moving must keep moving!
-Can't sit here or over there.
-Circled the entire place bout 4 times before we found a spot to park our rumps all the while, empty seats reserved for "god knows who"
-Cant get a table unless u pay min 25$
-Rules, Rules, and some more Rules (You cannot even pull a barstool up to another table, u cant freestyle on the dancefloor, cant dance too slow either or ull get kicked off etc)
-You can't dance here, but you can dance there. U cant dance without a MALE partner! U cant dance if u dont know how to line dance! u cant stand in front of the dance floor or on the sides!! ull get kicked out!
-Owner goes on stage and gives you more rules!
-waiters and waitreeses give u the wrong drinks! not polite at all!!

Its overpriced, overcrowded and overrated!!!!!!!! a real nazi camp!!! They treat u like animals!!!!
THIS PLACE IS A JOKE!!!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Yorba Linda, California
“Great decor! Great service! Great food! You pay for what you get.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I wanted a night out that was a little different but nice and The Ranch filled the bill. From the time I called to make the reservation (Ashley was very helpful) until we finished our meal, the service was spectacular. The dark, rich decor of beautiful wood and the accent walls made from old leather belts artfully pieced together combined with excellent ambient lighting hints at the sophisticated experience ahead. We were seated quickly and our waiter and the rest of the wait staff were attentive while not being intrusive. The butternut squash soup was excellent as was the organic greens salad. My wife had the Chilean Sea Bass and loved the lobster risotto stating it was so light it was like eating air. The "petite" filet is still a good sized portion and was cooked perfectly medium rare all the way through. Although our dinner and a couple drinks was $150 with tip, it was worth it. After dinner we were afforded free admission to the saloon via a separate line for restaurant guests. Line dancing and the two-step were the activities of the night. The owner came out on stage to promote a charity drive for Moore, Oklahoma by pledging to match up to $2,000 in donations. Obviously, great heart too! We will be back.

• Visited May 2013