“Good experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
utah
“Good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2005

It's not fancy; there's no room service, doors are external, the pool is small, and the tub in the bathroom is narrow, with a low shower head. BUT...it's squeaky clean. The pool and hot tub are nice, even though they're small, the fridge is a good size, the continental breakfast is fine, pretty much par for the course (muffins, cereal, toast, juice, etc). We were on the north side, 2nd floor, in a minisuite, and it was quiet and convenient. I felt safe staying here, and I can't emphasize enough how very clean it was. Good family atmosphere, and the location can't be beat. Free parking, helpful staff. They directed us to pizza places and grocery stores, replaced our lost breakfast vouchers, accommodated our slightly late checkout, and responded promptly to our requests. I would definitely stay here again, and probably will!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2005

A friend and I stayed here for one night on April 22nd, 2005. I booked my stay online through the Best Western website. I was very happy to get a hotel right across the street from Disneyland. I requested a non-smoking room, since I dont smoke, and neither does my friend.

We were coming from another hotel in Los Angeles and checked in around 8am. I mainly just wanted to park the car and get across the street to start my Disney Day! I was informed by the lady at the desk, that there were no more non-smoking room, and I would be given a smoking room. I asked since it was so early, and I didnt need the room right now, if they would have some open up. She said she wasnt sure, but most likely. They said if not, they would spray some air freshener in the room to make it smell better. I was confident they could place me in a non smoking room, as SOMEONE would probably have checked out that day.

I went to Disneyland and had a blast. After a while I called the hotel to ask if they had any non smoking rooms available. I was told by a desk service member, that there were no non smoking rooms available, and that I would be given a smoking room. I then politely told them that I couldnt sleep in a smoking room as I am not a smoker. I then asked if I could get a refund if the room was unsleepable. He told me to hold on while he talked to the manager. When he came back, he told me that they would be able to upgrade me to a non smoking room with two queen beds for no extra charge. I thanked him very much for his trouble, and went on my way. I definately believe that I would have gotten nothing if I was rude. I was nice, polite and thanked him for taking the time to check for me. It makes ALL the difference in the world when you are nice when you ask for something.

When I got to the hotel, and talked to the desk clerk to get my room, I was tired and happy to be getting to bed. We got to the room, and saw immediately that it was a ADA (handicapped) room. It was spacious, and the bathroom shower had a detachable head, which I believe all hotels should have!

All in all, I was happy with the stay. The hotel desk clerks were always helpful and cheerful. The breakfast was meager to say the least so we went downstairs to the restaurant and ordered the breakfast buffet. It was good, and filling and was only $8.00.

The beds were very comfortable, and I slept better there than I had the entire week. I would definately recommend the Park Place Inn and Mini Suites.

Edmonton, AB
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2005

Our family of 5 stayed from the 8-13 Apr. Mini-Suite was just right for us. It was clean and well kept. Staff was friendly and helpful. The free breakfast ( toast, 2 types of ceral, fruit ) was okay for a couple of days. Try Millies down the street at Fairfields. The pool and hot tub was a great way to end the day, or, since we were so close to DL, it made a nice mid day break. Shower head was low, 5 1/2 feet, maybe. A/C was quiet and worked well. We enjoyed our stay.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2005

I took my daughter to Disneyland for her 10th birthday and we stayed at the BW Park Place Inn. I wasn't extremely happy with the room but am glad we ended up staying. The staff is wonderful, the room was always clean and the best part was that we got a great FREE breakfast every morning-even pancakes if you want them and my daughter ate for free with every meal I paid for myself. We saved a ton of money on food. There was one particular employee and I wish I knew her name to give her credit but she helps at the breakfast bar in the mornings. She was wonderful and picked up on our morning habits which included bringing us a pitcher of ice cold water for our platypus backpack every morning. My daughter loved the pool because it wasn't overwhelmingly large and I liked it for the hot tub attached where I could sit and relax and watch her swim. With all the walking you do it makes a huge difference staying directly across the street. We returned last year in April again and wouldn't stay anywhere else-our favorite morning employee greeted us (she remembered us!) and my daughter couldn't wait to get back into HER pool. Stay on the ground level as close to the pool as possible and have fun!

• Stayed April 2004
calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2005

Chose this hotel based on the reviews on this site. Wanted a hotel that was close to Disney and this was certainly the place! We were back and forth a few times a day and as we had 5 day passes we often commented that we were happy to be so very close. It is quite simply the closest hotel. The rooms were not luxurious but we did not expect that. They were large with 2 queen beds and a sofa bed. Lots of room for 2 adults and 2 teenage boys. The fridge and microwave were also very useful. It was nice to have the sink area outside the bathroom. Lots of towels (6 large towels every day). Maid service was always prompt. People have commented that the breakfasts were very basic ( not too much to eat if you happened to be on a no - carb diet!). But enough to keep you going for a while. We found the desk to be very friendly and helpful. We had rented a car and did not experience any parking problems (as some others suggested) although it was full for the several days we stayed. I asked for a room on top floor near front and that is just what we received. The kids enjoyed the pool and we enjoyed the hot tub. I would recommend this hotel to anyone just because its most excellent location (and it is a solid 3.5 star hotel - do not expect more - or less).

• Stayed March 2005
Fowler, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2005

This was a great place to stay. It was so close to the front entrance gate. 3 minute walk to either California Adventure or Disneyland. Room was not great but it was very clean. Shower was made for a short person. Refridgerator and microwave was a nice touch and came in handy. Other resturants were real close and convient.

Free breakfast is nothing to rave about but hey it is free and kept us full until lunch.

Overall I will stay here the next time we go to Disneyland for vacation due to the convience.

Stayed April 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2005

We stayed 2 night early April to visit Disneyland.

On checking in we were told we had a room facing Disneland - excellent!
On opening the door we discovered it was a smoking room - terrible!

We called reception who said we hadn't requested a non-smoking room. We booked on the internet so it's possible there wasn't the option to select non-smoking (we'd booked an entire itiniery on the internet and some did and some didn't have that option). They offered us a non-smoking room but it faced a brick wall, or they could send maintenance up with a deodorizing machine to see if that helped enough that we'd be happy to keep that room. We went to downtown Disney to fill in an hour and when we came back were happy enough with the deodorizing that we decided to stick with the smoking room. We just kept our window and door open whenever possible and had the airconditioning going all the time. It worked out fine. Reception were very helpful with this and we called them back to thank them.

The room itself was great. There was more than enough space to move about, we had 2 double beds, a table and chairs, a desk with phone and chair, television with in room movies, fridge and microwave and enough room in the area leading to the bathroom to store luggage out of the way. The bathroom was big enough and everything was clean and well maintained.

We didn't use the pool or hot tub, it was swarming with kids - it looked small but ok. We used the laundry which was extremely useful for us. The front desk was helpful and friendly (maybe it's the Aussie accent that does it). I made a phone call home - telling them to ring me back - and didn't even get charged for that call (no charge less than 1 minute).

The free parking was a bonus and we could leave our car there the last day so we had til after lunch at Disneyland again before heading off.

Just like everyone says the location is the best. It was awesome to just walk across to the front gate in just a few minutes. There were heaps of eating places in easy walking distance.

We'd definitely stay again. The price was right, the location excellent, the staff helpful.

• Stayed April 2005

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn - Mini Suites? Share your experiences!