“Another Great Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 111 hotels in Anaheim
Arizona
“Another Great Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Our family of 6 (2 adults, 4 kids under 14) recently stayed at what has become our favorite non-Disney hotel. This will have been our 4th time staying as a family and once again, the hotel and staff met our every expectation. Check-in was a breeze, the room was great, and of course the 5 minute walk to the front gates of Disneyland and California Adventure can't be beat. Our room was clean and fresh every day we came back from the parks for our afternoon rest up. Likewise, when we came back for the night, the room was quiet and comfortable. Bottom line, if you are looking for a nice hotel within walking distance of the park with great staff and affordable rates, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room to the rear of the hotel. This will keep you away from the noise on Harbor Blvd. and...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for staying with us again during your visit to the Disney Resort. We greatly appreciate your comments and compliments as well as taking the time to write a review. We look forward to your next visit.

1,127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Rocklin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Can't get any closer without being in one of the Disney hotels! Hot tub and pool always full of kids -- no room for grown ups in hot tub :( Free continental breakfast.... you get what you "pay" for, but hey it was free :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our property. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and hope we will see you again soon.

Tacoma,WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Well, where to start. I booked this off a recommendation of a friend and after reading the reviews I still felt ok.I book directly through BW since I am a rewards member. I kept looking for better deals but figured at just under $100 before tax and parking I would stay with this hotel for the location and price. I kept looking at other hotels and hesitated to switch and stuck with this due to the reviews mostly.

The good-
Staff is friendly and accommodating

We got into town early so check to see when we could get our room. Front desk staff was friendly and let me do all the paperwork and stated they would call when a room was ready. Before I left the lobby they saw me and stated it was ready. They gave us an upper level room which made me happy but it didn’t have a sofa bed so we had to switch rooms. I was impressed they were already calling me in that room to ask how it was when I mentioned the sofa bed issue they stated they could fix it. We got a lower level room near the front of the hotel. I didn’t really think about it at the time after flying and driving and just happy to have a room. More on how this cursed me later.

Location!

The location of this hotel can’t be beat if you want to be on the front steps of Disney. It’s literally I think one of the closest hotels, yes even closer than Disney hotels.

The bad-

Wi Fi- It sucks! I don’t even understand why you offer it if it’s that bad. I mean it’s like being a restaurant knowing you have bad fries but you serve them anyway. I would rather pay for a good connection. Needing to be on the internet at night even while I am on vacation was nearly impossible and a hassle.

Breakfast- It’s so so. They had hot food which was the typical runny eggs you might see at other hotels, sausage, waffles, etc.. They had cold items such as cereal, fruit, and yogurt. It was edible and included so I won’t harp on it too much. Kind of like my above analogy…you know its crappy and probably subpar but you offer it as free so people can’t really complain. You eat at the restaurant next door on the upper level. Eating this food doesn’t do the restaurant (Captain Kidds?) any huge benefit. It makes me not want to eat there actually.

The ugly-

The room! Was the nosiest I have ever stayed in, in my life! And I have traveled a lot and reviewed a lot of hotels as you might see by my profile. The hotel guests and bad parents( you know who you are!) who let their kids run down the outside corridor late at night (9 -11pm) screaming and yelling right outside rooms, or the people who would stop and talk on their cell phone in front of my room, or the kids above us who ran around late at night. It felt like the roof was going to cave in. all this on This on top of the delivery trucks and garbage trucks for the restaurant that has their delivery entrance like 20 feet from the lower level rooms. We have a toddler so we have our daughter in bed by 9 at the latest but this noise went on throughout the night and into the early morning. One night a room two doors down even shattered the hotel window! The hotel should limit foot traffic in front of the rooms to those staying in that section or have a sign up reminding people(as if you would think they need it) they are walking in front of peoples rooms!

The room, continued- When we pulled out the sofa bed it had used tissue on it and plastic used silverware! It was obvious that this was not cleaned. The pillow had a disgusting stain on it! This made me start looking some more wanting to do my best Hotel impossible impression and break out a black light. Lots of debris on the floor and the more we looked the more we had some concerns. The bed sheets were clean and the bathroom was clean which was good. We really thought about leaving the hotel but the long travel day,knowing we really only had a couple nights here, and that I already paid in full, we just went through with it.

Overall, I wouldn’t stay here again no matter the price or the location. I would rather stay somewhere else even at $20 or $25 a night more. I should have gone with my gut and switched. This was the worst hotel of our vacation and the worst I have stayed at in a long, long time. I know you’re not at the room much but you should expect a couple things no matter what the price is and that’s a clean room. Any hotel can be noisy I guess but the room should be clean and ours wasn’t. I am still trying to figure out how it’s a top 15 hotel for this area? Are all the rest that bad? I am not that picky but this was not what I expected.

Room Tip: if you must stay here, 3rd floor on opposite side of restaurant!!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. All comments help us improve the service we provide to our guests. I am truly sorry you did not enjoy your stay. I do wish we had been notified so we could have addressed your concerns. Yes your room should always be clean and all issues were addressed with housekeeping. Unfortunately we can not limit access for outside corridors, especially due to the placement of the elevators. Again I do apologize for your experience. Please feel free to contact me. We would like you to stay with us again so you can experience the true Best Western Plus Park Place Inn experience.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The best thing about this motel was the location; the crosswalk to the Disneyland and CAP entrances is just outside. It was close enough to the parks to pop out during the day. The motel is older-style with exterior corridors. It has been remodelled on the outside, but the rooms are tired and compact. The pool is small and visible to anyone walking past. The included breakfast is provided upstairs at Captain Kidds restaurant next door; the selection was reasonable, but all pre-packaged or pre-cooked. It was hard to get a table and the staff looked jaded.

Issues - The kids' sofa bed was the most uncomfortable bed they had slept in during our month-long trip. We were on the ground floor and woken by a garbage truck each morning. The wifi was non-workable, either not being able to connect or dropping off after a few minutes. Parking was $10/day and we were charged for four nights, although we had only requested the first night (returned rental car the next morning). Our Amex travel card was initially refused, although it had been accepted at every previous motel and hotel in which we had stayed.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. All comments received from our guests helps us improve our service. Unfortunately without knowing your name I cannot look into your reservation to check the issues on your account, but I do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.
I do hope you notified the front desk regarding the sofa bed. We do have replacement mattresses as well as sofa's if it is not just the mattress.
I do apologize that we did not fully meet your expecations and hope you will give us another chance if you come back to the area.

Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We have stayed at the BW Park Place Inn twice now when visiting Anaheim, and since the last time we stayed, the hotel's main lobby exterior has received a nice upgrade. The breakfast is heads and tails above our last stay as well, with many hot items (eggs, ham, waffles, potatoes, sausage) as well as pastries, toast, cereal, yogurt, and fruit. It's a nice way to start a big day at Disney and a huge money saver.
The rooms, however, could really use an update. The furniture is quite dated and although the rooms are always clean they are getting a bit dingy. The wifi was brutally inconsistent, which made it very troublesome when trying to get in touch with the person who was looking after our house, finding maps and directions for various activities during the trip, and checking in for flights. It seemed worse mid-morning and at night when everyone was in their rooms attempting to get on at the same time. Parking was $10 a day, which is a bit steep for regular motel parking (which is generally free) but is par for the course for the Disneyland Resort area.
That aside, the location cannot be beat and seeing your hotel as soon as you leave the Disneyland area is a welcome relief for your feet. It served its purpose as we spend very little time in the hotel when visiting Disneyland, but I would definitely like to see the Park Place Inn put a little love into their aging rooms.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for returning the BW Park Place Inn and for sharing your experience. Thank you for your compliments. We will be making improvements over the next few years. We hope you will enjoy some of the improvements when you next visit us. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to your next visit.

Richmond, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

This is a great location when visiting Disneyland. All we had to do was walk across the street and we were on the Disneyland property as you see in the pictures from other guests. My husband picked the room and he told me it across from the park but I didn't realize how close the park was to the hotel. There were other hotels in the area but this was the closest. The employees at the front desk were very nice and helpful in finding center things around the area. Each morning we went to the restaurant for a very nice breakfast awaiting us. We had eggs, potatoes, ham or sausage, donuts, muffins, cereals and fruit with several beverages. You will not regret staying here. We had a room on the back of the property and it was nice and quiet. Very spacious and clean!!!! We loved staying here and if we ever get to the area again we will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay in the back of the hotel away from the street noise. First floor was great to unpack and pack...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us during your trip to Disneyland. We are very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay , the helpfullness of the employees and the complimentary breakfast. Your comments and compliments are greatly appreciated and we do hope it make it back to the area soon.

Brentwood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Comfortable and clean room has a refrigerator, microwave and a sofa bed. The staff was very helpful in finding a room for my son and his family who came in a day early. The location is great right at the crosswalk to Disneyland just a short distance to the parks and Downtown Disney.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy we were able to help your son and his family. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Thank you and take care.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn - Mini Suites? Share your experiences!