“Perfect location for Disneyworld and helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #8 of 111 hotels in Anaheim
Toronto, Canada
“Perfect location for Disneyworld and helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed for two nights with my wife and daughter. It was the perfect location as we were in town to visit Disneyland and the location made it easy for us to get back and forth from the resort.

Plus:
-Staff super helpful with planning rest of trip. We were heading up Highway 1 and the staff took 20 minutes to highlight their personal favourite places to stop
-Location

Neutral:
-Breakfast was free / all you can eat brunch but the quality was below average
-Rooms were large but a bit shabby

Bad:
-Wifi was free but extremely slow

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Disneyland. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I am happy we were able to help you plan your drive up Highway 1. There is beautiful scenery and fun places to stop. I hope we will see you again.

1,280 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Bozeman, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed here June 2013 for 6 nights with our 3 kids. The room was spacious and clean. (As others have noted, white socks got dirty within minutes of running around on the carpets, but I don't think that can be avoided when you stay this close to DL during the busy season.) We always had enough towels, but they really didn't provide many washcloths, (maybe 2 or 3), and with 3 little ones, it really wasn't enough. The first day we were there, we went to the room for a nap at 2pm and they still hadn't cleaned the room. The next 4 days they must have figured out we have young children and they did have it cleaned in the morning, but if you have little ones and are hoping to come back for an afternoon nap, it might be worth letting the staff know so you don't have to wait.

The continental breakfast was filling and there was a good variety; bananas, apples, oranges, yogurt, juices, tea, coffee, and hash browns, ham or sausages, frozen waffles, eggs, donuts, and bagels.

The beds were comfortable, I shared one with my two girls, and we had plenty of room. We chose not to use the couch as a bed, but it was in a nice sitting area and I had plenty of room to park my stroller when we were in the room.

We did not get a chance to go to the pool. I was a bit surprised at how small it appeared, but we didn't go to Anaheim to go swimming. :)

The wifi was not very good. Every single time I got onto the internet I would have to log in again. And it would drop my connection frequently.

We were in a second floor room, and we did not have any problems with noise. We could hear the fireworks go off from our room, but it wasn't terrible.

We have also stayed at both Paradise Pier and the Disneyland Hotel in the last couple years. In comparison, the room here was more spacious than the rooms we stayed in at either of those, and it was a closer walk to the park from this location than PP.

Overall, we were very pleased with our stay here, and would definitely consider staying here again if we return to Disneyland.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to the Disney Resort Area. Thank you for sharing your experience. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I thank you for your compliments. We do hope you will stay with us during your next visit to the area.

california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed here July 6-8. The hotel is very quiet even for the doors facing outside. The rooms are nice and cozy and comfortable beds. The only issue we had was with the WiFi which is not the best if you use an iPad or your phone. The location is awesome as you are right across the street from Disneyland, California Adventure and Downtown Disney. Parking is $10 a day and they do offer a continental breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you for staying with us during your visit to the Disney Resort Area. We enjoyed having you as our guests. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and the location within the Resort Area. We hope to see you again.

Dublin, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Deceptive advertising! I booked a 2 QUEEN bed mini suite. What I got was a suite with 2 FULL size beds. When I went down to the registration desk to inquire about the size of the bed, they said that the room I was given were in fact QUEEN beds. The clerk at the front desk was nice enough to take me to room 305, which is also suppose to have queen beds, so that I can compare the beds. I told the clerk that the beds in room 305 are the same size as my bed in room 250, and that they are not queen beds. I asked her "does that look like a queen to you?" Her answer "I don't know how big a queen size should be." I went back to my room and did some research. It seems this is a Best Western issue, and not just this particular location. Others have also complained of the size of the bed. I later spoke to the supervisor about this issue and she again tried to reiterate that the beds are indeed queen size. She said that the full size beds that they have is smaller than the ones I have. I brought up the issue about other people online complaining about the size of the bed as well. The supervisor said that those are customers that booked 2 double beds and assumed they had booked queen beds. WOW, they actually believe their customers are that stupid. When I book a room that states queen beds, I expect it to be queen beds. Don't give me a run around about how it is bigger than their "full size beds". No matter how the words are being twisted, the bed is not a queen, it is a FULL size bed! The supervisor did offer to move me to a different location, but after a long day at Disneyland who wants to pack all their stuff and move to a different hotel. Again the issue is not the hotel itself, but the fact that they are advertising a 2 Queen Bed Mini Suite, but are actually offering a suite with 2 Full size beds. 1 star for the good location, 0 stars for a staff that acts stupid and don't know what a queen size bed is.

Room Tip: Don't expect the correct size bed that you originally booked for!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your concerns. I am sorry that you did not believe that your room consisted of queen size beds. The beds are 60" x 80" which is a queen size. You were taken to another mini-suite to show that your beds were not smaller than those in other mini-suites. When that was not sufficient we offered to show you a room with full size beds so you could see the difference in the bed sizes. This offer was turned down as well as the offer to find alternative accomodations at no penalty so you would be more comfortable during the last night of your stay. I am truly sorry you feel that you were a victim of deceptive advertising. Queen beds are not much larger than full size beds (only 6" x 5" difference), and in a large hotel room can appear smaller.
Please feel free to contact me with you would like to discuss this further.

Kelly Laimana
Front Office Manager
LIVERMORE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel so we could be close to Disneyland. In that respect, it was a perfect match. The hotel is nothing spectacular, but it serves its purpose. The employees were wonderful; very helpful and kind...actually seemed to go out of their way to help us when our daughter became very ill and had to go to Urgent Care. The rooms are ok...again, it served the purpose. The sofa bed was pretty bad...it was like a deep abyss. My husband slept in the spoon shaped bed each night. The wireless is the WORST. You have to keep logging in to the WiFi...if 5 minutes went by when I was not using the WiFi, I would have to sign in again...even if I was still in the room! Even when you sign in, the WiFi wouldn't work/connect half the time.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing your experience. I do apologize for the beds. We hope you will stay with us again. If you ever have trouble with anything in the rooms while staying here, including the beds, please let us know so we can address it immediately. Our goal is to ensure you have a relaxing and restful stay with us so you can enjoy your visit to the Disney Resort. We hope to see you again.

San Jacinto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stay at this property twice a year when visiting Disneyland. It is clean, comfortable, and affordable. It is right across the street from the Disneyland Main Entrance Plaza. It is actually a shorter walk than the Disney hotels.

Another feature is they partner with Anaheim Medical Supply for rentals of mobility scooters at a better rate than at Disneyland, which frequently runs out of scooters to rent.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms are quieter
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for returning to the Best Western Plus Park Place Inn. We enjoy having you stay with us during your visits to the Disney Resort Area. Your compliments are appreciated and we look forward to your next visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at here June 24th thru the the 29th, I took a family trip to Disneyland. We usually stay at Park Vue next door but with the cost and the loss of amenities they once gave I decided to go else where.
I tried out the best western for the first time and when we arrived I was greeted with a smile from there friendly staff. I wasn't supposed to check in till after 3pm but when I arrived at around 10am I was expecting a wait to get into a room but they had a room waiting when I arrived.
When I checked out on Friday our flight wasn't till 6pm so the hotel heald our bags even after we checked out so we could spend the day in Downtown Disney to shop. I would defiantly stay here again. In fact I am planing to revisit again with the kids spring break! I can't wait! Best Western Park Place Inn is my hotel choice from now on!!!

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to the Disney Resort Area. I am very pleased to read we were able to help get off to a nice early start. It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed the ammenities and our friendly staff. We look forward to seeing you and your family during spring break.

Thank you and take care.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn - Mini Suites? Share your experiences!