“It's just okay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Hatillo, Puerto Rico
“It's just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Best thing is location. The hotel was under construction, so it helped to have security staff help get out of the parking. Can't complain, room was clean, staff was nice, the complimentary breakfast got boring.....everyday the same thing.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am sorry we did not exceed your expectations during your stay. I do hope you were comfortable during your stay and that you enjoyed your trip to the area.

Thank you and take care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
LONDON UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

I seriously do not understand how this place can get any negative reviews. Just spent 3 nights here with wife and our 3 yr old. The rooms are huge by European standards. Our room was located near the swimming pool and was pleasantly quiet allowing for a comfortable nights sleep. The room was exceptionally clean.
The location is the best you will find outside of the resort itself. Literally across the road. The staff at reception were attentive and polite. The continental breakfast at captain kidds next door was more than ample. Scrambled eggs, tasty sausages and potatoes for those that like a cooked brekkie. There were also Bagels pastries fruits and cereals. Ok it might get a bit boring if you are staying a week but for us, it was all we needed to set us up for the big day ahead at Disney.
I could not recommend this place more highly.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for staying with us while you and your family visited the Disney Resort. We greatly appreciate your compliments and your recommendation of our property. It was a pleasure to read about your experience with us. We hope you will return to The States and visit us again soon.

San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We travel to Disneyland frequently since we live in San Diego and have annual passes. We are grandparents and travel with our children and grandchildren. We have stayed at several properties over the last 8 years and this property was the most disappointing place we have ever stayed at, not just in Anaheim, but in any of our travels.

Bookings, rooms, food, parking, and other services were very poor quality and the final straw was when I tried to talk to someone to get try and recover a very bad experience, I was given a standard reply (probably been given many times before) that it is what it is and there was nothing they were willing to do.

We ended up missing several hours of Disneyland park time and ended up going home early because of the stress that was caused by the staff being unwilling to even attempt to work something out.

My personal recommendation, avoid staying at this place or you may have your Disneyland experience negatively affected as was ours.

(Note: I am also filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau based on misrepresentations of the rate quoted and the final rate charged.)

Room Tip: Pick another property.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
I am very sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. I do understand you were disappointed that we could not extend your parking into the evening. Our check out time is 11 am with a courtesy parking extension until 3 pm. With our parking being limited, we do need to ensure that our arriving guests have a place to park. We truly wish we could let our departing guests park longer than the extend time. Unfortunately our parking lot is not large enough to accommodate Disney parking as well as hotel guests. I do also apologize if there was a discrepancy with your rate. It does not appear this was brought to our attention. You did receive the AAA rate and were charged the 17% tax plus the parking fee. This is all listed on confirmations that are sent to you. We do ask you to confirm the rate at check in. We also confirm charges at check out. These steps are taken to avoid or catch any errors or mistakes. Please contact us so we can clear up any possible issues.
Again I am very sorry you did not enjoy your stay and that we were not able to resolve the parking situation to your satisfaction. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss this further.

Kelly Laimana
Front Office Manager
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed here for one night recently and perfect for a Disneyland stay! Checked in by 1pm(can check in as early as Noon) and was able to just walk across the street and into the parks. Parking is only $10 and covers from check till 3pm when you check out, or at least when it's the next day. Really helped since we finally got up early to get the Cars Fast Pass. The next day we juts went back to the car before 3pm and moved it to one of the Disney parking lots. Since most passes now include free parking(or at least when bought via AAA) it was super convenient.

Rooms are comfortable enough, clean though a little on the old side for decor. Stay includes free breakfast at the buffet place across the street so toast, cereal, eggs. Nothing special but I didn't mind it at all. Also very friendly staff.

Not super cheap but you pay a premium for the location. Book early to get a good rate!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. I would just like to clarify a couple things for anyone reading. Check in is at 3 pm. Earlier check in is based strictly on availability. Check out is at 11 am but we do extend the parking until 3pm at no charge as a courtesy to our guests. Our breakfast does include toaster waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, ham, potatoes, pastries, muffins, bagels and cream cheese, toast, yogurt, 4 types of cereal, oatmeal, 3 kinds of fresh fruit, juice, coffe, hot chocolate, milk, and tea.

Again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

I am an annual passholder so we frequently stay in the Anaheim/disney area. This hotels location is all it has going for it. Te front staff night manager is just horrible. Ruined out stay I complained because they ran out of parking and had us park at a nearby hotel. When we went for our vehicle it was smoked in...ashes everywhere. We had our 3 year old daughter with us and the smell was unbearable. There are several hotels directly across the street. Park Vue or Dessert are better choices and very accommodating

• Stayed June 2013
I would like to apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. Your reservation was changed after the cancellation policy however as a courtesy we allowed you to change your dates. When called again to change the dates back we did allow it again, as a courtesy. However the stipulation was made and noted by the supervisor that parking would not be available for your stay and you would have to park offsite if you wished to change your dates. Due to limited parking I did enforce the off site parking. As far as smoking in your car, I do know the owner of the valet company strictly prohibts anything of that kind. It has been mentioned to him so he can address the issue.
Again I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. Perhaps you will give us another chance so you can experience the service for which our guests continuously return.

Waterloo, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The hotel is right across the street from Disneyland. The rooms are spacious and well laid out. It was clean and the staff were accommodating and pleasant.
Was a solo traveler this trip and felt a little uncomfortable heading to my room at night but that probably has more to do with me than the hotel itself.
I arrived early so they held my bags so I could do a fully day/2 park touring. I returned well into the evening and had a perfect nights sleep on comfy beds.
I would certainly return here with my family should we ever venture cross country again! The only thing I would not do is eat the restaurant again....go to the IHOP next door.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your trip to Disney. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you enjoyed your time in the Disney Resort and hope you and your family are able to come here soon for a visit.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel is directly across the street from the entrance to Disneyland. It is closer to the park than the Disney properties. If you have little ones and need a place for an afternoon nap or a snack or to grab a jacket, this is the perfect place to stay. The room was clean and had plenty of beds for our four kids. It is a little noisy with kids running around early in the morning to make it to Disneyland but that is what you would expect staying so close to the park. The breakfast at Captain Kidd's next door is abysmal. Plan on paying for food elsewhere or bring your own and stash it in the in room fridge but do not eat the included breakfast. Overall this was a perfect place for my family to stay to visit Disneyland. The room was not fancy but was clean and had everything we needed. The pool was small but just the right size and depth for my children. The front desk staff was helpful and efficient. I would recommend this hotel for families visiting the park.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing your experience. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. If you wouldn't mind, we would like to hear what you did not like about the breakfast. We do serve Toaster waffles, scrambled eggs, sauasage, ham, potatoes, pastries, donuts, bagels and cream cheese, muffins, toast, yogurt, 4 types of cereal, oatmeal, 3 different fresh fruits, juice, coffee, milk, tea, and hot chocolate.
We do thank you for your compliments and look forward to seeing you again.

Thank you and take care.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn - Mini Suites? Share your experiences!