“Amazing location....” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 114 Hotels in Anaheim
nelson
“Amazing location....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We recently stayed six nights at BWPPI while on a family holiday to Disneyland.
The location cannot be beat, directly across from the entrance to Disneyland which is a major plus after a long day and half the night walking around the parks.
Our room faced over the pool & we were very happy with it. I thought there was plenty of room for our family of four & quite a bit of luggage.
Breakfast next door was a great start to the day & there was always plenty of food including fruit.
Although there was alot of construction happening at the front of the property this did not effect us in any way.
We highly recommend BWPPI & will be staying here next time we visit Disney.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We greatly appreciate you sharing your experience through your review. I am very pleased you enjoyed our recently expanded breakfast and that the construction did not effect your stay. Thank you for recommending us. We look forward to having you stay with us on your next visit.

Thank you and take care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Windsor, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

First they were not truthful. Their website clearly states their lobby is under construction from 9:00 am til 4:00pm, when each of the 4 days we were there the noise began at 7:30. The construction is also not limited to the lobby. They jack hammered all the way along the sidewalk. Disneyland doesn't open til 10:00 and some mornings we would have liked to relax longer. Second the area near the bathroom sink smells like rotten eggs, so whoever sleeps on the bed closest gets to enjoy that. Third, the toilet got clogged and when we called they never came, had to call again the next morning. Fourth, if you do not stay on the 3rd floor, it is very noisy with people above you. One advantage is the close proximity to the park, just have to walk across the street

Room Tip: Stay on top floor when construction is complete
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
I would first like to thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. However we were quite truthful. The following is copied directly from our website (Starting January 2013 to June 2013, the hotel will be making improvements to the lobby, the entryway and the front exterior of the property. These enhancements will be from 9am to 4pm daily). There would be no construction at 7:30 am. Trash trucks do arrive about that time and I do understand that the beeping can be loud. However, unfortunately we have no control over their arrival time. I am sorry for the trouble you experienced with your room. I do wish I had been made aware so I could have taken care of it for you. There were a number of options available including moving your room or finding you a hotel that would have been more suitable to your needs. Please feel free to contact me. I do hope you will give us another chance to serve you. Construction is scheduled to be completed in June.

Kelly Laimana
Nipawin, Saskatchewan, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

8 of us stayed here for a week, 4 kids 11, 8, 6, and 5 months and 4 adults. It was absolutely perfect for our Disneyland vacation!
Pro's:
1. This is as close as you can get to the entrance, without paying the huge hotel dollars at the Disneyland hotels. No waiting for shuttles and an easy afternoon walk back to rest. We also had a couple of other tours, and the busses pick you up right in front of this hotel.
2. We had adjoining 2 Queen suites on the third floor. They had lots of room for our large group and all of our bags.
3. The rooms were very clean. The cleaning staff did a great job and never interrupted us!
4. The continental breakfast next door. It had everything you needed to start your day! It had hot food, cereal, bagels, toast, and muffins. The staff was polite and very efficient, even when it was VERY busy. The tables would be cleared and cleaned quickly, and the food NEVER ran out.
5. The staff was very polite and courteous. We were checked in and out efficiently.
6. The little business centre. I needed to check in with the airline and print our boarding passes. It worked perfect for this.
7. Lots of clean towels! At some hotels, this is a real issue.
8. We had some time after our checkout before catching our flight, they let us keep our luggage behind the desk! What a nice perk.

Cons: (And they are little!)
1. The lobby/outer facade was under construction when we were there, but we knew about it ahead of time. It just meant a 30 second extra walk around to our room and to go for breakfast, no big deal!
2. The carpet was a little dirty on entering our room. During our stay it was cleaned better!
3. The WIFI worked, but would kick you off regularly. You would have to keep logging on.

We really enjoyed our stay and wouldn't hesitate to book here again if we come back! We didn't use the pool, so we can't comment on that.

Room Tip: The suites have LOTS of room!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your very detailed review. It is greatly appreciated when your likes are clearly written as well as what we can improve on. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you very much for your compliments. We very much look forward to having you stay with us again.

Ogden, Utah, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed at the Best Western Park Place Inn for our family trip to Disneyland. The front of the hotel was under construction, but there was no extra noise. It was only a little inconvenient because you had to walk around the side to get to the rooms. We stayed in a room with two double beds and the beds were very comfortable. There was a small table and chairs also, which was great because we went back to the hotel to eat lunch each day. The pool is a little small, but the kids loved it anyway. The room was very clean when we arrived and the room was cleaned well each morning after we left. The free breakfast next door had lots of choices, but was a little crowded and the food was only average. But definitely better than just a continental breakfast - it filled us up and kept us going till lunch time. The best part was the location. Literally across the street from the entrance. We were able to come and go when we wanted, without waiting for a shuttle or bus. We loved this hotel and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing your experience. I am very pleased the room and the breakfast met your needs while you were with us. Construction will be completed in June, so the access will be much easier. We do look forward to seeing you again.

Prescott, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I am single mom who was looking to take my 6yr old daughter to Disneyland by myself. Traveling from Arizona, I needed convenience. This hotel was PERFECT! Excellent location (literally across the street from the main entrance of the the Disneyland resort), reasonable parking fees, with my AAA discount I saved $50, and the room was nicer than what I was expecting (a couch and coffee table too!). The pool/hot tub were clean and the area was clean (swept) and well maintained (plenty of pools towels) also. I literally pulled in, parked my vehicle, checked in (seamlessly-great staff!), unpacked and had nothing else to worry about ... my daughter and I had a wonderful extended weekend in Disneyland. We did not eat at the buffet because we ate cereal in the room and was off to play! I woke up one morning and the tray to the coffee maker that holds the grounds was missing, I called the main desk and within 5 minutes a maintenance man was there with a new coffee maker in the box! Now that is service! I had free wifi so I could manage my finances at a glance. Thank you Best Western for making my quality time with my daughter easy and stress free! I will always stay here on our annual trips to Disneyland ... and next time I will allow the grandparents to come with us!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience. I am very happy we were able to make your trip with your daughter comfortable and hassle free. We definitely look forward to having you stay with us again. We would love to meet the Grandparents.

Verona, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This place is very clean, and rooms are a very nice size. Close walk to Disneyland and California Adventure Park right over the bridge. The complitmentary buffet at Captain Kidd's, however, was horrible. Coffee was not even drinkable. My husband said the milk for the cereal smelled bad, and the eggs were disgusting. Consider breakfast somewhere else!! The price of the room was very reasonable, and beds were very comfortable. Besides for the breakfast, I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Stay on second or third floor-further away from parking areas.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and listing your recommendation of our property. I am sorry you did not enjoy the breakfast. We will definitely look into the coffee issue and find out what happened with the milk and eggs. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope we will see you again soon.

Thank you and take care.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn - Mini Suites? Share your experiences!