“Great location, great price” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2 & Earn a Reward
Ranked #12 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Colorado
“Great location, great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This was our second stay here this year. The location right across the street from the main entrance to Disney can't be beat. Considering the location, the price is very reasonable. The room was spotless, and I am picky. A light burned out in the bathroom vanity light bar, and it was changed by housekeeping when they cleaned the room- that is pretty rare to have that attention to detail so I was impressed. As others have said, the beakfast buffet is not great, but if you just want a light breakfast it was fine. Nice selection of cereals, some yogurt, and fruit. Then eggo type waffles you can toast, bread for toasting. Some cold danishes, then hot sausage and egg patties. It was the same every day, so some variety, like bacon and pancakes would have been nice, but for a quick easy breakfast, it was fine. The room was nice, the bed was comfortable, the pool and hot tub are nice, and the location is excellent. We never noticed much noise, other than the trash bins being emptied next door at 6:00am on a Saturday. But it was at the property next door, not much the hotel can do. We would stay here again

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the Captain Kid side to be a little shorter walking distance from Disney.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
I would like to thank you for returning to the Best Western Park Place Inn and sharing your experience. We greatly appreciate your feedback and your compliments. We look forward to seeing you again.

Thank you and take care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Hotel was close to park but breakfast buffet was terrible and hotel very noisy. Stayed there for walking distance but better off to pay more and skip the convience. People knocked on our door many times late at night and even woke children up to find it was wrong room

Room Tip: If you stay there stay away from stairs
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. I am sorry you were disappointed with our continental breakfast. It seems you may have been prepared for a full hot breakfast since you mentioned it being a buffet. I am sorry if there was a misunderstanding that led to you be unsatisfied. I hope you will give us another chance so we can show you what our service is truly like. We may be able to put you in a quieter room where there would be less foot traffic causing noise at night.

san diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I remember reading the negative reviews about this place shortly after I reserved it and worrying that I had made a mistake. I am happy to report I had a great experience and I think there are far more positive reviews than negative reviews for a reason.

I found this to be a very reasonable room for a great price. For $98 we got a queen bed with a fold out sofa bed, continental breakfast, and an ideal location right across the street from the main entrance of Disneyland. What more could you ask for? The service was VERY courteous, both on check-in and check-out. In fact, we were allowed to leave our car in their lot for 4 hours after check-out as a courtesy.

Sure, the breakfast is pretty low quality and the parking is tight, but for the price and location I simply can't imagine what people expect. The room was clean and comfortable and actually a higher quality than I expected. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who was planning on going to Disneyland and wanted a comfortable, easy, inexpensive experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thank you for sharing the experience of your stay at the Best Western Plus Park Place Inn. I am thankful you did not change your reservation after reading some of the reviews. Thank you for your compliments. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and I hope we will see you again soon.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed here Nov. 3 - Nov. 7 for our Family Vacation to Disneyland. Cannot complain about the room. It was neat, clean & quiet. Housekeeping was efficient & check-in was smooth & easy. Sheets were clean & soft, pillows were big & fluffy & the A/C worked. The free breakfast was just what you'd expect - cereal, milk, frozen waffles(w/toasters to toast them in), bread, danish, egg "pancakes", sausage & coffee. We liked it just fine but the allure of specialty pancakes & omlets at IHOP next door was too great.
We would DEFINATELY stay here again for our next Disneyland vacation!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We greatly appreciate the compliments. We look forward to having you as our guests once again during your next Disneyland vacation.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

It was my first time going to Disneyland, and I wanted a hotel close to the park. Not so much walking after a long day. I searched and saw that it was across the street and I loved it. When we got there it was actually better then I expected. It was clean the staff was friendly. It was our little home away from home. The continental breakfast was amazing. I thought of was just going to be pastries, but no it was mini buffet. You can't go wrong with this hotel. The best part was after a long day at the park we didn't have to wait for a shuttle or walk so much. That made the trip way better. Totally going to stay here for the rest of my Disneyland trips to come. :)

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to write a review. I am very pleased we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip and once again being your home away from home.

Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stay at this property every year we come to Disneyland. It is clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. My daughter and family stayed in the next room. Their room had a nice flat screen, ours had a very old poor quality television. It was election night and it would have been nice to watch on a decent television. We stay away from the Buffett and walk down to McDonald's. It is great to have your hotel so close to Disneyland especially when you are so exhausted from your ten hours at the park.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for continuing to stay with us when you visit Disneyland. We greatly appreciate our return guests. You should have a new tv in your room the next time you visit. Our aim is to have them in all the rooms by the end of the year. Until, we see you again, take care.

Thank you.
Lower Mainland, BC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel has an excellent location. Right across the street from the gates to both Disneyland and California Adventure Park. We were travelling as a family of grandmother, mother and father and 2 years old. We specifically reserved a minisuite with a queen bed in one room, with a door, and part of the same room but outside the door was another queen bed and a pull out. We reserved here specifically because of the minisuite option. Before leaving for our vacation I checked with the hotel twice by email to confirm that we were still getting the minisuite option and they assured me that we were. When we got there . . . we had a regular room with 2 queen beds and a sofa pull out. The desk staff advised that that hotel does not have any minisuites and that their central reservations was not aware of that.

Everything else about the hotel was fine. The beds had nice linens and were comfortable. It was a 3 star hotel and what you can expect on the strip outside of Disneyland. The minisuite option was very important to us though and we trusted Best Western to come through but they didn't. I'd go elsewhere if this is important to you.

Room Tip: Ask not to be on the main floor. There was some seedy stuff going on in the parking lot and we felt...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
I would first like to thank you for staying with us. I would also like to thank you for sharing your comments and concerns. I would like to clear up the issue regarding the mini-suite. Mini-suites are one room and larger than standard rooms with no full room separation. I am sorry for the confusion when you checked with the front desk. The room you stayed in was a mini-suite; larger than a standard room with two queen beds and a queen sofa bed with the sofa bed separated by a half wall partition. What we do not have are suites where this a full separation. Again I am sorry for any confusion.

Regarding what may have been happening in the parking lot. We do not allow any loiterers on property and they are promptly asked to leave. I am not sure what you are referencing, but if you could let me know I would greatly appreciate the information.

I hope you will give us another chance. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Kelly Laimana
ppifom@yahoo.com

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn - Mini Suites? Share your experiences!