“Great Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel

You added Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel to your Saves list
Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   900 South Disneyland Drive, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Formerly Sheraton Anaheim Hotel) (The Colony)   |
Ranked #57 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
Melbourne, Australia
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I chose this hotel based on the reviews by tripadvisor devotees thank you, you did not disappoint.
After a long flight and doing battle getting a rental car with "Dollar Car Rentals" we arrived, 3 kids, dad and a spent mum in tow! Was not expecting much but committed.
What welcomed us was a clean, comfortable and pleasant room, enough space for the 5 of us. Staff where always helpful and prompt. Pool could do with solar heating no shortage of sun here and washing facilities need a door to keep the dust away when it blows, and trust me it blows!! Very happy with our say will recommend to friends;) Budget conscious families will enjoy this 31/2 star hotel. Be careful bar is pricy BYO! ENJOY YOUR STAY

Room Tip: Loved being by the pool can bit a bit noisy but only till 10pm do not advise if travelling with very...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
El Paso, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

My family and I stayed here in 2008 for our first trip to disneyland. It was a great experience. Hotel was clean and people were so nice and we loved our room. So when we started to book this years trip this was my first choice of places to stay. I didn't even look at another hotel. And now as I sit here looking around this room I am wishing I had looked around a little more. First, I would like to say that the people are great. But the hotel is really starting to show it's age. The rooms are not as clean as I remember. Our second day we had to call the front desk because the shower drain was clogged. They sent a young man who pulled out a large (and gross) clump of hair and fixed that problem for us. But what really pushed me over the edge was the fact that we have killed three LARGE roaches in our room. And when I say large I mean huge. So gross. I saw one come in right under the door. I would like to point out that the beds smell very clean. I can smell the clorax on the sheets and covers. That has been the best thing I can say about this room

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Broomfield, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed 3 nights while going to Disney, 3rd Disney trip with offsite hotel.

Treated SPG Members well, it was much appreciated. There was one small issue but they made it right and were very professional.

The rooms were clean and looked like any typical Sheraton.

The shuttle left the hotel every 30 minutes and picked up at the park every 30 minutes too. Used the shuttle 8 times total for one-way trips, on time every time!

if you want to walk, its only 15 minutes down Disneyland Dr.

Overall good stay, would recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

This was our second stay at Sheraton Anaheim, previously in 2011, and both stops were made during a road trip. With a car we found it easy to visit lots of places in Orange County and central LA. Also spent a little time by the pool which was nice for chilling. Self-service laundry facilities near the pool were very useful. Corridor areas feel a little tired but generally as a base it was perfect; good breakfast, which was included in our room price though don't believe this is always the case. Had a very nice dinner one evening in the restaurant. All staff were very helpful and friendly. If you're not in Disney then it is good to watch the Disney fireworks display from the front of the hotel. We found the shuttle bus to the park to be a very efficient and regular service.

Room Tip: Front room to view fireworks though overlooks car park but not a problem. Both times stayed had a g...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Riverside
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

What an awful experience. We stayed at this hotel for the Disneyland Half Marathon weekend. We had tried to get a room at one of the resort hotels, but they were already full, so we booked this hotel through the Disneyland website. My husband made the reservation. Our toddler and I decided to head out to the park for the Friday with the plan that my husband would come out and meet us when he was done with work that evening. It was 100° and by the time we made the walk to the hotel, my daughter and I were hot and thirsty. I went to check in and the person at the front desk told me that I couldn’t check in because the reservation was in my husband’s name. I said that I had the confirmation email and credit card with which had been used to pay. They told me that because we had made the reservation through a third party that our only solution was to wait for my husband to show up. They left my screaming toddler and me sitting in the lobby for an hour, never even offering us some water, before someone came and told us that they could change the reservation over to my name and get us in a room. We finally got a room and walked down the hot non-air conditioned hallways (remember, it was 100°). My daughter and I both tripped on the dirty, wrinkled up carpeting in the hallway. We got to the room and the carpeting visible under the door was black with grime. I grabbed one of the disposable paper cups with a plastic lid from the coffee machine so I could give my daughter water (without worrying about her breaking a glass). The cup had lipstick on it and had coffee in the bottom. This is not the first time I have stayed at an area hotel for a race at Disneyland, but this is the first time where the hotel made no accommodations for the runners (which people start heading out to at 4 am). There was no place to buy a banana and no shuttle to take us (or spectators) over to the park before the races. When they did have the shuttle up and running, it was horribly hot because there was no a/c. When we finally left, we had to pay again for the room (we had paid up front). The manager just kept making us feel like second-class citizens because we had not reserved the room directly through the hotel. After a few days with no refund to our credit card for the original reservation, I called Disney and the matter was taken care of.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We visited the hotel on business for 3 nights due to its location and price. We arrived around 9.30 and were checked in with the minimum of fuss. Having a large amount of luggage, I was concerned about the fact that the elevator only went to the 2nd floor and my room was on the 3rd - a hotel staff member was available to help with the bags however.
The hotel corridors are very dated - carpet is threadbare in some places and has a damp, musty odour as you get further from the main lobby however the room I had was large and clean if a little dated. My room was on the highway side of the hotel so the road noise, combined with the very loud aircon meant I had to sleep with earplugs for the duration of my stay.
As we had been travelling for over 14 hours we headed to the bar for a drink and as we had smokers in the group we sat outside in the garden area and proceeded to order drinks and food - which took an age despite the hotel being almost deserted.We were advised that the food and drinks would not be delivered to the table, we would have to come to the bar to get them ourseleves!! Strange I thought... the food when it did arrive was good.
Breakfast was also unusual. There were plenty of wait staff but I was forced on each occasion I had breakfast to approach staff who were talking between themselves (they had seem me arrive) and ask for coffee. They seemed almost to see my approach as imappropriate and only after finishing their conversation did they go and arrange coffee for me, which was good when it arrived
Overall not a bad stay but the hotel is very old and staff do seem to need a reminder that the customer is the reason that they are there.

Room Tip: Avoid the highway side of the hotel and beware of the aircon
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Aberdeen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed here in last year as part of our daughter’s 18th birthday celebration tour of the West coast. Be warned there are two Sheratons in Anaheim and sat navs have been known to get it wrong – it took our taxi driver 20 minutes to find the correct one. From the outside the hotel seems to be a quirky mix of olde England and 70s architecture but who cares about architecture when you are on Disney’s doorstep – and this after all was the reason for our stay? Again with the other hotels on our tour I had emailed them in advance of advise that our stay was part of a birthday celebration and asking for an upgrade. In fact when we booked this hotel we had requested a room which would enable us to view the Disney fireworks. On checking in I was disappointed to discover that that this was not the case. However miraculously after explaining the significance of our stay hey presto we were allocated such a room. Success. And what a view! We had been toying with the idea of going over to Disney even just for a few hours but decided against it. This was probably one of our best decisions as we ordered room service and were able to watch the fireworks in comfy chairs and eating really good food. The room service menu is exactly the same as that served up in its restaurant and at the same price. There is no additional charge for room service. We could not fault the food at all, in fact one of my daughters maintains that it was the best meal of the holiday. She might be exaggerating but I certainly found the chocolate fondant dessert a joy.

Full marks to the reservation clerk who conjured the room up. Whilst my husband always maintains that a hotel room is just a room to lay your head I must confess to liking a nice hotel. And the Sheraton Anaheim certainly is. Our room was spacious and the beds comfortable. Whilst as has been pointed out in previous reviews the bathroom is on the small side the area outside it with hanging space and sideboard makes up for.

Unfortunately as we were only staying two nights I had hardly any time to check out the rest of the facilities but did notice a few little courtyards (in keeping with the English theme) which seemed delightful and would make a nice place to sit after a busy day in the park.

Transport to Disney is provided and of course is greatly in demand, although there is only one bus so demand can be heavy at times.

In short this hotel served its purpose – which was comfy bed for travel weary and disneyed-out folks, excellent food to fill hungry stomachs (reasonably priced) and handy for Disney, with a gold star to the reservation clerk actually went that little bit further for us to make our stay at bit more special.

Room Tip: For the view of the fireworks you need a room overlooking the front of the hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family