“Worst...hotel...ever...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center

You added Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1742 South Clementine, Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #79 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
“Worst...hotel...ever...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

No staff to be found, so best of luck getting utensils or anything to make use of the kitchen...couldn't even get ashtrays for our smoking room. Was blood stains on one of our pillows.

"Grab and go breakfast" consists of granola bars, coffee, and fruit...which is fine, but the lack of staff presence in the lobby resulted in one Asian family loading the entire thing into their pack every morning.

Stayed on 4th floor and there's a hallway door by the elevator that slams every time someone comes or goes, so we averaged a good 3 hours of sleep a night.

No hairdryer, which upset the missus, and no fan or ventilation in the bathroom.

Overwhelming smell if marijuana in the hallway, homeless people in the lobby, this hotel has it all! Bring the kids!

• Stayed December 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I received a copy of your review and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed that your stay was not comfortable. Please accept my apology. I discussed your comments with the team and we are looking into more training to make sure your experience is not repeated. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at acc@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
fresno
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2014

We reserved a room a week ahead, when we got there they told us there was no reservation made for us. The girl at the front desk said they had 5 other rooms but nothing under our name. Instead of offering us one of those rooms she said to check back in a couple of hours. We did and still nothing. We waited in the lobby with all our stuff for a room to be cleaned. They gave us a handicap accessible room, it was horrible. We've stayed in their other regular rooms and those are kept up with, these rooms felt run down. The sheets were torn with stains, the curtains also. We found hair&a spider in the sheets. The shower had a bench I couldn't manage myself around to stand comfortably.I felt bad for those who stay in these rooms regularly. The feel of it was very different, not a comfortable stay.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this review, November 11, 2014
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. Please accept our most sincere apologies for dropping the ball on your reservation and issues regarding the room. To uphold our company's high standards, I will be working with my staff to review our reservation procedures to ensure that this does not happen again. As well, I am sorry that your room had cleanliness issues. I will be having my housekeeping staff deep clean this room specifically to prevent this from happening again. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. I invite you to contact me, at acc@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Orange County, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014

Compliments to you for your wonderful staff at Extended Stay Anaheim Convention Center. Your excellent new General Manager Carolyn Tanuvasa has made an amazing difference and the improvements are fantastic - the changes are very obvious – all the systems have been tightened up and the hotel runs very smoothly. Carolyn is so efficient and on the ball and any request is handled promptly – she is a true asset to your company.

Carolyn, as well as her Assistant Manager, Gigi are amazing people and they, together with their staff, have made my stay here so very pleasant with their warmth, friendliness, and their caring and helpful attitudes, as well as their professionalism. They should be commended on a job well done!

Fabulous customer service all round!

Kind Regards
Tony

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
The team and I read your review and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about us and your stay. It's great to hear that we provided a home away from home for you. Thank you again for your kind words. The team and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2014

I really enjoy my stay was so close everything , special in frontdesk they have the city map is was very helpful very close to disneyland, is clean but not fancy, my family and i save money because the kitchen. I will stay again.

Room Tip: Some of the room can see fireworks from disneyland i will request it
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this review, October 14, 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that you appreciated the proximity of our hotel to Disneyland. As well, I am thrilled to know that my staff was so helpful and accommodating. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Stockton, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2014 via mobile

Don't expect a complete hotel room when you stay here. They don't do housekeeping while you are there. I'm pretty sure they didnt even clean the room before we checked in. Floors were filthy. Sheets looked dirty. NOTHING in room. And I mean nothing. No dishes, kitchen items, hair dryer. You have to ask for it all. Hot water didnt work in our room. We had a 2nd room and the a/c didnt work in that one. We called and they didnt send anyone to fix. Maintenance only works 10am-5pm. After hours you cant even call the front desk. It goes straight to a recording with someone named Molly who we never saw. Completely ridiculous!! I dont care how cheap the room is, I would NEVER stay here again! I travel all across the country with kids and without several times a year and I've never stayed in a worse place.

• Stayed September 2014
Irvine, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2014

Where to start. I understand with the price I paid, there are things that I would have to deal with. But after checking In on the first day, my son started receiving bug bites after the first night. I went to the front desk to get the room changed, but the new room was not any better. My son received 10 more bites. Then i started getting bites too. I mentioned to the desk about a bug problem, and they said there were no bugs. No room will be safe from any bugs because I had to switch so many times to another room. I even had ant problems in another room. Everything else was fine, but there is no way I can stay at this place because I felt it was more of a hassle to deal with this discomfort.

Expect at most credit to get your clothes washed. Not worth to stay at.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

No hair dryers, no sponge for kitchen, no paper towels, no corkscrew in entire hotel. You have to ask for dishes, coffee makers, etc. and they weren't clean. Had to use the heater to semi dry my hair. Tub not clean. No ice machine in hotel. Amenities are almost nonexistent. Breakfast runs out and is not restocked. Towels very thin and need replacement. On a positive note, front desk staff is friendly.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center

Address: 1742 South Clementine, Anaheim, CA 92802
Location: United States > California > Orange County > Anaheim
Ranked #79 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Extended Stay, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Anaheim Hotel Anaheim
Extended Stay America Anaheim
Extended Stay Anaheim
Anaheim Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.