Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center
Ranked #67 of 111 hotels in Anaheim
San Jose, CA
“Average Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at the Extended Stay America for a week for a Disneyland trip. The price is about the most positive thing I can say. There is an ART shuttle that pulls up in the hotel's parking lot, which is nice. I parked outside the hotel and the first thing I noticed was an abandoned vehicle with expired registration parked next to me.

Check-in was slow and the person behind the counter did not have a good understanding of the features of the hotel rooms. We were staying in a suite with a king size bed. There were two adults and two children. We were told there was only a king size bed, that the couch was not a pull-out bed. But, the king size bed was large enough for the four of us. Seriously? For $15 a night, we could rent an additional roll-away bed. The issue was eventually resolved when the manager of the hotel confirmed that the couch was in fact a pull-out bed. The manager of the hotel was very helpful.

The walls and floors are very thin. We heard the people in the room above us walking back and forth, and could hear the TV from next door.

The final thing. The hotel apparently has a contract with Orange County to house Section 8 (affordable housing) occupants in some of their rooms. There's a guy with a motorcycle that leaves most nights around 10pm and back around 6am.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

107 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Fremont, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Do to remodeling at the hotel I was staying out, I was unable to wash clothes. After explaining the situation, the manager was understanding and allowed me to use their laundry facilities. This is what I call a Good Neighbor hotel. I would recommend this property in a heartbeat. Thank you mangement!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Puyallup
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stayed here on a short vacation. Tried to use the pool a couple times and found it dirty. There was no net to even clean it ourselves. Very disappointing for the kids when it was in the 90's. When they cleaned, didn't sweep or vaccum (which left the sand from the beach on the floor) nor did they wipe down the counters. Bought an ART ticket from the front desk and they sold me a day pass and told me that was the only pass available. This was incorrect as I could buy single ride tickets from the ART bus which is all I needed, so overpaid. Staff were very friendly. Breakfast of instant oatmeal, fruit, muffins, hot chocolate and coffee.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I picked this hotel randomly not expecting much because it was close to where I needed to go, but I ended up loving it! My room was very spacious, had a refrigerator, clean beds/sheets, and extremely comfortable overall.

The person who checked me in was very patient with me and helped me get a better room (I had booked a smoking room by mistake). Her name was Gigi. Thank you very much!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

We spent 5 nights here and stayed in a suite. The checkin was really easy and the room was really nice and spacious. We have stayed here several times before and the renovations and change in staff have made a very big difference in a positive sense. The location is great for Disneyland and ease of access to major shops and freeways. Be mindful that you don't get a daily linen service but you can request pretty much anything in that regard if you desire it. The only criticism I have this time is the lack of utensils/cutlery/crockery in the room but again, simply asking at the desk resolved that problem. The breakfast is 'on the go' and consists of fruit, muesli bars etc and good coffee.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the 3rd or 4th floor to avoid noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Paul - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your spacious room, the customer service you received, and the grab-and-go breakfast. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Bakersfield, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I won't waist time. The receptionist appearance looked like she had just woke up and wore the uniform she slept in. She couldn't answer simple question about the surrounding area. The entire hallway to our room smelled like smoke. Our "non-smoking" room smelled like the hallway, an ashtray. There was several pieces of trash on top of the fridge. THIS WAS AT CHECK- IN. At the time of booking, on-line, we paid for house keeping. Upon returning to our room after a fun day at Disneyland, our room looked like it did when we left in the morning. I couldn't rate the house keeping because they never showed up. Judging by the way the room was left when we arrived and what we found when we left, we were better off without. When we were inspecting the room to check-out, MY 10 YR OLD FOUND A PAIR OF LADIES PANTIES IN A DRESSER DRAWER THAT DIDN'T BELONG TO ANY OF THE LADIES WITH US. I'll let you be the judge of the house keeping.
The one positive thing about this Extended Stay is that The Cheese Cake Factory is just a few yards away. Oh yeah they did refund us the house keeping charges.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Some of us learn from others experiences, others do it the hard way...well, I have to admit, I did the latter in this particular instance. Imagine walking into a hotel at 11 pm with kids after driving 5 hours, given a room key only to find out that there is ALREADY a guest in that room....!!! To add to the misery, given another room after 15 minutes only to discover that the AC is not working in the room...I guess there is no checking before the room is given.....anyways, on complaining, the 1st response (SARAH was the person on duty) I get is "Sir we will take a look at it first thing in the morning"...really??? Without AC the whole night....how did she have the audacity to even mention it? Anyways, on pushing hard, I FINALLY checked in the room almost at 12:30....!!

DAY2 - We all went to Universal Studios (Had another family stay in next door room), came back in the night ONLY to realize they have EVERYTHING missing from the room, apparently someone had 'voluntarily' checked them out and took the liberty to take the luggage away..!!! Of course, it was around midnight, so there was no one available at the front desk...so our friends had to sleep in whatever clothes they had on for the entire day....

DAY3 - Morning, on checking, they could not answer why the guest was checked out, no one was able to find out the luggage, ultimately we had to call a COP to file the police report.....So, while we were hoping to spend the last few hours together with our friends chatting, we ended up dealing with all this.....!!!

Anyways folks....I don't think I need to say any more, good luck for all who STILL have the courage to stay there.....the only positive is the proximity to Disneyland....however, I don't think its worth AT ALL..!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I apologize that you were initially given an occupied room and that you had issues with your air conditioner. I will be reviewing your comments with our team to ensure your experience is not repeated. As well, I am sorry about the situation involving your friends and their moved luggage. This is unacceptable and we apologize for your experience. We hope that you will stay at our hotel, or any of our other brand locations in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center

Address: 1742 South Clementine, Anaheim, CA 92802
Location: United States > California > Orange County > Anaheim
Ranked #67 of 111 hotels in Anaheim
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Extended Stay, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Expedia, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Anaheim Hotel Anaheim
Extended Stay America Anaheim
Extended Stay Anaheim
Anaheim Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.