You added Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center
Ranked #79 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
San Diego, California
“Okay overall....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

The location is the best feature about this hotel as it's only a short 10 minutes walk from the Main Gate at Disneyland, past Anaheim Garden Walk. Otherwise the hotel did the job in that we booked last minute and it wasn't very expensive.

For some reason when we booked it defaulted to a smoking room, which we didn't see until we checked in and went to our room which we suspected had been smoked in. Since all we did was drop off our stuff when we first arrived and headed straight to Disneyland we didn't think much of it but by the time we got back to the room at 11pm we were blown away by how bad the room smelled. Turns out the entire 4th floor is smoking, which surprised us in general. We did go right to the front desk and asked to be moved which they were able to accommodate for. We were moved to the 2nd floor in a room about 3 times the size of the original room which was 100% smoke free. The room also appeared maintained at a higher level than the smoking room as the carpets and cabinets were much cleaner.

There was a very large and loud room party going on across the hall from our own room but once we settled down with the AC on you couldn't hear it. The people coming to the party though were pretty rough looking and we did see some questionable people in the parking lot so I wouldn't leave anything noticable in your car.

Overall okay, the smoking room appeared to be a glitch in the system so even the front desk lady recommended calling to reconfirm room type as soon as you make a reservation. Would stay here again for last minute but there are other hotels in area I prefer more that have just as good of rate if you have more notice in booking. Always worth nothing, it was great of them to fix our room, especialy so late at night!

Room Tip: Verify room type over phone if booked online to make sure not on smoking floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies.

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why we strive so hard to accommodate them with clean, comfortable rooms at an exceptional price. In order to meet the needs of our guests, we designate certain rooms for smokers and the rest for non-smokers. Guests who request non-smoking rooms should always be placed in an available non-smoking room. Clearly there was a regrettable error.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of our other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

The hotel was obviously under staffed. There was only one old lady at the front desk and we waited for about 45 minutes to check in. We booked a suite but there was no bedding stuff provided for the sofa bed and no one picked up the phone at room service, so we need to go to the front desk to ask for pillows, sheet and blanket and come back to do the bedding by ourselves, of course another 30 minutes waiting to get the bedding stuff. There is no room service because it is an "extended stay"but they charge $119/nite+ 18% orange county tax. The location is good - about 15 minutes walk to Disneyland and is on a quiet street. The kitchen is not well equipped, only has one small pan and 2 plates. No shampoo etc. stuff provided so you need to bring your own.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am. The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff. We know that we didn’t get to be a member of America’s number one family of extended stay hotels over night; we did it by focusing on one customer at a time. We know that a totally satisfied customer is one who will come back and stay with us again. That is why we take your review so seriously. It reminds us that despite all of the regular praise we receive, we still have room to improve. Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We found the hotel by doing some fairly extensive Google searching for properties with easy access (and within walking distance) to Disney’s main gate. We stumbled over negative reviews AFTER we had booked our stay (and suffered a bit of initial trepidation), but were pleasantly surprised at how well the property worked for our needs.

We’re a family of four. The main purpose of our visit was Personal/Leisure – touring the Disney parks. We made our reservation directly on ExtendedStayHotels.com and used a AAA rate to receive a 10% discount on the room. We booked a single room with two double beds (two queens would have worked better for our needs, but this was acceptable).

Overall accommodation quality was “good/fine.” The property was clean, freshly painted and well maintained. Extended Stay America isn’t a luxury property, but managed to provide a clean, well lit, comfortable non-smoking room at a property that was well maintained and easy to get to. During our four-day/three-night stay, we didn’t have a single issue with water temperature or noise.

Overall quality of service (including staff friendliness and helpfulness) was outstanding. There’s not a huge amount of interaction, as this hotel does not offer bellhop or daily maid service, however, the desk staff was always courteous, helpful and a delight to interact with. Sophia was a standout - we had several interactions with her, every one of them pleasant. Great stay and a great staff. This property clearly knew they had some opportunity for improvement, and were working hard to regain the trust of potential customers and existing clientele. I'd say they're easily on their way to success.

We’d be happy to stay at this hotel again if returning to the area, and we’d also happily recommend this hotel to someone else.

Based on the value of what we experienced for the price paid, the quality and cleanliness of the room (at check-in) was good. Everything functioned and was in good working order. The quality of the stocked kitchen implements wasn’t very high, but it was clean and we could request more items from the front desk at any time. There’s a couple of coats of paint that was well applied, and the property is generally well maintained, belying it’s age and past life.

The beds were comfortable, and fresh linens were available upon request. The “dreaded hotel comforter” can be found at this property (like all others), and simply needed to be avoided. I don’t deduct points for this one – it’s so common in the industry as to be almost expected.

ESA offers complimentary wireless Internet service (faster speeds for a small fee). I would prefer a simpler access process (eg, offer the free service with a network password, but do not require secondary checks, or regular menus for the upsell, and do not pre-populate the most expensive option). This service was welcome, as 3g speeds (and cell signal) was a little spotty on property.

The TV channel selection was typical hotel-tastic: a few premium channels sprinkled in with the usual news and weather suspects. I’d suggest offering a couple of family-oriented channels, in order to support the Disney-bound groups with small children.

We didn’t use the guest laundry facility, but were happy to know it was there. After a day in the parks, a family of four can go through some clothes.

We enjoyed the Grab and Go breakfast daily. A collection of apples and oranges, a couple of pre-baked and wrapped muffins, dry oatmeal and coffee (arabica and colombian) with hot water to boot. If you’re a Starbucks’ junkie, the quality of the coffee was low to moderate, but – overall – it was a nice way to start the day. Thank you for including this tiny perk. Not much cost to the hotel, and a great deal of benefit to the traveller.

The hotel was close to the Garden Walk area and shops, so plenty of restaurant choices and features were witihin a quick walk.

Extended Stay America wants their guest to feel like they were at a "home away from home." I can’t say I felt as though I were home, but my stay was a happy one, and an overall positive experience. The staff and their attitudes were the most influential. The property grounds left me neutral, giving the staff, the lobby and the accommodations the opportunity to shine. The lobby was nicer than I expected (and - admittedly - I was not expecting much). The room was clean, cool and comfortable. The staff really put icing on an already good cake.

After all this talking, people say you vote with your dollars.

That being the case, we’d return to this property.

Room Tip: Highest floor away from the elevator is a good rule here. Floors are thin, and the elevator is locat...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.
LA, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Found a last minute deal for this hotel close to Disneyland and was extremely happy with the room rate and the property! The rooms were modern, updated and CLEAN! We had a 2 queen/bed mini suite and althought it seemed a bit small, the price was GREAT and loved having the kitchenette available to us with a full size refrigerator. We ordered a roll away and the mattress (despite outward looks) was extremely confortbale! Parking was included in the room cost (mostly all other hotels in the area charge upwards of $15/day for parking!) and they also provided a free shuttle to/from Disneyland that stops right outside the front door! You can also walk if you have a good pair of shoes on (approx 15/20 minutes). The continental breakfast is good if you want to grab a quick prepackaged bite (granola bars, muffins, instant oatmeal), and the hotel is pet friendly! Right across the street from the Anaheim Garden Walk (on the Cheesecake factory side), you have access to all the shops & restaurants! We walked over to Disneyland the first day and eyed all the other hotels on the route and have to say I would NOT stay at the Super 8 or the extended stay near by, they look run down and dirty! I am so glad we made the right choice in staying here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location. Best regards, Michael Daddona Regional Director of Operations
Fort Lee, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

This is a copy of a letter I sent to the Extended Stay America headquarters.

I am writing you to inform you of an employee named Jay
Kholoma who works at the Extended Stay America on 1742 S. Clementine
St. Anaheim, Ca 92802. I have a friend staying at the hotel and she fell and
fractured her wrist in her room. She went to the hospital and they gave her
a prescription for pain after applying a splint. My friend who is disabled
could not get her prescription filled. Jay, on his own time was kind enough
to take her prescription to the pharmacy and fill it for her. There aren'e
enogh people in te world like Jay. I am sending you this email to praise
your employees. Every one of your employees she met has been
soutrous and helpfuland I cannot thank them enough. I don't know the
name of the woman at the front desk yesterday 6/12/2012 around 8:30 AM
but she was prompt and courteous in getting an ambulance for my friend
as well as sending her to a very good hospital. My friend has stayed in
your hotel many times and will try and do so in the future because of
employees like Jay and the hotel's manager Rita. Thank you again for
being a true service and people oriented company. Your employees
really care and that is why I think you guys are great. Art Sterling

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our Extended Stay America Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words. Best regards, Michael Daddona Regional Director of Operations
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

First things first...I booked a room through Priceline and this hotel was my "name your own price". I booked more than 1 month in advance. Called to request a non smoking room due to a medical condition. Was met with nothing but resistance when I contacted the hotel...also when I contacted Priceline. However, when I called back during normal Ca hours ( and someone who didn't speak broken English) the matter was promptly resolved by Sonia. I believe she is a true asset to this hotel. Sonia was also the one who checked us in promptly and politely and delivered the room promised. Rooms were amazing!!! As a matter of fact my daughter wanted to hang out instead of head right into Disneyland. No complaints and would def stay here again!!! Would also like to mention the clerk that refused my initial request was no where to be seen during our entire stay, so I am assuming he is no longer employed there. We are annual pass holders for years and have to say this was THE BEST hotel we have stayed at. Granted our needs are usually basic but this hotel FAR exceeded our expectations!,!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels. Best regards, Michael Daddona Regional Director of Operations
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I am a long time Disneyland goer and we've stayed all over the Disneyland area. Finding a comfortable reasonably priced room is not always easy. But I found Extended Stay and read that they'd remodeled. The pictures looked good and the price was perfect. Upon arrival we were warmly greeted, and the lobby looked fantastic. Our room was nicely updated, all the way from the curtains, to the closet, to the floors, to the entire bathroom. The decor is great, the upgrades are beautiful, and we couldn't have been closer to Disneyland! My only gripe was the lack of lotion, shampoo and a hair dryer in our room, but the staff remedied that quickly. They offer grab-n-go breakfast, but with a full kitchen in your room, I'm not sure why you'd need it, but it's a nice little touch. We will definitely be returning to this Disneyland gem!

Room Tip: Corner units have more beautiful windows to open with plenty of curtains to shut out the light for s...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words. Best regards, Michael Daddona Regional Director of Operations

Been to Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center

Address: 1742 South Clementine, Anaheim, CA 92802
Location: United States > California > Orange County > Anaheim
Ranked #79 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Extended Stay, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Anaheim Hotel Anaheim
Extended Stay America Anaheim
Extended Stay Anaheim
Anaheim Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Convention Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.