“superior hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Gig Harbor, Washington
“superior hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Beautiful property, a comfortable and quiet room that was like a small suite. Close enough to Disneyland without being in the swarm of Harbor Blvd.
Liked that there were no additional charges for basics like breakfast, parking and WiFi.The breakfast was pretty good, but the coffee was so weak. Ayres needs to splurge for better coffee.
The few small bumps we encountered were instantly remedied by an alert front desk staff, especially Mia.
We will be staying at Ayres Hotels on our next trips to California.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Turkish first
Murrieta, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my daughter for one night on November 16th, based on all the great reviews on here. It's a decent hotel, but nothing spectacular.
The location is two or so miles to Disneyland and it's on the wrong side of the road, so everywhere you want to go requires a u- turn.
We got tickets to the ART shuttle at the front desk, but then after waiting nearly 40 minutes I went back to the desk to ask why it hadn't arrived. The girl at the desk called and found out the shuttle was only running once per hour that day. So what seemed like a convenience turned into a huge inconvenience. I got a refund for the ART tickets and we took the car to the Toy Story lot, hopped on the Disney shuttle and were at the park. That entire event only took 15 minutes. The ART shuttle sounds like a good idea, but I'm glad we didn't use it.
On to the room. We were on the top floor. It was quiet and quaint. I can barely give it three stars for cleanliness. I must've found at least five or six hairs in the bathroom. I've found less at Econo Lodge. And the bathroom water had a strange rotten egg smell. The beds were fairly comfortable.
The front desk staff are very friendly. The complimentary breakfast is also very good. But I didn't find this hotel to be worthy of a second stay. The location to Disney is inconvenient and the hotel rooms and amenities offered aren't far above any other similarly priced hotel in the area. If you stay here and take the ART shuttle, be sure to check the schedule first. We wasted at least an hour that could've been spent at the park.

• Stayed November 2013
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

We chose Ayres because of tripadvisor reviews. Very happy with our choice! It was the perfect place for me, my wife and our daughter (8 years old).We stayed there for 4 nights. The spot is perfect if you have a rental car (5 minutes drive from Disneyland, 40 minutes drive from LA international airport). The Honda center home of NHL hockey team mighty ducks is in front of the hotel. We had a real breakfast done by a cook with very good food quality included. Free high speed internet and parking free.The room was clean and lot of space. The decoration a bit olddish but when I look at the bill, decoration doesn't matter. All of this for 130.00 US per night all tax included! I don't recommand this spot if you want to go to Universal Studio or Hollywood Blvd because it's 1 hour and a half driving in high density traffic from Ayres to Universal Studio...

Clovis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Our family of 4 stayed for 3 nights while celebrating my birthday and visiting Disneyland. This is not the first time at Ayres, however our first time in the suites. This is a lovely Hotel with beautiful furnishings. The beds are so comfortable too. The staff is eager to assist with your needs and The Hotel Management makes you feel important. The breakfast is my husbands favorite part of the trip and there is something for everyone. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and hope to plan a trip back again soon. Thank you

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We chose the Ayres because of it's proximity to the Honda Center (we could walk over to the games easily) and were pleased with our stay. Staff was friendly and helpful, our room was clean and quiet, and the breakfast was convenient. Better than some free breakfasts we've had, typical fare was served hot each morning. The room was pretty spacious and had everything we needed, fridge etc. Our only complaint was the in room coffee, it's pretty awful, but when is in room coffee good? We would stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Alberta,Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights while visiting Disneyland. Can't say enough about this place. The atmosphere is like a European boutique hotel. Lots of paintings and antique looking furniture adorn the hotel. Service is excellent from the front desk to the cleaning staff. Rooms are large and well appointed with a little kitchenette. Nice pool area, not overly large but nice. Loved the free breakfast and free parking. You're right across the street from the Honda Centre and just down the street from Angels Stadium. You are only a 10 minute drive to Disneyland or you can take the all day shuttle offered from the hotel for $5 per person. Great place to stay, would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed here for a week & it was great. From the moment I walked into the lobby, I was impressed. The front desk people were professional, helpful & very friendly. Even the maintenance worker, who powerwashed the front entrance and added sand to the pavers, was very friendly, I walked into my room and was surprised how nice the room was, VERY clean and the decor was so inviting & relaxing. The rooms are energy efficient, and power in your room is monitored by your room key card. The bed was AMAZING, I want this bed for my room, and the pillows were the best! I stayed on the 2nd floor & even though the hotel is on Katella (a busy street) & very close to the 57 Freeway AND there was construction outside AND a hockey game at the Honda Center (across the street), I did not have ANY noise issues. The complimentary breakfast every morning was excellent, freshly made scrambled eggs, pancakes hot off the grill (the best I've tasted), potatoes (hashbrowns/country potatoes) & bacon/sausage. They even had salsa, shredded cheese, and jalapenos. They also had yogurt, fresh fruit, coffee, tea, donuts & muffins, bagels/toast, cereal, oatmeal... the dining room was spacious & clean. The chef, Jose, served the food and was VERY friendly. Every morning, Jose greeted you with a smile and took your pancake order. There is a complimentary "reception" every night and they provide chips, salsa, guacamole, beer and wine & hot, freshed baked cookies. I will be staying another week soon, and am looking forward to my stay. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Ayres Hotel Anaheim? Share your experiences!