“Art gallery hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ayres Hotel Anaheim
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2550 E Katella Ave, Anaheim, CA 92806   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Ayres Rewards Today!
Ranked #1 of 114 Hotels in Anaheim
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Anaheim, California
“Art gallery hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed for the first time at this hotel. I highly recommend this property. The beds and furniture were very comfortable and romantic looking. It was like sleeping in an art gallery or a French boutique hotel. There is a shuttle bus that picks you up at the hotel and takes you to and from Disneyland and around Anaheim if you want for $5.00 hop on and off all day. Cooked breakfast in the morning was nice also. Staff are friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Take the shuttle bus to Disneyland. Very convenient right outside the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Turkish first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

No its not across the road or within walking distance of Disneyland - hurrah! We purposely chose to be away from the busyness of the immediate Disneyland area. Once you have spent a day (or 3) traipsing around Disneyland and California Adventure - dodging strollers and 'convenience vehicles' all day..... it is SOOO nice to get on the ART bus and go back to the lovely quiet Ayres Hotel for a break! We really did think of it as our oasis. We walked to an Angels game one night (go on a Friday - fireworks are awesome and better than Disney) and the ART bus had us to Disney within 10 minutes. Disneyland Express (airport transfer) bus picked us up right outside - you just need to pre book as they don't advertise it as one of their 'pick up' hotels. Grayline also picked us up for a day tour.
Front desk staff are so lovely and friendly and welcoming - they need to be paid more! Breakfast was perfect, the rooms were beautiful - so nice to have something old fashioned and homely instead of the boring minimalist stuff you find everywhere else. Beds are the most comfortable we had on our whole 5 week trip. So quiet! We were on the 4th floor and heard no noise from other guests or the busy road outside. Bathroom is great with vanity outside the toilet/bath/shower area so you can have people doing different things at the same time! Room was a great size for 4 of us even though there were 2 x queen size beds, 4 of us (kids 12 and 9) and 4 suitcases! Pool is great too - not huge but great for a cool off and a lie in the sun for a break!
All in all a great stay - can see why its number 1 - if you are considering it as an option - just book it!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We have been to anahiem about fifty times over the past twenty years and this is by far the best hotel for the money. It is spotlessly clean, the staff including Marcus, the manager, couldn't be more accomodating, and the breakfast is wonderful! We usually stay at Hilton properties but this hotel is far better! I won't stay anywhere else when in Anahiem.

• Stayed May 2013
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My sons and I were in Anaheim not for disneyland but to see a hockey game. For any of these or even for a baseball game this hotel is a good choice. It is located right accross the street from the hockey arena and just a short walk away from the baseball stadium. The Amtrak station is also just a short walk away which we used to get into LA. However it you are here for disneyland or any other attractions then this may be a good choice for you. There is a Hop On Hop Off bus that runs around all the local Anaheim attractions on a very good and regular schedule and is only 5 bucks for an all day ticket. What a deal. No driving and no parking issues.
The hotel is very clean and quiet, has very knowledgeable front desk staff, a very good buffet breakfast included in the room charge and has an outdoor pool.
I would definitely reccomend this hotel without any hesitation. The price is pretty good too.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
British Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

...started off with excellent phone service with front desk staff when booking the reservation and price adjustment when price found lower as our dates moved closer. Ayres will price match Expedia, etc. with an excellent cancellation policy should that become necessary. The value is awesome with the parking, Wi-Fi, Mon - Thurs Happy Hour in the lobby, plus an all-inclusive type breakfast served up every morning...I can still hear the chef Jose calling out "pancakes." The lobby, rooms and grounds are well appointed, maintained and kept nice and clean. The room fridge and microwave came in handy....we were on the 3rd floor facing the Angles Stadium (freeway side) and the fireworks from there on Friday night was better than Disney's.

There were a couple of special requests while there and the staff is eager to please. Disneyland is an easy drive from there, but too far to walk - even the very fit would not relish the walk back after a day at the park. Being tennis players, we found a nice park nearby (Main & Orangewood St area) with 6 well maintained & night lit courts, shopping malls nearby and easy access to the famous beaches.

This is the best value accommodation that I have ever stayed in and will be there should we ever return to the area.

Room Tip: Disney fireworks visible from upper floors freeway side, but far away...road noise not a factor. Ba...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 days last month for our national convention. I miscalculated the distance of this hotel from Disneyland Hotel where we were holding the convention. It is quite a distance. On my first day, being a weekend, I had to take a taxi since I missed the shuttle going to the Disney Hotel. That costed money. The Disney Hotel staff was not knowledgeable as to where should I wait for the shuttle going to Ayers Hotel, so I had to get a cab back to Ayers Hotel. The following day, I was already anticipating to be riding in the shuttle and paying nominal fee, but lo and behold! The staff at Ayers Hotel offered to take me to and from the convention site everyday at no cost!!! It was like having my own chauffeur since I was the only one riding in their complimentary car. I didn't mind spending money for tips to their driver who was very courteous and pleasant. When I needed to be picked up at a different time as originally planned, they immediately sent him. Impressive!

My suite was clean ( I ran my fingers on the counters and surfaces and I didn't encounter a speck of dust) with a comfortable bed, clean sheets and linens.The free breakfast was a pleasant surprise, not your usual coffee and pastry type, but the one that can give your morning a nice, fresh start. The kitchen staff were nice and friendly, too.

If I'm going to Anaheim, I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I planned on starting out our honeymoon in Anaheim to see the last game of the season for the Anaheim Ducks and Phoenix Coyotoes. We planned on only staying one night and wanted a hotel close to the arena. There were quite a few to chose from, but the Ayres hotel was a reasonable price and was on the opposite corner as the arena. (seriously a 3 minute walk).
I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel. The lobby was gorgeous and the the check in girl was very friendly and informative. The room was very nice, clean and had beautiful furniture. The toilet and bathroom were seperated so someone could still use the sink and mirror outisde of the bathroom if it's occupied which was nice.
The breakfast was so delicous! I am a huge bacon lover. Anytime there is a buffet I load my plate with about 10 pieces of bacon, but the sausage they served for breakfast when we stayed here was so fresh, juicy and flavorful, it almost makes me want to forget about bacon for good. To me food is food, but the breakfast sausage is definitely work a mention.
The thing that impressed me most was the extra steps the staff took to make the stay as easy as possible. We arrived at the hotel an hour and half before we had to leave for the hockey game, and since the arena was right across the street we figured we would have plenty of time to order take out. Well, we ordered food from some restaraunt down the street and time was ticking away quickly. Before we knew it we had to leave and still no food. We left the money with someone at the front desk and went off to the game. When we got back, the food was waiting for us in the room and the bottle of pop was in the fridge. It was a very pleasant stay, with gorgeous furnishings, clean private rooms, delcious breakfast, a convenient location (20 minutes from the beach as well), and accomodating staff that makes your stay worth while. We will definitely come back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Ayres Hotel Anaheim? Share your experiences!