“Great stay for family vacation” 4 of 5 stars

Summer Sale! Save 20%!
Ranked #1 of 112 hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersGold level
Miami Beach, Florida
“Great stay for family vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Awesome location right off the highway. My family and I really enjoyed this place. It was clean and the staff was nice. Our room was clean and the bed was super comfortable. The hotel is located across the street from the Honda Center and about 5 minutes to Disneyland. The hotel theme has a European boutique feel which felt warm and inviting. We will be coming back to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

1,123 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This hotel was just perfect for my recent trip to see the Ducks play at the Honda Center. In fact, that is the prime reason I chose the Ayres Hotel...because it is directly across the street from the entrance to the Honda Center. You couldn't ask for a better location, but on a side note, I would not choose this hotel if I had intentions to spend most of my time at Disneyland. I know they have a shuttle that is free and convenient to Disney, but the hotel feels very far removed from the hustle and bustle of Disneyland. I'm sure for some people, being away from the action is preferred, but I prefer a location nearer the action of Disney.

There are a few positives and negatives with this hotel, so I will be brief in my summary.
Positive: Comfy beds, clean, boutique feel, exquisite staff, free parking, and a free breakfast
Negatives:pool is lacking, no on site restaurants...other than buffet breakfast, lacking amenities, feels far away from everything.

When I was booking my room online, through the Ayres site, I booked for one price and then a few days later saw that the price had dropped by 30 dollars. I called later that day to see if they could honor the new price on my current reservation, and the girl explained that she didn't see where the price had dropped, and I must have been looking at a weekday rate. I chalked it up to my mistake, but soon received an email that they had lowered my rate to the weekday rate that saved me $30. They didn't have to do that, but it was very much appreciated, since it was probably an error on my part. For that reason alone, I will always recommend this hotel and will make it a point to stay here each and every time I go to a Ducks game!!! Thank you Ayres.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Waco, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while attending a conference in Orange. The staff are very helpful and friendly. The hotel maintains their particular image as evidenced by their decor both in the rooms and in the main building. By this I refer for example to the small elevators, furnishings, light fixtures - felt early 20th century. Charming and consistent.
The upgrades are a huge plus. Solid wifi signal in most places, nice cable signal and picture quality, good water pressure in the shower, and sink, low flow toilet and CFL light usage. coffee maker worked great, lots of storage spaces.
The only downsides I might mention are the dim lighting in the room, the fairly thin walls and doors (one can hear most anything in the hallway and usage of bathrooms in adjacent rooms.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Palmerston North, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Wonderful hotel, had a boutique feel which was nice. Reception was very helpful and changed money for us so we could use their washing facility which were very good. Room was nice and clean with a VERY comfy bed. Couldn't work out the curtains as we only could pull the netting across not the full curtain. Breakfast was aeusome with the food being coked freshly in front of you and had a great selection, we had the pancakes which were tasty.

Room Tip: higher up is best away from the road
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Found this hotel thru Expedia and booked as it was on the Disney trolley route. Was pleasantly surprised to find the trolley stops at the reception door! Convenient that the hotel also sells passes for the trolley. The hotel and staff were terrific! Beds were very comfy and breakfast was tasty. The wee shop at the hotel was also handy. The restaurant located behind the hotel was also excellent. 8 of us stayed here 2 nights and had a great time. Would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting value for money.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Odessa, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed here over 1 week for our Disney trip.....very affordable with the most comfortable beds! The breakfast buffet was hot and delicious every morning! The whole staff was very courteous and helpful! Would recommend!!!!!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We usually stay at the Portofino when visiting Disneyland, but I wanted something a little more upscale. We found the Ayres Hotel in Anaheim through Tripadvisor. It's a nice hotel with a European feel. It also doesn't seem like a chain hotel; it has a boutique hotel vibe to it. The free breakfast was pretty nice; my family was impressed that some of the food was being cooked right in front of them. The room we stayed in had 2 full sized beds and I do wish we could have had Queens, but other than that, I really liked the hotel and it will probably be our Disneyland hotel from now on.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Ayres Hotel Anaheim? Share your experiences!