“home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Odessa, Texas
“home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed here over 1 week for our Disney trip.....very affordable with the most comfortable beds! The breakfast buffet was hot and delicious every morning! The whole staff was very courteous and helpful! Would recommend!!!!!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Turkish first
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We usually stay at the Portofino when visiting Disneyland, but I wanted something a little more upscale. We found the Ayres Hotel in Anaheim through Tripadvisor. It's a nice hotel with a European feel. It also doesn't seem like a chain hotel; it has a boutique hotel vibe to it. The free breakfast was pretty nice; my family was impressed that some of the food was being cooked right in front of them. The room we stayed in had 2 full sized beds and I do wish we could have had Queens, but other than that, I really liked the hotel and it will probably be our Disneyland hotel from now on.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Woodland Hills, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I read all the Trip Advisor Reviews, which I really appreciate! My first impression was the reservation phone system via the toll free number and the (714) telephone number. The customer services representatives couldn't hear me. It made me very discouraged after 5 attempts over the phone to make a reservation. Finally was able to talk to a helpful reservation agent. Then I went on the website..they offer a discount for Disneyland Annual Passholders! Called again, two more attempts, finally got a hold of someone, he couldnt' offer me the discount over the phone. canceled my first reservation, went online for the Annual Passholder discount. My frustration with the phone systerm was worth the $30 I saved.
The bed was very comfortable. The freeway noise wasn't too bad.
For a free continental breakfast: WOW, the food was delicious. I was so pleasantly surprised and impressed. I will come back to the hotel but make my reservation online and avoid the phone call.
The front desk agent, forgot his name, was very helpful and courteous.

Room Tip: High floor opposite the freeway.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stay here if you are looking for a good place to stay close to Disney, also close by to the Angels Stadium and right in front of the Honda Center,.
Free breakfast is pretty basic but it does the trick

• Stayed January 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We booked the Ayres Hotel after lengthy research for our week holiday in LA on the way back from Europe with our two boys before heading home to NZ. The Ayres was highly rated on Trip Advisor so we took the plunge and booked on line rather than booking the hotel closer to Disneyland complex that our travel agent recommended.
Our first impressions on arrival, after a long 12 hour flight from London, were feeling right at home. We arrived at happy hour and there were drinks and freshly baked cookies for the kids in the reception. Our room was spacious, spotlessly clean, very comfortable, and serviced to perfection everyday. We just loved breakfast every morning, great variety - pancakes a hit with our kids! After a long hot day out at Disneyland, the pool was very welcoming.
And when our heads hit the sack, beds more comfy than most hotels we have stayed in.
The hotel is a 10 min shuttle to Disneyland, but shuttle dropped right at gates. There's a few restaurants in walking distance; pub, Mexican, pizza, etc.
Just one small suggestion ... Although the room was fitted out with a small but serviceable kitchenette area, we had no crockery or drinking glasses. On request we borrowed from the kitchen, no problems, however, room service cleared away following day, so we'd have to go and ask reception next day for more plates, cutlery and glasses! Maybe the hotel should provide basic items which stay in the room?
In summary, we found the Ayres hotel Anaheim a brilliant hotel and fantastic value for money.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Revelstoke, B.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We just spent a weekend here, and was truly impressed. We were in town for the Supercross at Angel Stadium, and this is THE hotel to stay at.
The front desk girls were amazing. So friendly, and gave me lots of driving intructions. The rooms were great, and the breakfasts were some of the best meals on our entire trip to California!
But the thing that really stood out was the location for our event.
We stayed untill the very end of the race. The place was packed. I swear, we were already back in our room (walking) by the time most of the cars had even left the parking lot !! You couldnt pick a better location, and I think the hockey arena is even closer !!
My wife is super picky, and she loved staying here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

When we arrived, we were kindly greeted by the front desk reception. They were very clear at answering questions. We spend 4 days 3 nights there and will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to Disneyland. The reason why I picked this hotel was
a) AMAZING breakfast (sausage is amazing)
b) house-keeper does an amazing job,
c) love how the sink and the toliet are not connected (toliet, bathtub/shower in one room, sink right outside of the washroom) therefore, very practical and time consuming when we were getting ready in the morning,
d) I would much rather take the ART (Shuttle to Disneyland) than walk and live at a worn out hotel/motel/inn. I am very picky therefore before choosing this hotel, I compared literally almost all the hotel around Disneyland and outside the district. Base on the price, reviews, services etc. Ayres got the gold metal. I do not regret my choice and will definitely go back again!
d) Customer Service= AMAZING! Great on the phone and in person. Very clear and goes above and beyond. Always get greeted when I return to the hotel.

Room Tip: If you are travelling with 3 people but two queen rooms are unavailable, request in advance a sofa b...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Ayres Hotel Anaheim? Share your experiences!