“family disney christmas” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Penticton, Canada
“family disney christmas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Shannon greeted us at check-in - first impression was outstanding based on her disposition and friendly disposition.
The hotel was very well appointed and rooms quiet and clean - the beds and linens were above excellent. Rooms were cleaned daily as were the towels - room was vacuumed and wiped down every day as well - very good maid service.
Complimentary breakfasts provided lots of variety and the quality was good. Best time to eat was early due to the fill rate at the hotel.
I was pleasantly surprised with the shuttle service between the hotel and Disneyland - pick up was prompt at the hotel at 15 minutes after the hour and pick-up at Disneyland on the hour - only a 10 minute ride each way. Very pleased with this service in spite of some reviews that I had read prior to booking this hotel.
We enjoyed our stay at this hotel at a very busy time of year - from the time of check-in till departure, everything we experience was above average or excellent.
Would definitely recommend and stay the next time we visit Disneyland.

I

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

1,120 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Turkish first
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed here for eight nights and have really enjoyed the stay. The hotel is family friendly, quiet and welcoming. The staff at the reception are friendly and very friendly. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay on level one. Ease of access to gym, pool and breakfast.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Selected this hotel based on TA reviews so, first of all, thank you TripAdvisor!

My family and I were there to celebrate birthdays with a trip to Disneyland. While the hotel is a little ways away from D-land, we had a car and there is also a convenient trolly option so I wasn't worried about location as much as comfort and space. We had a beautiful double room suite that made our stay extremely comfortable and relaxing.

The front desk staff was welcoming and professional. The lobby and rooms were nicely decorated and in good repair - very clean and quiet. Housekeeping staff very kind and helpful as well.

There were newspapers in the lobby, cookies in the evening and decent breakfast in the am - food options seem to focus on feeding hungry families 'tanking up' for a day at the amusement parks ;) but there is fruit, yogurt and instant oatmeal for guests seeking healthier options.

Normally, I would be concerned about proximity to freeway because I am a) a bit fussy and b) a light sleeper. Not to worry, the windows were thick enough and walls insulated well - we did not hear anything even though the room was on the side near the freeway.

Although weather was cool, we used the pool and hot tub on the first day and despite two long days at Disneyland, used the small but serviceable hotel gym in the evening. We were there in early November and it seemed like a pretty quiet time which made the stay relaxing and easy. Hotel is across the street from Honda Center and around the corner from baseball stadium so I imagine this place gets pretty busy in the spring and summer.

My thanks to the management for running a great, comfortable and professional hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel to business travelers and families.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I really struggled with choosing a hotel for our 4 night stay in Anaheim in November, did a ton of research, and used the advice of other TripAdvisor travelers and am SO pleased that we stayed at the Ayres. It was a really great choice.

Clean rooms, nicely decorated, well kept. Bed was comfy with nice pillows and sheets, spacious room with a fold out couch and king bed and the towels were pretty decent, too. The staff were tremendous. Can't say enough about how nice they are.

The hotel breakfast is a real treat, too. Offerings of hot and cold food (eggs, bacon or sausage, hash browns, pancakes, along with cereal, fruit, muffins, toast, bagels, juice and coffee). Really great selection and the coffee was tasty.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to families or couples or business people. Close to Disneyland (about 1.5 miles away) and also the ART shuttle stops by hourly to ferry passengers to/from Disneyland for a very reasonable price (I think it was $5 per person/day for adults, return trip). There is also free parking: be sure to get a parking pass from the front desk and register your car. We used the ART shuttle and were pleased with the service. It was about a 20 minutes ride to the park including all the stops.

It is situated closed to I15 but I didn't really notice all that much noise however if you are a super light sleeper you may want some kind of earplug but truly the noise did not keep me awake and I'm a fairly light sleeper myself. our room (west side) faced the interstate and it wasn't a problem.

They have a small fitness room with one treadmill, one bike, one elliptical and a small weight machine. Room was kept clean and also has a TV to watch while working out. Not huge but gives a traveler a chance to get a bit of exercise in. I believe there is also a pool but we did not seek it out.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: East side rooms might be quieter, west side faces I15, but its not very noisy.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

We selected this hotel by random when planning our first vacation after our daughter (first child) was born 7 months ago. I consider myself a 'vacation-ista ' & was a little nervous about our first one since the new arrival. The Ayres of Orange CA and it's staff were clean, friendly, and accommodating. It was one of the best hotel experiences I have had! The price for the quality couldn't be beat anywhere!!! High marks and lots if reccommendations!
Thanks for making our first family vacation a success.

• Stayed December 2012
Grand Junction, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed four nights while visiting Disneyland. The hotel was nice and very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was fine. We would stay here again anytime. If you like to sleep in ask for a room away from nearby construction; they start early.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Stockton, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

My partner was staying here on a business trip and I joined her for a long weekend. I was very surprised at the comfort of the hotel. Based on reading previous reviews, I told her to get a room on the opposite side of the hotel from the freeway. There was construction across the street, but not too distracting.
The room seemed very clean. I do feel the need to mention that the entire time I was there I felt itchy, like bugs crawling on me. It happened mainly when I was in the room. I never saw a bug, got bug bites, or a rash. Once I got home, it went away. I hate to blame this on the room, but couldn't attribute it to anything but that...
The breakfast spread was impressive, much more than a typical continental breakfast. It was constantly busy though.
We ventured to Disneyland one day. We drove from the hotel and it only took us a matter of minutes. Overall, the stay went well. Only issue was the itchiness, but that only affected me, not my partner.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Ayres Hotel Anaheim? Share your experiences!