“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Calgary
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I really struggled with choosing a hotel for our 4 night stay in Anaheim in November, did a ton of research, and used the advice of other TripAdvisor travelers and am SO pleased that we stayed at the Ayres. It was a really great choice.

Clean rooms, nicely decorated, well kept. Bed was comfy with nice pillows and sheets, spacious room with a fold out couch and king bed and the towels were pretty decent, too. The staff were tremendous. Can't say enough about how nice they are.

The hotel breakfast is a real treat, too. Offerings of hot and cold food (eggs, bacon or sausage, hash browns, pancakes, along with cereal, fruit, muffins, toast, bagels, juice and coffee). Really great selection and the coffee was tasty.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to families or couples or business people. Close to Disneyland (about 1.5 miles away) and also the ART shuttle stops by hourly to ferry passengers to/from Disneyland for a very reasonable price (I think it was $5 per person/day for adults, return trip). There is also free parking: be sure to get a parking pass from the front desk and register your car. We used the ART shuttle and were pleased with the service. It was about a 20 minutes ride to the park including all the stops.

It is situated closed to I15 but I didn't really notice all that much noise however if you are a super light sleeper you may want some kind of earplug but truly the noise did not keep me awake and I'm a fairly light sleeper myself. our room (west side) faced the interstate and it wasn't a problem.

They have a small fitness room with one treadmill, one bike, one elliptical and a small weight machine. Room was kept clean and also has a TV to watch while working out. Not huge but gives a traveler a chance to get a bit of exercise in. I believe there is also a pool but we did not seek it out.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: East side rooms might be quieter, west side faces I15, but its not very noisy.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We selected this hotel by random when planning our first vacation after our daughter (first child) was born 7 months ago. I consider myself a 'vacation-ista ' & was a little nervous about our first one since the new arrival. The Ayres of Orange CA and it's staff were clean, friendly, and accommodating. It was one of the best hotel experiences I have had! The price for the quality couldn't be beat anywhere!!! High marks and lots if reccommendations!
Thanks for making our first family vacation a success.

• Stayed December 2012
Grand Junction, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed four nights while visiting Disneyland. The hotel was nice and very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was fine. We would stay here again anytime. If you like to sleep in ask for a room away from nearby construction; they start early.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Stockton, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

My partner was staying here on a business trip and I joined her for a long weekend. I was very surprised at the comfort of the hotel. Based on reading previous reviews, I told her to get a room on the opposite side of the hotel from the freeway. There was construction across the street, but not too distracting.
The room seemed very clean. I do feel the need to mention that the entire time I was there I felt itchy, like bugs crawling on me. It happened mainly when I was in the room. I never saw a bug, got bug bites, or a rash. Once I got home, it went away. I hate to blame this on the room, but couldn't attribute it to anything but that...
The breakfast spread was impressive, much more than a typical continental breakfast. It was constantly busy though.
We ventured to Disneyland one day. We drove from the hotel and it only took us a matter of minutes. Overall, the stay went well. Only issue was the itchiness, but that only affected me, not my partner.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
San Luis Obispo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We recently stayed our 2nd time at the Ayres Hotel, and again we loved it. The hotel is clean, the staff are friendly, free breakfast always tastes great and it's really not that far from Disneyland. If we aren't staying at one of the Disney Hotels this is always our first choice. Our recent stay things were a little loud outside, as well as the room above us while we were trying to sleep, but we turned on the fan and we were able to block most of it out.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

The operative word when describing the Ayres is clean. The hotel functions as a business hotel providing a place to conduct small business meetings but also serves as a home away from home for those visiting Disneyland. In my case, it was the later. My wife, baby, and I were warmly greeted by Alessandra at the front desk who answered our questions and checked us in quickly. Our room on the fourth floor was super clean and cozy. And the beds were extremely comfortable. Each room has a fridge and microwave which came in handy with our restaurant leftovers and milk for the baby bottles. The Disneyland shuttle known as the A.R.T. swings by the hotel every hour. Travel time via the shuttle was less than 20 minutes each way. The shuttle is so convenient that it doesn't make sense to drive to the park from the hotel. Tickets for the shuttle can be purchased on the bus or at the front desk. Parking is free and the hotel does provide a basic quality breakfast. My bottom line is that if you trying to choose a hotel for your Disney trip that is close by, cost effective, and convenient, you must stay at the Ayres. The only better option is to stay in one of the hotels at the park, which require a lot more money. The only detractor (and realize that I am pulling at straws here) is that the hotel is located next the freeway and directly across the street from the Honda Center stadium. I could imagine that some of the rooms would experience noise from the freeway traffic or a stadium event. But, overall, look no more. The Ayres is your best bet.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway and the Honda center.
Aoyama Dori and San Jose
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This hotel is located about 2 miles (3 km) from Disneyland on Katella. It is a straight shot up Katella to get to Disneyland. The room we had was a king suite and it was very clean, spacious and well furnished. The sofa bed was very comfortable for a sofa bed (no lumps or sags in the mattress, etc.). The included breakfast was very competent and tasty. The staff is very attentive and friendly. I have no reason not to stay here again.