“Anaheim 's Best” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Northern Ireland
“Anaheim 's Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

We have just returned from a family trip to Southern California, during our Anaheim leg we stayed at the Ayres Hotel. I had initially booked accommodation in the Disney Maingate area but after finding the Ayres Hotel cancelled and made reservations here. Fortunately for us this turned out to be one of our best decisions. Right from our checkin with Ryan at the front desk we were made to feel welcome the room was spacious and well equipped having a small kitchenette with a microwave and fridge. The hotel has a small pool area and a fitness room if you feel energetic enough. The beds have to be the most comfortable I have ever slept in in any hotel in the world. The hotel offers a free buffet breakfast which you would quite easily have paid $20 or more for in many other hotels. There is also a happy hour in the evening offering free beer (other drinks available) chips and dips The breakfast room can get a bit busy however there is another part of the breakfast room which can be opened up if tables are needed. The hotel sits within easy access to the Angel stadium and the Honda Centre and is a couple of miles from the Disney Parks there is a shuttle service to local attractions and there is free parking on site for hotel guests. We opted to use our own transport to the parks, car park fees in the parks are around $15. The previous hotels we had looked at charged the same and more per night to park in the hotel car parks, so overall we did save money using the Ayres even though we used our own vehicle. My overall opinion of the Ayres Hotel is that it is a first class family friendly hotel which offers exceptional value for money, and in my opinion it is missing a star in the star ratings, this may be listed as 3 Star but offers the same if not better service and accommodation which I have found in many 4 Star hotels across the world. Would I stay there again YES would I recommend the Ayres Hotel to family and friends YES in fact I would recommend that they stay nowhere else.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Turkish first
Bloomington, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

We just returned from a five night stay at this hotel. All I can say is that this is an outstanding property and great value for the price. The hotel is immaculate - paint looks new, carpets are spotless, rooms are very clean, and everything looks new (even though the front desk told me the property is about 10 years old). The full breakfast with made to order items is great, as well as the evening reception Monday-Thursday nights. The front desk staff is very friendly and they go out of their way to help with directions and provide assistance. The bedding is very comfortable and like new. We liked the fact that the hotel was completely no smoking. We came to Anaheim to go to Disneyland and although this hotel is 3 miles away from the theme parks, it is a very easy drive and frankly, keeps you away from all of the crowds and craziness of the hotels that are closer to Disneyland. Lots of restaurants nearby. We used Trip Advisor to pick this hotel and everything we read was true. This hotel definitely exceeded our expectations. You won't be disappointed if you select this hotel. It is definitely a gem!

Room Tip: The hotel offered 20% off if you stayed 2 or more nights - booked this off the hotel's website
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

While staying at the ayres hotel, a few things should be known. The pool is not anything extravagant so don't stay here for that ammenity.The service was impeccable and the people working at the lobby really wanted to help you. Location was also great but in no means walking distance to Disneyland. The huge minus in our vacation was my daughter's allergic reaction. After the first night in the hotel, my daughter's face began to blow up into a tomato and her face only grew larger as we stayed. Her breathing was also affected negatively. The wierd thing was that her face would decrease ever so slightly in size once out of the hotel and into the fresh air. This was my daughter's first allergic reaction and though we do have some suspicions that the hotel cleaning products may have created such a change, we are not 100 percent sure since she will not be tested for allergies until next week (the closest appointment). Through all of this, the hotel staff was especially compliant and if it weren't for my daughter's allergic reaction while at the ayres, we would most definitely be staying again.

Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
AyresMgr, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Anaheim, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
Dear Mickeyland,

I am so sorry about your daughter's allergic reaction. I do remember that and I believe I spoke with you regarding it. Occasionally we do have people who have allergies to cleaning chemicals who call us in advance and we pre-block the room and clean with hot water to introduce as few allergens as possible. I would be happy to send some samples of the chemicals to you for your doctor to test on your daughter, so that you can know for sure exactly what it is that is causing the problem. Maybe we can easily remove that chemical from cleaning your room and then we can host you again!!

I do hope that I will hear from you and that you find out exactly what the allergen was.

With best regards,

Marcus Collins
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

My family and I stayed here back in April for 6 days. The purpose of the trip was to visit Disneyland with my nephews. I must say I thoroughly enjoyed the hotel; the service was excellent, rooms were super comfortable; location was good. The hotel was about 10mins away from Disneyland and right across the Honda Center (where the Anaheim Ducks play). We got a great deal with one of their promotions that included free breakfast each day, free internet access and free parking. I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. I highly recommend it. Good for the young and the old!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

We stayed for here for our quick trip to Disneyland. It is located across the street from the Honda Center and close to Angels Stadium. It is a shuttle ride from Disneyland. Very nice, clean hotel, with a friendly staff and quick check in and check out. Hotel served a complimentary hot breakfast. Great Stay!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Cuijk, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

It was a beautiful hotel. Spacious, clean, soundproof room, very comfy beds, great breakfast, good location. Since we had been on the road for 4 weeks I was glad to be able to do laundry. Computer available so we could print tickets for Disneyland and our boarding passes. Happy hour was a nice extra, free drinks (incl. beer and wine) and a snack. Besides that the people at the front desk were very nice and helpfull. It was a joy to stay there.

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

We stayed at this hotel near Disneyland and it was a great experience. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel was very clean and kept up well. The beds were very comfy and the rooms were quite soundproof. The complimentary breakfast was one of the best that I have experienced in my travels. We will return to this hotel if we go back to the Anaheim area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Ayres Hotel Anaheim? Share your experiences!